• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Outerversal unofficial tiering list

Status
Not open for further replies.
This tiering list makes no sense. The whole point of 1-As is that they're transcendant of dimensional considerations, so trying to fit them into a tier list is impossible because they are by definition immeasurable. To transcend infinite dimensions is to transcend mathematics. The most that can be done is to subset some 1-As as High 1-As to show that they are more powerful than most others. I don't even think the definition of "Baseline 1-A" makes any sense, and it just seems to be used to downplay characters.

The whole list seems to be an attempt to formalise the Taikyoku system of the Masadaverse, which is pointless because it's meaningless metaphysical nonsense that tries to apply complex-dimensional theory to non-dimensional beings.

Yeah this seems stupid and incredibly biased with no logical explanations as to why certain characters are ranked that way, also lmao at TOAA being in the same tier as Lucifer

tier 0 is given to supreme beings of their verses, it doesn't follow any criteria, if you are 1-A and you are a supreme being, then you are tier 0. TOAA, Primal monitor and Kami Tenchi are just one degree of infinite transcendence above baseline 1-A. the tier 0 hasn't a clear criteria like every other tiers in this site, it's current explanation doesn't make any sense "The ones that do qualify should be so much higher than baseline 1-A characters that it can not be estimated or comprehended from their perspectives" this isn't a clear criteria, it doesn't say how much a tier 0 transcends an 1-A, so it's just speculation when you rate a character as tier 0, there isn't anymore the questionable omnipotent thing, so why do you keep them on this tier without explanations and feats?

Ren Fujii said:
tier 0 is given to supreme beings of their verses, it doesn't follow any criteria, if you are 1-A and you are a supreme being, then you are tier 0. TOAA, Primal monitor and Kami Tenchi are just one degree of infinite transcendence above baseline 1-A
As far as I understand, talking about degrees of infinite transcendance only makes sense at the dimensional level.

E.g. A six-dimensional character has one degree of infinite transcendance over a five-dimensional character.

No I didn´t meant X by 0, but simply squared the infinity

As many are complaining about the "bias" I have, which I don´t TBH, I´ll go ahead and say that this takes the dimensional tiering as a basis.

It may not be accurate "because 1-A is above those", but this is the thing used here to get an useful measure.

Take thsi with a grain of salt, thanks you.

Infinity^2 isn´t equal to 0, but rather simply a double set of infinity, ^3 means a triple set of infinities and so on.

Using dimensional tiering to tier something that has to transend the concept of dimensions to even gain it's rank

thinking:

First Witch said:
What is this and why does it exist.
Just an attemp to index a sort of tiering list for the 1-A and above characters, it may seem weird to try to measure 1-As depending on how many chains of 1-As they trascend, but it´s the best alternative to get a solid measure that´s isn´t just subjetive.

The best way to call what this list does is pretty much a sorf of "composite outerversal cosmology" in a way.

Also, this list downplays the Cthulhu Mythos hard. Like, Hypnos reached infinite levels above baseline 1-A, and he got BTFO'd upon reaching the First Gate:

"There was a night when winds from unknown spaces whirled us irresistibly into limitless vacua beyond all thought and entity. Perceptions of the most maddeningly untransmissible sort thronged upon us; perceptions of infinity which at the time convulsed us with joy, yet which are now partly lost to my memory and partly incapable of presentation to others. Viscous obstacles were clawed through in rapid succession, and at length I felt that we had been borne to realms of greater remoteness than any we had previously known. My friend was vastly in advance as we plunged into this awesome ocean of virgin aether, and I could see the sinister exultation on his floating, luminous, too youthful memory-face. Suddenly that face became dim and quickly disappeared, and in a brief space I found myself projected against an obstacle which I could not penetrate. It was like the others, yet incalculably denser; a sticky, clammy mass, if such terms can be applied to analogous qualities in a non-material sphere."

"I had, I felt, been halted by a barrier which my friend and leader had successfully passed. Struggling anew, I came to the end of the drug-dream and opened my physical eyes to the tower studio in whose opposite corner reclined the pallid and still unconscious form of my fellow-dreamer, weirdly haggard and wildly beautiful as the moon shed gold-green light on his marble features. Then, after a short interval, the form in the corner stirred; and may pitying heaven keep from my sight and sound another thing like that which took place before me. I cannot tell you how he shrieked, or what vistas of unvisitable hells gleamed for a second in black eyes crazed with fright. I can only say that I fainted, and did not stir till he himself recovered and shook me in his phrensy for someone to keep away the horror and desolation."

There are several Gates before the Ultimate Gate, not just the First Gate:

"Randolph Carter's advance through that Cyclopean bulk of abnormal masonry was like a dizzy precipitation through the measureless gulfs between the stars. From a great distance he felt triumphant, godlike surges of deadly sweetness, and after that the rustling of great wings, and impressions of sound like the chirpings and murmurings of objects unknown on earth or in the solar system. Glancing backward, he saw not one gate alone, but a multiplicity of gates, at some of which clamoured Forms he strove not to remember."

In conclusion, the Outer Gods should all be at least countless degrees of qualitative transcendence above baseline 1-A.

Downplay? They are pretty high in the list right now, which section you suggest to move them to?

I say it's downplayed because you're putting Hypnos in the same category as Nyarlathotep, which is a hilariously bad classification of Nyar because said category is for those that are infinite levels above 1-A.

Even those beyond the First Gate would belong on the second-highest rung on the current ladder, i.e. they're qualitatively superior to baseline 1-A.

And then there's potentially infinite Gates past that, culminating in the Ultimate Gate, beyond which exist the Outer Gods such as, you guessed it, Nyarlathotep.

You should have a new Tier: Beyond the archetype of Infinities.

The highest tier should be: Beyond the archetype of Limitations.

That doesn´t sound lie a bad idea.

From which part of the list it would start?, as it sounds like something around those that trascend an infinite outerversal hierarchy, which is pretty high in the list, and so I can´t just paste characters in it as I can´t just try trial and error here anymore.

You should have a new Tier: Beyond the archetype of Infinities.

An Outgod like Nyarlathotep (Cthulhu Mythos) Stomp Haju

Also, while Umineko no Naku Koro ni's Tier 1 feats are like Bernkastel's due to her fundamental nature as a Voyager witch, she is her own eternally evolving Universe, allowing Bernkastel to constantly adapt to higher layers, her only limits being that of what she decides for herself, if any at all, at rates she can control until she becomes one with The Creator. She created and manifested on the highest level of her own game board that's much larger than Beatrice's own. She can also manipulate structures consisting of the same nothingness she consists of transcending infinite layers

• The feats look infinite look over baseline to be honest

The highest tier should be: Beyond the archetype of Limitations. The Creator (Umineko no Naku Koro ni) for now,

DarkNeon1994 said:
>Beyond the archetype of Infinities.
wow
Technically omnipotence?

Anyways, for now I´ll edit those categories, but I´ll keep Nub and Yeb where they are for now as their AP pretty much makes them comparable to the great old ones, which are baseline.

Technically omnipotence?

Technically, beyond the idea of inifinite,; Omnipotence might get delete

Nub and Yeb are possibly Outer God too so they should be comparable to Nya's

On their Profile: also possible that Yeb is another name for Cxaxukluth, who is an Outer God

Nug and yeb are really vague. Like most 1-As. Part of what makes 1-A scaling such a mess.

I know full well how long the CM scaling chain is. I don't chose to list myself as knowledgeable in CM because I don't have the type of in depth knowledge expected of people like say azathoth on the verse, but I still know a bit. The ambiguity in the first place is whether or not Yeb really is an outer god, and since it's lovecraft we're not ever gonna know for sure.

What a helpful answer from Mr cthulgu mythos knowledgeable man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back