• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The ol' blackhole topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before you freak out, please take some time to read it first. I know this was discussed before that it wasn't a real black hole because saitama only sunk a bit underground, or that because geryuganshoop only stated what a black hole was, or some other overanalysing stuff. BUT think about it from the writer's perspective. He made this scene to show us that saitama is crazy strong to the point where even black holes don't mean anything to him. He wouldn't show the black hole sucking everything around it because of the plot. It would be stupid to show the black hole just sucking the whole galaxy into itself just because he wanted to prove it was a black hole. The whole point of the scene is demonstrating saitama's power. Think about it for a second. Do you think all writers overanalyse every little detail? I mean look at all the insonsitencies in Dragon Ball for exmple. ONE made it a black hole but since you guys disagree suddenly it's not a black hole? Like it or not he tanked that black hole. Speaking of which, geryuganshoop was an underling for boros, and was clearly afraid of him. Meaning he knew better than to try and defy him. He knows that he is weaker than him, which means even if he used a black hole on him it wouldn't kill him or else he would have done it long ago. So why is Boros still weak as hell on this site? The official guide says his restricted armor form can blast away planets and his final SSJ3 form can destroy a star. And when Saitama countered his star bsuting attack the air pressure from just his punch was able to tear him apart and even destroy his healing factor. And that is a being that even a black hole creator is afraid of defying. Both Saitama and Boros need a SERIOUS upgrade. The admins are going against ONE himself and are seriously downplaying these 2 characters.

Nah its not a black hole as if Saitama was able to casually resist the black hole which should have been above Planet level but Saitama needed serious punch to wipe out a Multi Continental blast so the Geruganshoop black hole cant be above Boros CSRC which is Multi Continent

Plus Geruganshoop black holes is filler as he has not demonstrated it in the manga and his black hole doesn't have properties like the pretty black hole which a black hole should have so thats a no

The guide is exaggerating as Boros final CSRC is stated to be able to turn Earth into inhabitable ruin which is life wiper so its Multi Continent level as Star level was a mistranslation due to Kanji of Star and Planet are similar and can be confused same is the case with Kaguya from the Naruto series

So his restricted form cant be stronger than his CSRC which is Multi Continent level so his rating is just fine

Oh so the professional/paid translators made a translation mistake and mr know it all over here knows more japanese than actual japanese people. Got it.

And you clearly didn't read everything that I wrote. The intention of the writer by adding the black hole scene was to demonstrate Saitama's godly power. He didn't nor would he ever waste time nitpicking all the properties of a black hole into the scene because that would just be inconvenient to the plot.

Saitama's punch was far above star level because not only did he destroy boros' attack, but the wind pressure from his punch turned boros into minced meat. And he was serious, not full power. Even boros said saitama was holding back a LOT.

And boros saying he wants to wipe the surface of the planet doesn't mean that it is his limit. Cell said he will destroy the earth when he threatened to blow himself up, does that make him earth level?

Check the facts before you start throwing around your headcanon.

Ok so you're entire argument is based on

The author wants it to be this so it should be

That's not how it works

No, my entire argument is based on what the author showed in the series and we said about his charcters. He showed a black hole to show saitamas strength. You think the author gives 2 ***** about physics and how black holes affect their surroundings? Of course not. He put it there solely for saitama. And he also stated in the guidebook that he approved and wrote himself that boros attack is star level regardless of what boros said he would do the the surface of the earth. Because then again, didn't Freeza say he wanted to destroy earth countless times? What about Cell? It's your word against the creator of one punch man.

Its not just me its all of Vs battle agreeing that it was a error due to Kanji similarities of Star and Planet same problem with Momoshiki

Author intention doesn't matter what matters is the feat if the black hole doesn't display any properties then it isn't a black hole no matter how much a Author wants it to be unless its close to accurate according to Vs battle black hole page,Plot doesn't matter as well

Star level?It was due to translation errors so it is accurately translated as turning Earth into ruines which is Multi Continent level and Saitama overpowered that with his serious punch,his full power isn't accounted as its unknown

He said it in manga and anime and kinda on webcomic too so no plus that was his full power attack so there is no way that he had more power plus Cell Solar System statement truimps over his Planet level statements while Boros has only Multi Continent level statements while Star was a translation error

Your whole argument is revolving around a author intention and plot which doesn't matter here

If he didn't that means it isn't a real black hole case closed no making fuss out of it

That was again translation error and if you want proof go check out the earlier threads made about Boros CSRC power

Then again his Drawf Star level feat and his scaling to Universal level truimps his statements whild Boros has none of that

The pretty black hole attack used on goku didn't display the black hole properties either. It never sucked the entire arena with all the contestants in it. Goku and the androids trapped in it were still able to see each other even though light shouldn't be in a black hole. In fact the only thing it showed was sucking in the ki blast when it was shot by it. I could say the same thing that it isn't a black hole.

Now again you keep saying translation error but don't even show proof of the error. I couldn't care less about momoshiki, this is about the guide book from one punch man which was released recently.

Again, Boros saying he wants to wipe the surface of the earth doesnt mean that it is his limit. Cell said he will destroy the earth, why isn't he earth level now? The guides make cell a solar system buster and boros a star buster. What's so hard to understand?

The guy manipulated the gravity around saitama and made it exactly like a black hole, he didn't open a black hole to suck everything around it. It was directed only at saitama. If the rules of this site go against even the authors of the characters themselves then those rules need to change.

Speaking of black hole properties, again like I said before, the pretty black hole displayed 2 properties: heavy gravity and absorbing that one ki blast. Nothing else. Saitama's case was a black hole aimed solely at him. When the attack was released it was affecting the room they were in, because his intentions weren't wrecking the shit out of his ship, they were an attempt to crush saitama.

Tell me again why you still wanna downplay saitama and boros.

And one more thing, the guides also said boros' restricted form can blast away planets, yet you are still making him multi continent. This wikia is dumb and inconsistent.

While I'm not siding with Digup he does make a valid point.

I have yet to see anyone on this site prove that Boros being stated to be capable of destroying a star is an actual mistranslation.

Everyone is just assuming that it was, or maybe someone did and I missed it?

In conclusion, no one can just assume that anything is just a mistranslation without evidence.

[[1]]

You can literally just look up collapsing star roaring cannon and find so many things about the translation

This guide contradicts the own statement of Boros saying that he can destroy the Earth using CSRC and manga>guidebook so it takes precedence

Yes and in the same way Geruganshoop black hole doesn't show any real black hole properties

Why do I need to?Why dont you check the previous threads made around Boros CRSC and you will find the answer there about translation error and Momoshiki power mistranslation is same thing which happened with Boros because Kanji of Star and Planet are similar dont believe me?Why dont you research for yourself

What makes Cell solar system level is his statement about busting a Solar System and guides supporting it and even if the statement wasn't there Cell Planet busting statement is ignored because Cell is much powerful than Frieza first form who is a Drawf Star level

While Boros doesn't have any Star busting statement in the manga or webcomic nor does he have someone who is a Star buster so he can scale to it so no Boros has none of that so you cant compare it with Cell situation

What does Boros have?Only one Star level statement and you know how many statements from guides were needed to upgrade Cell to Solar System?So no Boros is not Star level unless you bring me more Star level statements from guides which are atleast 3 to 4 then we will consider

It was only pulling him down and wasn't even sucking anything so no its not a black hole and author intention doesn't matter if its not a black hole then it isn't

Using your logic pretty black hole is also black hole because Toei portrayed it as black hole so your logic contradicts your statement then

Beside the whole black hole wasn't even there in manga so its only a filler and it doesn't count anyway so no upgrade

That still supports as only increase in gravity not black hole as singularity of black hole would have infinite gravity but isn't the case here nor was it crushing the whole ship with its gravity so no its only a increase in gravity not black hole

There I told my reason,Geruganshoop black hole isn't a real black hole and its a filler,plus Boros only has one star level statement which is mistranslation as well so its a clear NO

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uj0RVGCAy...ACQYW66uekkeCkkq8jtlzACHM/s16000/0036-029.png

Here Boros says he wants to reease his energy to blast him and the planet surface. He didn't say "my full power is planet surface level". Again Freeza said he wants to destroy namek in 5 minutes yet he is star level. Or Freeza when said he will blow up the earth before he fought trunks but again he is star level.

http://************/uploads/chapters/5417/14/p_00007.jpg

And here he is from the web comic stating he wants to wipe saitama off the face of the planet.

In both cases he never said what his full power is capable of. And even if he did, that guidebook would be a retcon.

Now this crap about the kanji mistranslation and whatnot is just a bunch of weeaboos trying to out-japanese professional japanese translators who work in a respectable company which translated ONE's own words who obviously checked the guidebook before selling it.

At this point you are just saying he isn't star level because the kanji can be translated in diffrent ways even though the official translation clearly states star level in his final form, and planet level in his armored form.

And me mentioning goku's black hole feat wasn't meant to disprove it being a blackhole, it was there to show you that when the author wants to put a black hole in his story, no matter how it is drawn or animated it will most certainly be a black hole, because the author said so. And what's this crap about the black hole feat being a filler? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that pretty black hole feat doesn't appear in the DBS manga. So does this mean it's also filler? You are contradicting yourself.

Saitama and Boros can both withstand black holes via scaling to geryguanshoop who can make black holes. Why Boros? Because geryuganshoop is scared of him, other wise he would have black holed him and took over. And lets not forget saitama killed boros with air pressure, he split his beam and the remaining air was enough to destroy boros along with his healing factor, meaning boros has a durability more than star level, which is already proved since a black hole creator works under him and is afraid of him.

Paul Frank said:
[[1]]
You can literally just look up collapsing star roaring cannon and find so many things about the translation
just because the kanji can be translated in many ways doesn't prove anything. It's just a bunch of weebs going against the author himself. Who is more reliable, paid professional translators whose work is under supervision from ONE, or some guys on the internet who happen to know a few letters in japanese?

Boros said that he will release all of his energy to defeat Saitama which was his full power blast being Multi Continent level and that suggest Boros doesn't have more power as it was his last trump card

Frieza held back his power too much and he wont be downgraded as he has a calc to support it while Boros has none except a mistranslated guidebook

Face of the Planet not Planet or Star

Gudebook didn't say that Boros CSRC wasn't his full power and it was his last trunp card hence used last against Saitama because it was his most powerful if he had a stronger power he would have done that to wipe out Saitama there is no reason to believe that Boros is holding back when he was turned into mince meat by Saitama and could detect his energy

Nah they aren't if they were unrelaible then this wiki wouldn't be using it and the error is pointed out by members who knows Japanese and Kanji and aren't just random liers even professional translateer can make a mistake mistranslating it to Star when it was Planet level and again his armored form didn't demonstrated or did anything to support this rank and is contradicting Boros statement of making a Planet using CSRC having all the power as said as its stated in manga and in translating the guidebook properly

If author cant even potray it kinda close to black hole then its not a black hole no matter what the intention is and author intention doesn't matter here,Author wanted to show Frieza busting Planet Vegeta but guess what it yielded Drawf Star level result so author intention is discarded as the drawf star one is more realistic and we will still judge the show based on reality even if author doesn't know how science works

Its filler because black hole wasn't there in manga which is canon as ONE payed no attention to OPM anime and allowed it to go to direction as they like,DBS manga and anime are going different directions so they aren't even following the same storyline while OPM manga and anime are doing and Manga Goku and Anime Goku has seperate pages here as you can see so their feats are different as well

It was just a small black hole made to increase gravity only a few times and wasn't even stromg enough to sink a whole ship and was filler so how can they even scale to that?Plus Saitama air pressure damaged Boros and only splitted the clouds nothing special and Boros died only due to lack of energy as he needs enegy to regenerate but his energy was gone due to CSRC so no he isn't a star level

Yoj would need proofs on par with Cell Solar System level to warrant a upgrade

I just showed you proof. You keep saying it's a mistranslation because the kanji can be translated into multiple words. What it can be translated to doesn't matter because they stated in the book he is star level. And Boros didn't say his limit is the planet's surface. He aimed it at saitama not at the planet itself. And with the black hole not sinking Saitama, it would be inconvinient for the plot if they had to crush and suck in everything around him just to prove that it's a black hole. Again, I could say the same about Goku's black hole also not sucking all the contestants around him. But it's always the same with this wiki, if goku does it it's all right but when saitama does it doesn't count. The guides literally state him in his armor being able to blast away planets and his strongest attack able to obliterate a star. Just because he said he will destroy the earth or the surface of the earth doesn't mean it is his full power. The actual guide and the author himself are saying he is a casual planet buster when he is restricted and star level in his meteoric burst form. Boros can also be scaled to the black hole feat since again geryganshoop is AFRAID of him even though he can put him in a black hole if he wanted. He knows he won't stand a chance. And Saitama's punch not only split a star busting attack, but the air pressure alone was able to grind boros and destroy his healing factor. And let me tell you, That guide was official by Viz and ONE interviews. And even after all this proof you still want to ignore everything, remember there exists something called a "retcon", in which the author changes his mind about his characters. So yeah, you can keep believing this bullshit head canon or you can use your head and understand that what the author says happens, happens. Now this brings me to another point, ONE also said monster form garou who isn't at his perfect monster form can fight toe to toe with Boros. That is referring to Garou's form with horns which can be seen here http://i.imgur.com/Spx3RKu.jpg

So yeah, ONE took part of the official guide book and it is confirmed again he is a star buster

https://imgur.com/a/d2cVf

So please read the whole thing and stop being so biased.

The cannon can be translated to fit with the lifewiping situation aka "shave the earth/rui the earth"

The anime book's description would be straight up a different different story canon afaic.

There are contradictions between the anime and manga events so yeah. Good luck with that.

You are free to disagree with our standards regarding Black Holes or how we treat feats in general, but you have to accept that the wiki won't accept interpretations that go this heavily against how we treat things.

Try to remove the standards if you think your reasoning is sound enough, but as things stand the black hole feat is unusable.

And it's clear as day that a star busting attack can easily bust a planet. And Boros wasn't aiming at the planet itself, he was aiming at Saitama. Now this can be perceived in 2 ways. One, when he said he will blast him and this planet to hell he meant he will blast them both with the same beam meaning he was probably aiming at the planet. Two, he could mean the beam would graze the earth as it is blasting saitama because they were both far above the surface and boros was angled a bit downwards. And seeing how when saitama punched it, it split in a direction which suggests it wasn't aimed straight at the core, it was CLEARLY going to graze the planet and shave off a part of it rather than bust it. Look at the clearly obvious proof here:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cRO5Qkcx_...CyjPbhQlzl8GyY2xQuknVACHM/s16000/0036-030.png

This is how high he was above the ground. Keep in mind the ship is the size of a city.

And here is saitama reflecting the beam. You can see how boros was not aiming straight at the core, the beam was CLEARLY ANGLED at saitama.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zbscGmmkO...3abuNlts8ih_OumGOZHZAwCHM/s16000/0036-041.png

And here is more proof Boros wasn't aiming at the core http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iF1PHuR7b...uIHp_K8lb_LXFApEVIX4sQCHM/s16000/0036-042.png

Now see the proof and see that Boros could have destroyed the planet had he aimed for the core, or as the anime would say, he was able to destroy the planet by grazing it only. Whatever the case is, it's clear as day he is a star buster because ONE confirmed it in the new guidebook which he took part in. The same guide book that should be taken seriously and takes priority over everything said in the past because the author himself said so.

It is mistranslated because the same thing happened with Momoshiki so yeah

His CSRC was his last trump card and he stated to be able to cause the Planet into ruins so his attack is at Multi Continent level and thats it unless you have proof for any other guides supporting Star level Boros or his restricted form blowing out Planets then we will think about it but for now thats no

Plot here doesn't matter if black hole didn't sink the ship then its not a black hole case closed and here the pretty black hole is also considered to not be a black hole so I dont see your point comparing it with Goku black hole,Atleast author could make black hole a bit more accurate and its not hard but since black holes aren't acting like one so Geruganshoop black hole and Pretty black hole aren't black holes so I dont know why you are calling me biased

And no being star buster is really out of even god level threat who is stated to be threat to Planet and Boros statement here suits that requirement plus the word Planet was mentioned 3 times by Boros in webcomic,manga and anime vs guides mistranslated Star buster so its 3 vs 1 and manga and webcomic takes predence here not guides unless they support manga and webcomic thats how we deal with guides and when did author write the guide??

Since Geruganshoop black hole was just a filler and wasn't even real black hole only increase in gravity so no Boros and other cant scale to "black hole" unless you give me proof that its a real black hole then we will see

Saitama one shotted a Multi Continent level blast and grinded Boros

Retcons can happen but not in guides only in webcomic and manga

Ok so?Monster Garou scales to Boros who is Continent level and Multi Continet level with CSRC or unless you are telling me that Monsted Garou has some star level feat?

Antvasima Lets wait a bit more then you can close

The "black hole" has only one property of a real black hole, that being extreme gravity. It doesn't look or function like a black hole. We absolutely can't use it.

As for Star Level, no, it isn't clear as day. You know what is clear as day? Someone destroying a star. This is not clear and doesn't even seem to be the implication.

My area said:
If Boros attack was Star level he would have destroyed the Planet no matter where its aimed
Not really.

I disagree with the OP definitely, but this specific argument is fallacious.

I agree with Assaltwaffle. I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back