• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact AKM sama if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this successes and I'm not going to speak that much

In the newest VR update it was confirmed that Malhare is William https://freddy-fazbears-pizza.fandom.com/wiki/Five_Nights_at_Freddy's:_Help_Wanted_(Mobile)

Matpat appears to agree with me although I don't fully agree with the theory

People on the fellow Mobile Fandom Villains wiki plan on merging the pages

Here is what needs to be done: Glitchtrap needs to be converted into a key on William's page, we should make a C-Virus key for William at some point, and we should have a photo for incomplete Malhare

Here's something minor but should be dealt with in this thread because. The Springtrap page should be named William Afton due to that being the more used name in the games.

I think the Springtrap page should be renamed.

Personally feel the Glitchtrap should stay as it’s own thing but be included as in the tab thing. This is mainly due to the fact Springtrap, if the AR is to believed, is still around and is currently a separate entity from GT.

I do 100% agree that Afton and Glitchtrap should be merged as keys. However, we do not take stuff from AR, it's canonicity is weird. More like FNaF World and the novels. So like those things, we could use them for lore, but they aren't exactly in the same continuity. This is why we separate AR via keys.

I was gonna make this a thread eventually, lol. But yeah, as I said, I am fine with merging them.

As for the name change, I am fine it. Since the credits for FNaF 6 uses the name "William Afton" instead of Scraptrap in the credits. Though typing Springtrap should also redirect you to Afton's profile.

Typing Glitchtrap should do the same if there is a merge. Also the tabber for abilities on the current ST profile seems a bit messy and somewhat confusing when trying to match abilities to keys on the bottom of the page.

It's fine for me. There's a reason why I put both Afton profiles together and specifically named the next one as UCN, because otherwise he'll have two UCN keys on the same row.

You could call me Dat, Weeb, or Blaze. Preferably I liked to be called Blaze (I should maybe change my name someday).

I think the Springtrap page should be renamed.

Personally feel the Glitchtrap should stay as it’s own thing but be included as in the tab thing. This is mainly due to the fact Springtrap, if the AR is to believed, is still around and is currently a separate entity from GT.
Yeah, I was joking about this the other day. William's gonna have like 20 keys by the end of the series lol.

I prefer the idea of leaving Glitchtrap as it's own profile for the time being but just have a tabber over to Springtrap, which should 100% be renamed to William Afton as mentioned, but would be 100% okay with it being added to the profile if the mass majority agrees so.
I do 100% agree that Afton and Glitchtrap should be merged as keys. However, we do not take stuff from AR, it's canonicity is weird. More like FNaF World and the novels. So like those things, we could use them for lore, but they aren't exactly in the same continuity. This is why we separate AR via keys.

I was gonna make this a thread eventually, lol. But yeah, as I said, I am fine with merging them.
FNaF AR has a lot of parallels to VR so I'm pretty sure they are the same world, but we'll see if Security Breach gives any info.

Also, the FNaF AR animatronics are separated mainly because they're a different group of animatronics from the originals (though there's still the question of whether or not the games are 100% real within the verse...)

Springtrap's skins are just a pain to understand because of that customer report email implying it's the real springtrap
A handful of our more hardcore users of the service have been reporting service calls from an animatronic that isn't appearing anywhere in our database. Some kind of a vintage Bonnie model. A couple of people have mentioned a really smell from it as well."

Yeah, I was joking about this the other day. William's gonna have like 20 keys by the end of the series lol.
Are you ready to give him 20+ 9-B keys?

For the AR stuff, it's just super messy fitting it in the continuity. But I mean either way I don't think it interrupts with the Glitchtrap arguments.

I am 100% prepared for him to have no less than 10 keys with the same abilities as well another 10 with actually unique abilities

What abilities does it even have? Like, we know it spreads quickly, but we don't know what problems it actually caused.

It seems to be the one making the animatronics go crazy and kill people, it's also digital and presumably sentient, and in a trailer took it a form similar to Malhare

Last edited:
By the way I think C-Virus may have some degree of Soul Hax due to the beginning of the game where the service freaks out and says it will take your soul

Okay, so I rewatched the tutorial. Didn't see any mention of taking the player's soul, but it seems like the virus may have created Shadow Bonnie.

[[Hacking]] (Quickly infected the Special Delivery system and all of their animatronics, Forced the player into the Eternal Package), [[Technology Manipulation]] (Corrupted the animatronics, causing them to try and kill the player, Caused the Animstealth technology to overreact and not turn off leading to haywires)

Starter_Pack

VS Battles
Sysop
Honestly, Headless and Robot972 makes quite a bit of sense when it comes to Glitchtrap to Springtrap. While the Game Theory video does prove without a doubt that Glitchtrap is Afton, that doesn't mean Glitchtrap is the same entity as Speingtrap. MatPat even makes reference to this, stating that it's a similar deal to the Horcruxes from Harry Potter. Meaning that while they are the same guy, they aren't the same character. So, Glitchtrap should stay its own profile, particularly since it may leak into the upcoming Vanny profile.

As for renaming the Springtrap profile, sure. We already have the novel version of the character as William Afton, and while Afton is Springtrap, Springtrap is not necessarily his whole character. So I would be fine with the change.

There's also the fact that there are multiple versions of his virus self (since we know of two instances and there's likely more), further emphasizing this whole idea of them being like horcruxes.

We didn't say they were different characters. We said they're different entities.

But I vote for leaving Glitchtrap separate considering he'll likely be added to Vanny's page once that game's out, so we'll just be linking two profiles with the exact same key for the exact same entity.

Exactly what happens in game. Glitchtrap wants to possess a bitch (which he does, twice, nearly three times, I might add) for some unknown goal (though likely just killing more people as we see in Security Breach)

Starter_Pack

VS Battles
Sysop
Okay. Let's apply the logic of the theory to this. At one point, there was no Glitchtrap and there was not Springtrap. Only William Afton, running around killing kids and screwing with remnant and whatnot. But then he got skewered by the Spring Bonnie suit, as shown in the mini games of FNAF 3, which caused Afton to become Springtrap. However, the trauma of this event also managed to cause a part of his soul to latch to the motherboard for the Spring Bonnie suit, which was later removed and implemented into the Help Wanted VR game, which became Glitchtrap.

So while the two are technically the exact same character, there are in fact two of them existing at the same time in this universe. There's the physical Afton, which is Springtrap and Scraptrap and all that, and then there's the digital Afton, which is Glitchtrap and possibly Vanny upon the release of Security Breach. Same character at their core, but two separate entities entirely. Using that logic, the fact that they both say the same thing of "I always come back" isn't too farfetched here.

That's not the current theory, William Afton went into the suit, at the Simulator location got all burnt and became the man, the man had some bad dreams making the gameplay of UCN and later exploded and some of his soul latched onto a board that got scanned for some services and a VR game allowing him to exist in multiple places at the same time.

Starter_Pack

VS Battles
Sysop
...What? I don't know what theories you've been listening to, but that's incredibly wrong. If we're to believe the theory MatPat put forward, than the entity known as Glitchtrap has existed since well back in the time of FNAF 3, and only recently was put into the modern software of Help Wanted to start screwing with Vanny. And since FNAF 3 obviously takes place before FFPS, that means his soul didn't just explode and latch onto any nearby circuit boards to become the Glitchtrap we know when he burned at the end of the game.

They are two entities, and thus, two characters for our indexing purposes. End of story.

Starter_Pack

VS Battles
Sysop
So, you are filling in the gaps of what he said with assumptions. That's literally putting words in his mouth, filling it with your own headcanon.

In the new video, Matpat brings up Glitchtrap saying "I always come back. Let me out.", states that this confirms Glitchtrap is William, brings up that the Atari-style games are likely the fictional games used as a cover-up, and states that the purple glitch bunny is glitchtrap.

"The last minigame that you have to play in FNaF 3 features a glitched-out bunny hopping between the various minigames. THIS is the first appearance of Glitchtrap. It's Afton's spirit trapped inside the circuit boards of these retro games looking for an escape."

He then states that we don't know how or when William got his soul trapped in the circuit boards, states that it likely happened independently from when he got springlocked as the people coding the games wouldn't just ignore the corpse inside while rummaging for parts, and then suggests that his soul was split previously to his being murdered, leading to it being in multiple devices at a later time.

There is no other information provided. So the court has found you guilty of all crimes.

Last edited:

Starter_Pack

VS Battles
Sysop
Oh, so now you're blatantly ignoring the information that you yourself put out as justification for your proposal, just because it doesn't align with your own headcanon about Glitchtrap.

See, that there is only hurting your case to make Glitchtrap a William Afton key. Unless you can prove definitively that Glitchtrap was a result of the events of FFPS, then there is nothing more to say here.

Regarding the part about renaming Springy's profile to William Afton, it seems good enough and reasonable since it is his actual name while Springtrap and Scraptrap are more akin to nicknames.

As regarding what is going on currently here, I agree with Starter_Pack.

I'm going to copy and paste why Villains wiki decided why Will and Malhare are the same characters "It is clear that Glitchtrap is somewhat related to William Afton/Springtrap, being the digital manifestation of him or his soul due to his mannerisms and how he tries to lure the player.
  • This is even further supported when Glitchtrap (presumably) stuffs the player into a Freddy Fazbear suit.
    • That being said, it is unclear whether Glitchtrap is a resurrected William Afton, or a copy created by scanning the chips.
      • Seeing as the theory that he's a copy has no proof, it can be assumed he's a ressurected Afton, although that isn't confirmed.
  • While it is still far too early to say for sure, the Five Nights at Freddy's: Fazbear Frights anthology novel series appears to point to him truly being William. These books feature an animatronic called the Stitchwraith, which is possessed by two children called Jake and Andrew. Andrew's recollection of how he ended up inside of the Stitchwraith begins remarkably similar to how the Vengeful Spirit tortured the player character in Ultimate Custom Night. He remembers abandoning that and passing through various objects afterwards, but Jake believes something malevolent may have followed Andrew as he did so. This could explain how Afton managed to escape his punishment and eventually end up in the Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience.
  • The Princess Quest minigame heavily implies that Glitchtrap is his soul as he announces he always comes back."
"Strangely, Glitchtrap possess purple eyes, similar to Michael in the end of Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location. However, according to the model of Adventure Spring Bonnie from FNaF World, Spring Bonnie originally had green eyes. This may be to connect him to William Afton."

"One of the e-mails in FNaF AR implies Glitchtrap knows about blood-eagle torture. This may be more proof for him being the real William, as it's unlikely a pretty young AI would know about blood-eagle torture, while William had a lot of time to learn about it."

Starter_Pack

VS Battles
Sysop
...Okay? And? Like Kramer said, and as we have been saying this entire time, there are two different William Aftons in FNAF.

Just because they are canonically the same character, doesn't mean they are the same entity. As has been stated countless times, there is the physical version of the character, Springtrap/Scraptrap, and there is the digital version, Glitchtrap. They both exist at once, and should be indexed individually.

Explain how they're two different William Aftons then

It's called a character page, not a entity page and I've already debunked them being different beings.

You have already been debunked months ago
Wasn’t Game Theory’s theory that William Afton split his soul into different things? Such as Springtrap being part of his soul stuck in the Springtrap suit, Glitchtrap being part of his soul stuck into a computer?

Doesn’t that kind of prove that they’re different entities now? If you’re basing your entire thing on a continuous game theory theory, then shouldn’t you at least acknowledge the later theories which continue off of these?

Jesus Christ, why are we still arguing over them being separate entities. You haven't debunked shit. You've literally already agreed with the fact that there are multiple entities, but are still being stubborn.

Entity: noun: something that exists apart from other things, having its own independent existence

By splitting his soul across multiple objects, William Afton has created multiple ENTITIES that possess his spirit and being. They are all still the same PERSON (William Afton), but function independently from each other, even if their goals are likely the same or mostly similar.

Starter_Pack

VS Battles
Sysop
Thank you for the reminder. Since it seems the majority of everyone is agreed that combining the pages is bunk, I shall rename the Springtrap page and request this thread to be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.