• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The No More Hero vs AMOGUS

The amp he has access to in this key, Dark Step, can only be used upon dodging something, but it can be done at the start of a fight IF Travis gets a dodge. Usually Yakuza fighters like a bit of back-and-forth before activating Heat, and my argument is that Travis would be able to dodge one of those blows before Jo enters heat, though I don't think Jo managing to do that is an auto loss for Travis either, in fact I'd still give him the odds there.

Think about it like Witch Time in Bayonetta- well, Bayonetta can use it at will in cutscenes, but you get what I mean. It can only be done by dodging, but there's basically no other restriction.

In NMH2 he has a second amp that he needs to get worked up to use, but lasts longer and can be activated at will once he can.

So he dodges a Heat-less Amon and Amon gets cut up (like you said - one shotted)? I mean, I don't see it working out. I was basing my entire arguments on Travis getting an amp some time into the fight, not upon first seconds.

Yeah, it's basically spammable if he wants it to be. That said he might prefer to fight on the offensive or block blows at first, but he wouldn't completely avoid dodging, and I think eventually he'd get one off.

I will say it's not a stomp as Jo has a decent chance to win by focusing on strong, surefire blows like Tiger Drop (though I'd still give Travis a slight edge there) and has a decent advantage when he starts spamming Random Bullshit, if he gets there.

One Tiger Drop won't stop him, like you said. And that's his strongest physical move before random bullshit is being used. There's no chance he gets to that phase if he dies before that. He even has Low-Mid regen, and I don't see him lopping Travis' head off because of that speed amp.

Yeah, it's fairly decisive for Travis, but Jo does have a few wincons, I don't think it's a stomp. It's worth mentioning we don't know the speed of Travis' regen, he can survive with a hole in his chest but we don't ever get to see it regen until a scene that takes place a few days later where he's shirtless and perfectly fine.

One-shot only happens if he's hit, and he can one-shot Travis as well with his own weaponry. And the blitz only happens if he misses, which he realistically does have a chance to avoid, albeit a fairly small one. Quoting the stomp page: "A stomp thread is a VS thread where, for all intents and purposes, one of the characters is unreasonably outmatched by their opponent. Whether it is through a difference in statistics, abilities or even (in very rare cases) skill between the two parties, these matches are heavily one-sided and provide little to no challenge or danger for the winning character." and "Each combatant's in-character mindset and tactics do not necessarily qualify or disqualify a match from being a stomp, and should be evaluated on a case-by-case basis when determining whether or not a match falls under said category. Generally speaking however, if a character in a match has to perform or use techniques in ways they have never shown to do in order to possibly win, the chances of that match being a stomp are quite high."

No, sorry mate but you said that yourself.

It's like, absolutely not reactable, in any way.

There's not any chance Amon can react to that. Amon definitely can't one-shot Travis with his weaponry. He will eventually dodge something before random bullshit (You talked about that in the IR points). He has normal durability of 0.1 tons, it's not even that big of a gap. These weapons are great advantage, but not only they kick in like 30 seconds into the fight, they also do not one-shot the likes of Kiryu, only the drones that I asked Shmoopy to remove. The light-sabers from what you say can one shot him and phase throug his own because Amon's are made out of sheer energy and Travis' have some blade, and you mentioned some light-saber scaling chain to prove Travis can one-shot Amon. I don't see any win condition for Amon if Travis just needs a single dodge from a Heat-less Amon to blitz and one shot him.

It's not reactable once it's activated I meant, and it is true. But yes, Travis will dodge something and then win in the great majority of cases, I do believe that. The win condition is just playing defensively and only going for surefire counterattacks, that way he'd have a decent chance of winning, albeit not a favorable one.

You can add the drones back in if you want, though.

Nah I still can't see Amon winning, sorry. I'm not desparate for a stomp, but I can't think of anything Amon could do. Travis can even NORMALLY one-shot him with the light-sabers from what you're saying. Going on defense is out of question if Amon gets slashed in half by a single attack. He can't dodge eternally either, Amon is the offensive type and will attack, if he attacks then it becomes even more difficult with the dodge and blitz. If Amon could one-shot Travis, I would definitely see a win-con for him, but the difference is only bit above 1.1 times.

One thing, the lightsaber Travis uses in this fight is pure energy as well, it just also has physical effects, not just heat. But it could definitely clash with Jo's, I think.

Unfortunately I have to mention that Amon doesn't immediately use the lightsabers either. Like we see in the fight. He starts barehanded.

Maybe that'd change if he saw someone using a lightsaber as well? I mean, he knows how they work, more or less.

Ok then, but you said something about Lifting Strength update. Travis can overpower him in the clash and still one-shot him.

Not really. They'll both be Class 5, and Yakuza's Class 5 feat is about twice as high.

Yeah, but Jo still has a decent chance to hit and wound him instead. Your argument was that Travis can one-shot him, but now they can both one-shot the other, with the difference that Travis has an extra means to do so. No offense, but this isn't a stomp, only a fairly decisive victory.

Travis doesn't resist heat or anything, at least not to this degree. If Jo gets a good blow with his lightsaber, he can totally chop something off- maybe not quite a one-shot, but no matter his immortality, Travis can't fight very well with a leg or his sword arm chopped off.

That might be my fault, I should have made that clearer. Either way, I obviously vote Travis too.

Don't think about it. I'm just super disappointed that it turned out to be a bad and not-fun match, despite it seeming fine at first glance. I guess I won't get good Yakuza matches anymore :p

You could put them up against someone else from NMH1. Travis is the only one with Dark Step, but they all have cool and interesting powersets. I also have a couple other 9-As, it's my favorite tier.

Well, do what you think is right. You can inform me once something's made. I can just recommend other Yakuza protagonists.

This fight is prolly not even possible anymore, Travis hit 8-C.

Yeah, ain't doable anymore. Shame, cause I just realized it would have been pretty thematic to have Travis take on Kiryu since he's heavily associated with tigers

I just realized it would have been pretty thematic to have Travis take on Kiryu since he's heavily associated with tigers

Saejima/Shimano have the tiger tattoo, not Kiryu

The difference in AP is right now 5 times, but it makes every argument here invalid so.

Oh I know, but there's the whole thing about tiger vs dragon, which is emphasized in both yakuza and nmh2

You could bloodlust Jo ig, but eh

Back