• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SUPER-SKRULL (MvC) vs. PICCOLO

Story:
After defeating Galactus, Kl'rt manages to bring several alien civilizations to serve under the Skrull Empire. However, the Namekians valiantly refuse. Aggravated by the impudence of this alien race, Super-Skrull heads over to Planet Namek, seeking to rule them by force. Unluckily for him, Piccolo is there, ready to protect his people from yet another intergalactic threat.

HELPFUL INFO:
  • Piccolo's Frieza Saga Key will be used. Additionally, this will be Piccolo after fusing with Nail.
  • Super-Skrull scales above 1.65 Quettatons, and Piccolo scales above 4.9 Quettatons
RULES:
  • Speed is equalized.
  • Both fighters are in-character
VOTES:
  • Super-Skrull: Lonkitt, MaidRips, Marvel_Champion_07, Tonygameman, Reploidnoridomix, Mariogoods, Isaiah_ZaMangaka
  • Piccolo:
  • Inconclusive:

Last edited:
For a reminder of Super-Skrull’s scaling chain, he scales to Zero, who is well above the original Mega Man, who defeated Onslaught, who was stated to be superior to previous threats such including Thanos, who has sheer strength that “dwarfs” Galactus, which is where MvC’s High 5-A comes from

Also, this is a great matchup choice. Definitely following

For a reminder of Super-Skrull’s scaling chain, he scales to Zero, who is well above the original Mega Man, who defeated Onslaught, who was stated to be superior to previous threats such including Thanos, who has sheer strength that “dwarfs” Galactus, which is where MvC’s High 5-A comes from

Also, this is a great matchup choice. Definitely following
so for anybody unfamiliar with the MvC scaling:

Galactus (1.65 Quettatons) < Thanos < Onslaught ≈ Mega Man < Zero = Super-Skrull

The way I see it, Super-Skrull's not gonna have any trouble combat wise. He views a guy like Ryu's skill as "nothing" compared to his own combat prowess, and this is a guy considered greater than Taskmaster in skill. As you can see from both pages, thats pretty damn impressive. On one hand, Taskmaster's an incredibly skilled mercenary who can perfectly replicate the moves/fighting techniques of others just by looking at them, regardless of their complexity. On the other hand, you have Ryu, who is seen as more skilled than Taskmaster, earned great recognition from martial artists in the Capcom Universe for his victory in the World Warrior tournament back in his early stages creates new techniques through extensive yet very simple training, and defeated a nearly 5000 year old battle hardened mutant. To make a long story short, Super-Skrull is superior to them in skill, so I don't see Piccolo beating him through sheer fighting finesse in this scenario

The question to me is if Piccolo's strength and abilities will be able to grant him the win here. I don't think sealing's going to be an option. Like, it could be a wincon, but I legit can't imagine it realistically being put to use in this battle. His regeneration and tendency to feign vulnerable could potentially come in handy, as he's shown he's willing to use that if it gives him a considerable advantage. His ranged options can cover a lot more ground too. I think Super-Skrull's flight, forcefield creation, and invisibility would be able to get around that. Still, its an advantage Piccolo has. I don't think him turning giant is as much of a perk here as it would in other fights. Super-Skrull's literally capable of defeating Galactus, the same dude who destroyed his home world. Giant people aren't new to him. Ki sensing could be a way around some of the advantages invisibility provide though. If he tries to go for a barrage of homing attacks, only for Kl'rt to vanish, he's still gonna sense his energy. I could see that coming in handy. Plus, Namekians do have enhanced senses

I feel like Super-Skrull ends up taking this for a few reasons, aside from his combat intelligence. One is that he's capable of hypnotism, which while he may not be whipping out right as the fight starts, is something Piccolo can't resist. Secondly is that Super-Skrull can give himself the speed advantage with X-Factor (while also granting passive healing). Thirdy is that while invisibility could be countered by Ki sensing, his forcefields wouldn't be hindered, which would be very helpful in letting him avoid Ki danmaku. Fourthly is that I favour Super-Skrull's elasticity over Piccolo's. Kl'rt's not only a lot more fluid and creative with his usage of it, but has the benefit of being able to blend it with his rock-based and fire-based abilities, giving it additional perks

Because Piccolo is an experienced fighter, I think he'd be able to recognize that Kl'rt does have some noteworthy prowess early into the fight. Though given his analytical capabilities are still limited compared to somebody like Taskmaster or Goku, I'd say he wouldn't be able to counter as much to give him a hard counter to the advantages pinned against him

Voting Super-Skrull

Unweighted Piccolo > 2nd Form Frieza, who has double the Power level of his 1st form, which is casually doing 4.9 Quettatons
Ahhhh interesting, so 1.65+ Quettatons (Super-Skrull) vs. around 6.9 Quettatons (Piccolo)

That's approximately a difference of around 5.25, but I still think Kl'rt would be able to win this with skill and just better use of abilities

Yeah, the AP difference isn’t enough to where Super-Skrull can’t win. Plus, he does have a sizeable LS advantage

Wait, isn't Special Beam Cannon gonna nearly murder Skrull in one shot?
No? Also, its not as if Super-Skrull's gonna stand still and let Piccolo hit him. Besides that needs to be charged and Super-Skrull can become faster than Piccolo so hitting him with that's gonna be much much harder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back