• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Phoenix (Marvel vs. Capcom) VS Thanos (Marvel Future Fight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a few abilities are missing from Thanos and some might need to be changed, but it's probably nothing super major unless you use one of the older uniforms
Probably an obvious question, but will Thanos have all of his abilities from Infinity to Obsidian King?
SBA assumes strongest version, so probably yes

Though Thanos actually has a Wise Harvester uniform now, which needs to be added

There's a few abilities missing from Thanos and some I think need to be changed, but it's probably nothing super major unless you use one of the older uniforms

SBA assumes strongest version, so probably yes

Though Thanos actually has a Wise Harvester uniform now, which needs to be added
Ahhh i see

It's 1am for me so imma come back to this tommorow, I'm liking this idea so far

Alrighty, coming back to this, here's my thoughts:

Win Cons for Thanos:
  • Thanos could probably incapacitate Jean with his Fear Manipulation, which she can't resist
  • He can remove his opponents' buffs, meaning if Jean were to try using X-Factor, Thanos could literally negate it (that is CRAZY). Not only that, but he has Statistics Amplification and Healing as well. So while he's debuffing Jean, he'll be getting stronger and heal himself from injuries at the same time.
  • He resists Fire Manipulation and Mind Manipulation by 50% so none of Jean's fire-based or thought manipulation abilities will work here. Not only that, but he can become invulnerable with a few skills.
Mind you, this is all from his Infinity Tab on the Powers & Abilities section. If we add in everything else up to Obsidian King, we're looking at a massive hax advantage.

Win Cons for Jean:
  • Seeing Thanos doesn't have resistance to Sleep Manipulation, Jean could potentially just put him into slumber. Then again, it seems this Sleep Manipulation ties to her Mind Manipulation, so he might be able to resist.
  • Jean can resurrect herself, I'm not sure if she can do this infinitely, but it does seem advantageous given none of her mind or fire based abilities will work. They both have around the same level of stamina as well, so Jean could potentially wear him out.
Overall, Thanos has a lot of Win Cons compared to Jean, but she herself has a lot of game changers with her Sleep Manipulation and Resurrection.
My position at the moment is Inconclusive.

Win Cons for Thanos:
  • Thanos could probably incapacitate Jean with his Fear Manipulation, which she can't resist
  • He can remove his opponents' buffs, meaning if Jean were to try using X-Factor, Thanos could literally negate it (that is CRAZY). Not only that, but he has Statistics Amplification and Healing as well. So while he's debuffing Jean, he'll be getting stronger and heal himself from injuries at the same time.
  • He resists Fire Manipulation and Mind Manipulation by 50% so none of Jean's fire-based or thought manipulation abilities will work here. Not only that, but he can become invulnerable with a few skills.
Mind you, this is all from his Infinity Tab on the Powers & Abilities section. If we add in everything else up to Obsidian King, we're looking at a massive hax advantage.

Win Cons for Jean:
  • Seeing Thanos doesn't have resistance to Sleep Manipulation, Jean could potentially just put him into slumber. Then again, it seems this Sleep Manipulation ties to her Mind Manipulation, so he might be able to resist.
  • Jean can resurrect herself, I'm not sure if she can do this infinitely, but it does seem advantageous given none of her mind or fire based abilities will work. They both have around the same level of stamina as well, so Jean could potentially wear him out.
Overall, Thanos has a lot of Win Cons compared to Jean, but she herself has a lot of game changers with her Sleep Manipulation and Resurrection.
I agree. Incon FRA

One thing I'd like to say is that Thanos actually can only remove all buffs from AIW uniform to Obsidian King uniform (messed that up when making his profile, my bad). Wise Harvester uniform reverts to only removing active buffs, though I assume X-Factor still counts as one since she has to activate it and it isn't a passive buff

Last edited:
One thing I'd like to say is that Thanos actually can only remove all buffs from AIW uniform to Obsidian King uniform (messed that up when making his profile, my bad). Wise Harvester uniform reverts to only removing active buffs, though I assume X-Factor still counts as one since she has to activate it and it isn't a passive buff
I feel that it does not change the result because of your reason.

Win Cons for Thanos:

Win Cons for Jean:
Yeah, I’m gonna be voting Incon FRA
I agree. Incon FRA

Counted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back