• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The One Below All (TOBA) Confirmation Statements From Writer Al Ewing (also question about immortal hulks Tier as well because it's most likely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Schroeder said:
The Tetromino King said:
It's literally confirmed in the comics that he is equal and opposite to toaa
By feats he's not.
Sometimes not everything is about feats (not saying it doesn't matter), Statements can also matter when trying to scale who and who and get to where endgame is as a verdict.

It would be flabbergastingly sad if this gets looked over until it's stated in the books even though it was confirmed by the writer him/herself .

Matthew Schroeder said:
The statements are being misinterpreted I feel.
It's not about what you feel, it's about the info, scans, calcs, statement and facts and You don't exactly have a solid argument against the writer because he hasn't contradicted his work or his books thus far so he's definitely reliable and if you have a question, you can go ask al Ewing yourself ZaStando27 And Cvc All-Ender had no problem and al Ewing is extremely active with those interested in his work and will respond (similar to Ian Flynn in account)

We need a lot of solid confirmation before we allow a tier 0 profile to be created.

"

I think, yeah, it only works if TOBA is TOAA's direct opposite, or the other side of the coin. TOBA does seem more willing to get involved with things.

Is TOBA as powerful as TOAA? One for the theologians, maybe. Interesting chart!"

Them being direct opposites has nothing to do with power rather than them being opposting deities, its like scaling neron or the first of the fallen to the presence, and he really leaves the part of them being equal in power up to interpretation.

"Direct influence by TOBA is a pretty grave threat, certainly - when TOAA applies direct influence, (as it's done once or twice) it's a very special occasion, so the reverse would be true. But these are both forces acting on the Marvel Universe at all times."

Proves nothing, just that both forces only act when needed. Literally nothing dictating power here.

Literally nothing at ALL talks about them being equal in power rather than being opposites in correlation to a satan/god situation.

^ Hykuu..... you have nice input but it clearly has flaws.

1. That was never my premise but it was one of the things speculated by many fans and even one of the highest mods/admin here so Al Ewing confirming that gives us comfortable footing to stand on who or what is the one below all, and that's a faulty analogy as there's different circumstances to note, TOBA is questioned as God's Hulk, and is the reverse of TOAA. As confirmed.

2. Proves everything actually, I could list at least 3 Interpretations off that statement and 2 of them relates to TOBA's power, the direct influence of the two in context is equal without a doubt, one of two events is special so the reverse would be true as well, how is that *not* giving an emphasis in the hierarchy between the two beings? I really need to know because it points to more than what you're claiming and it ain't "oh it only implicates that they act when needed" it's more than that, when they act it's equally as powerful as the other.

It's both. I'll get one of my bois to ask al Ewing when I get the chance to confirm it all.

1. If it isn't your premise then it's irrelevant, you are going off faulty equivolances here, as there isn't anyway you can objectively quantify anything you are saying to legitimate power rather than them being simply opposites, it makes 0 sense, also the circumstances make even more sense for them as they have direct statements in comparison to God, not even limited to nature, but they still don't scale.

2. Follows the first point, you can't objectively quantify it to power because he literally never mentions power rather nature, I think you are missing my point- In literally all his statements he references their actions and when they do them and shit. But he doesn't actually say "yuh they are comparable", rather emphasizing their god/satan relationship

Oh? You want to jump off the roof like that?

1. No I'm not, the context is there to prove it, that's not my premise so why in tarnation do you keep bringing it up, all I have shown is that when TOBA affects something it's as special As TOAA meaning he's on that scale, you have no proof to prove otherwise, your argument is they aren't, prove it, you have shown nothing but a falsehood Of Interpretation Of statements.

You're the only one bringing up the satan/god relationship....

2. No it doesn't, he mentions influence and how "grave it is" when he influences something it's just like TOAA and the statement clearly points to that notion. He heavily implicates that when TOBA affects something it's like TOAA in nature so that points to a potential powerscale that you are denying and have no other quote from Ewing to Debunk it, you're just giving your own thoughts and forcing your premise onto that something that is not related to the context. If their actions are as big as one another than that's enough to scale the two.

Again you're the only one bringing the god/satan relationship.....

Anyway Tyler is gonna consult Ewing with the 1 million dollar question. It should take about a few hours to a day Or so.

My 2 cents is that with what's shown with al Ewing's statements currently, TOBA should be considered for a profile and a reasonable scale based on what's currently here.

At worst 2-C at best probably where TOAA is.

Matthew Schroeder said:
TOAA has actual feats and context. TOBA only has some author statements on twitter which aren't acceptable and vague claims that are contradicted by feats. Such as an Amped Immortal Hulk killing it.
First, hulk is TOBA's child and both of them are drawn from the same tree (green door) and second hulk never killed it Lmao he simply "brought you guys some minutes" all he did was hold TOBA back not kill it, anew feat for a new hulk but he never defeated TOBA just held him back, false information on your part.

Anyways Tyler got an answer from Al Ewing about if TOBA is truly on TOAA's Lvl and said he'll probably touch on that in the comics as he doesn't prefer to give a direct answer on Twitter. So we can wait until then or use what we got now. Whatever the case I know TOBA is gonna step in Tier 1 or 0 eventually.

I agree with Hykuu and Matthew. We know too little about the character to properly rate it yet.

""
1. No I'm not, the context is there to prove it, that's not my premise so why in tarnation do you keep bringing it up, all I have shown is that when TOBA affects something it's as special As TOAA meaning he's on that scale, you have no proof to prove otherwise, your argument is they aren't, prove it, you have shown nothing but a falsehood Of Interpretation Of statements. "

Dude, if it isn't your premise then you don't have a premise which actually proves they are comparable, this isn't how you power scale, you don't go off vague WoG statements which are literally secondary evidence by themselves. You need direct statements in the comic of them being comparable in POWER. Again, you are misconstructing his statement, he only said that both take action at very specific and special times. Not that something is as special as TOAA (whatever that even means.), Otherwise I am expecting a scan of him doing something in ultimates. lol

"2. No it doesn't, he mentions influence and how "grave it is" when he influences something it's just like TOAA and the statement clearly points to that notion. He heavily implicates that when TOBA affects something it's like TOAA in nature so that points to a potential powerscale that you are denying and have no other quote from Ewing to Debunk it, you're just giving your own thoughts and forcing your premise onto that something that is not related to the context. If their actions are as big as one another than that's enough to scale the two. "

The statement: "Direct influence by TOBA is a pretty grave threat, certainly " You can't quantify this statement when he didn't even specify a threat to what within his WoG, lol. He doesn't say whenever he effects something its like TOAA in nature, what? He literally says "it's a very special occasion, so the reverse would be true. But these are both forces acting on the Marvel Universe at all times". He only says TOBA acts on special occasions, and the term special has nothing to do with TOAA himself. If we look at the statement, I can also use the fact that TOAA took action against the first firmament. Yet we know that literally means nothing. He stopped spiderman from quitting being a hero. TOAA level spiderman special ocCaasSIOn=?!?!?!??! You get the idea, its just they act when needed, what they act upon varies extremely but he doesn't say anything about them being directly comparable in power. I don't need poor evidence to attack your poor evidence, using WoG like this means nothing, specially if you are misconstructing the statement.

"Is TOBA as powerful as TOAA? One for the theologians, maybe. Interesting chart!" Al Ewing himself literally says its up to interpretation regarding if they are equal or not. Idk why you are still using his WoG statements like this and just making them seem like something they're not.

It isn't vague, it's solid enough to scale the two. Dude Hol' up "when TOAA applies direct influence, (as it's done once or twice) it's a very special occasion, so the reverse would be true. But these are both forces acting on the Marvel Universe at all times." ^^^^^^^^^^Ôé¼^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ It is as special as TOAA.

Not seeing your point, the quotes you show don't Debunk the case here. And Stopping Peter from quitting his job is a special occasion but in context we see here it has nothing to do with power, but to explain to a hero in mental crisis that he needs to get up and do what he has to do, and that all his decisions is up to him. In TOBA's Case when Ewing said "When TOBA applies direct influence it's a pretty grave threat" then goes to talk how powerful it is when TOAA applies direct influence, and says the reverse would be true. I'm pretty sure TOBA Isn't needed, he acted upon the opening of the green door by banner and hulk plus possessed Brian, Sasquatch and Corrupted Creel, then Got a hold of banner and TOBA took form and got held back by hulk as he evacuated everyone who didn't die already and stitched the green door before TOBA could unleash it's wrath and that's pretty much it.

Update: so Al Ewing said he'll talk about TOBA And The Question Of His Footings With TOAA in the comic pages.

So? Maybe? We'll definitely either see this in Immortal Hulk Or The Ultimates

Extra question, what is WoG? And another thing is I'm not making things seem like they're not it's pretty much in context.

I am gonna agree to disagree.

And Antvasima is right, I'll probably just wait until TOBA pops up a few more times in Immortal Hulk Or gets a scale in the Ultimates.

Antvasima said:
I agree with Hykuu and Matthew. We know too little about the character to properly rate it yet.
Yeah I guess you're right. But I want to see what wokistans point of view is about this before you close the thread.

I'll give you the indicator on your wall or in the post.

"And Antvasima is right, I'll probably just wait until TOBA pops up a few more times in Immortal Hulk Or gets a scale in the Ultimates."

ok

don't quote huge walls of text btw

WoG is Word of God, I.e Author statement.

We could still make it At least 2-C for being superior to Mephisto and put a note in its profile that it's supposed to be an equivalent to TOAA, but we have too little information within the work to rate it as such.

Being a counterpart or dark sub-personality is not the same as being an equal though.

I'd say for now, to appeal to both sides, we should create the profile but have him listed as "Unknown", have the knowledgeable people develop the profile's powers and abilities to which have been shown and then, have the information we have seen be placed into the AP section, I imagine the other stats besides Durability will be able to be accounted for by the knowledgable people.

Additionally, we should add a note, stating that while there is some implication that he is equal to TOAA, either in power or as a Duality of sorts, we are unable to accurately know the full extent of TOBA's power and if TOBA has equal Power to the TOAA

No, the character has been kept too vague to be featured here as of yet.

I mean, we've had character profiles that only have implications such as the Majestic Presence or The Wife of Nyarlathotep.

I don't see why we could make a Unknown profile for now, saves making on later, and while the knowledgable people are all here, they can all work on it.

Several wrongs do not make a right. We should still preferably wait until we know more about the character than very vague interpretations.

It is impossible to maintain absolute consistency for over 20,000 profiles. That doesn't change that we have not been presented with all of the information yet.

You know what? Ant just close the thread.

I think I've had enough.

Personally I See TOBA currently as something that's going to have to be displayed more, and wokistan isn't in the mood to comment.

I'm satisfied enough. At least we have clues about TOBA. But I'm a little bit concerned about WoG.

He has confirmed that his relationship with TOAA will be discussed in the Comics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back