• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The new MvC looks great (Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see we're getting X-Men and it's not just MCU this time. Wonder who else makes it besides Phoenix. Also, is something different about Morrigan?

Rules:
Morrigan is in her Post-Lilith merge key
Jean starts in base but has access to Dark Phoenix
Starting distance is 2 meters
Battle takes place in the Danger Room
Win by any means necessary

You need to strip off those prosaic morals: Lonkitt, MaidRips, Reploidnoridomix, Isaiah_ZaMangaka, SamanPatou, Darkwolf335, Marvel_Champion_07 (7)
Are you sure you're not with the Hellfire Club?:
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Morrigan could resist her mindhax through her resistance to the Darkstalker aura, however, I don't think the same could not be said for Jean herself, as she doesn't possess any mindhax protection at all.

Morrigan could resist her mindhax through her resistance to the Darkstalker aura, however, I don't think the same could not be said for Jean herself, as she doesn't possess any mindhax protection at all.
That being said, driving Phoenix mad isn't a great idea. That'll just lead her into becoming the Dark Phoenix

Though I should note Jean's mindhax here is different from Darkstalker's mind stuff. Jean's telepathy is so strong that she's essentially making others believe the thoughts she's slipping in are that person's own. Morrigan doesn't resist that AFAIK

That being said, driving Phoenix mad isn't a great idea. That'll just lead her into becoming the Dark Phoenix
True, but it also gives Morrigan an advantage of her own. She's a crafty and trickery-based opponent with attacks that can potentially one-shot. The Kiss of Death in particular. A trickster succubus against an out-of-control host sounds like an easy thing for her to work around. And it's not like she hasn't dealt with such threats in the past.

Though I should note Jean's mindhax here is different from Darkstalker's mind stuff. Jean's telepathy is so strong that she's essentially making others believe the thoughts she's slipping in are that person's own. Morrigan doesn't resist that AFAIK
She does also have hypno-eyes as well to some degree that work via contact in the span of a sentence as well. If Morrigan's passive aura can make Jean lose her marbles and make her open with straight destruction rather than telepathy as Dark Phoenix, she can work her magic.

I don't think her hypno-eyes will be as effective as her passive aura, but her passive aura, while undoubtedly leading to Dark Phoenix coming out, still shouldn't be something Morrigan can't deal with. I think paired with X-Factor, the speed advantage may become more troublesome, but Morri has some more unpredictable and tricky counters that I think will let her come out on top

Also note that I think Phoenix can only make herself faster than Morrigan, not stronger. Due to Pyron, Morrigan's certainly over baseline 3-C

I don't think her hypno-eyes will be as effective as her passive aura, but her passive aura, while undoubtedly leading to Dark Phoenix coming out, still shouldn't be something Morrigan can't deal with. I think paired with X-Factor, the speed advantage may become more troublesome, but Morri has some more unpredictable and tricky counters that I think will let her come out on top
Also worth noting that she scales to Pyron, who controls an orbital path twice as large as the Milky Way while Jean has destroyed galaxies, assuming that she did so just one at a time. She should be twice as strong.

So Phoenix's strongest wincon would likely be mindhax or sleep hax, which given how Jean is, isn't out of character, but I think its more likely that the Darkstalker aura drives her insane. Then Dark Phoenix comes out, which paired with X-Factor, mean's she'll have a speed advantage to challenge Morrigan with. Ultimately though, Morrigan's craftiness, AP advantage, and multiple wincons via her abilities should let her take this

Voting Morrigan Aensland

MvC Jean stomps MvC Morrigan

616 Jean stomps Canon Morrigan

The only way to make their fight be fair was to blend it seems

I guess it comes down to Jean has some higher expectations as the 3-C of the verse, meaning she's got some harsher opponents to deal with on the wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back