• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The New Dragon Quest Thread

Does Dragonic Aura and Touki have a known multiplier or are they unquantifiable power boosts?
I don't think so.
Has anyone thought about the Kiganou Vearn explosion that happens when he dies? Dai was right there.
Yeah, Tier 4 is the hard cap for DnD since Vearn states he is incapable of creating a star as it's beyond his power, and he's even more powerful than the three gods combined so Tier 4 is a hard no.

Is there any other multiplier besides Avan Strash Cross?
Could you give me sources on those three gods statements and Vearn.

Here's the sun statement: https://************/manga/dragon-quest-dai-no-daibouken/chapter/23-208#page-14

Here's the Vearn surpasses the gods statement: https://************/manga/dragon-quest-dai-no-daibouken/chapter/24-217#page-9

If the gods were capable of defeating Vearn, they would have slain him by now, but it seems he's greater than their combined powers.

Here's the sun statement: https://************/manga/dragon-quest-dai-no-daibouken/chapter/23-208#page-14

Here's the Vearn surpasses the gods statement: https://************/manga/dragon-quest-dai-no-daibouken/chapter/24-217#page-9

If the gods were capable of defeating Vearn, they would have slain him by now, but it seems he's greater than their combined powers.
I meant them creating the earth. Also gods in general you could just interpret as them not getting involved in mortal affairs.

I was thinking, what if we could use anime versions of certain feats as they come out? Baran blowing up Alkeed is nonsensically larger than what the manga gives us an idea of.

We can only use secondary sources like adaptations if they don’t contradict the original.
So if it’s a situation where you don’t see the full scope or maximum size of the explosion in the manga but do in the anime, you can use the anime version. But if it’s just the anime having a bigger explosion, then you can’t use it.

I couldn't find the statements yet, sorry Ab.

And like Blah said, we can only use the anime for unknown timeframes or to show a full feat if the manga doesn't.

We can only use secondary sources like adaptations if they don’t contradict the original.
So if it’s a situation where you don’t see the full scope or maximum size of the explosion in the manga but do in the anime, you can use the anime version. But if it’s just the anime having a bigger explosion, then you can’t use it.
You don't know the size of the explosion in the manga either, you just see what looks like a mushroom cloud in the background, the explosion being off screen. I say "bigger" because I'm just assuming the mushroom cloud is the same size as the country. I also think it's possible the Baran sacrifice feat could involve sending entire mountains into space as chunks fall from the sky later, but I'm not sure about that yet. I think there's details we're not getting here.

I'm wondering if the black cores are actually much more potent than their own AoE would seem, them being held off was sending quakes powerful enough to cause incredibly large splits in the ground on the field of death (an incredibly high magnitude) when Vearn's prime body magic was used to detonate it, before we even really saw it explode. Said quakes were happening on the surface while the source of what was making them was at THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN mind you. Also the explosion reached into the stratosphere, I don't know how tall it's agreed that a worldwide planet surface destroying explosion would be, but that has to count for something, I imagine they may not have imagined it that all.
By the way, as of the new manga releases, they've been rebranding parts of the series into "sagas".
Volume 1-5 (Beginning up to the end of Flazzard): Disciples of Avan Saga
Volume 6-10: (Baran up to the end of Kiganjou): Dragon Knights Saga
Volume 11-15 (Post-Kiganjou up to the end of the Field of Death) Field of Death Saga.
They're still doing volume releases as of now, so they haven't named the next two sagas (I heard it'll go up to 25 volumes).
Also I still feel there may be a way to bump past High 6-A.

Last edited:
Found the creating the world statement by the way.
0082-011.png

New anime repeats so as well with the dragon crystal saying the same thing, by the same three gods, it also hypes up the Dragon Knights power WAY more.

NO ONE knows more about this series than I do. I could probably remember more about it than Riku ****** Sanjo himself. I WILL find a way to bump it past High 6-A. I worship the very ground this series walks upon and the air people share with it.

Guys and @DarkDragonMedeus. You're going to love some stuff Square Enix revealed recently on a 35th anniversary stream.

Last edited:
Hell yes duuuuuude!!!

I hope the new remake for III, and potentially I and II include all previous content from previous versions and new content that could better tie in with the other games (or maybe new hax).

I hope DQ X offline can one day be brought worldwide cause iirc that is literally what they said would be the only way they would bring it to the west.

I really do hope that DQ XII does live up to the hype as it sounds dope as hell. Hopefully the story will be great!

The Erik treasure hunting game sounds like it's gonna be real fun and I'm all for it.

But above all else...please give us more feats in general and hax.

Ok back to those profiles

Ragin’contagin might be tier 6 or something as the hero didn’t actually kill him he only distracted him until The Dr. fixed the seal He also was created to keep King Godfrey sealed away so he could theoretically scale to him but that’s a stretch

also shouldn’t the DQ9 hero along with others have non physical interaction and incorporeal interaction?

How strong are metal slimes?Not even the post game hero can deal anymore than 2 damage to them with a single attack.

Ok back to those profiles

Ragin’contagin might be tier 6 or something as the hero didn’t actually kill him he only distracted him until The Dr. fixed the seal He also was created to keep King Godfrey sealed away so he could theoretically scale to him but that’s a stretch

also shouldn’t the DQ9 hero along with others have non physical interaction and incorporeal interaction?

How strong are metal slimes?Not even the post game hero can deal anymore than 2 damage to them with a single attack.
They have 999 defense which is why they take so little. Certain moves ignore defense so you can easily hit them for higher damage.

I’d consider metal slimes’ durability to be mostly game mechanics. Unless there’s specific dialogue amongst the main cast or comparable individuals talking about their durability later on, they should just be far higher than the hero at whatever point in the story they appear.

And wouldn’t that logic mean
Metal Slimes<Gem Slimes?

the gem slime entry states
“They await adventurers with a graceful grin, then maul them with Magic Burst. Immune to all magic.”

Last edited:
Edited Popp a bit, Ant changed the name too

Sooo, I've been working on this. Hope it's useful:

Essentially are notes on feats, abilities and all that chapter by chapter for the manga. I've gone up to chapter 84 so far.

Unrelated, been playing Dragon Quest XI... boy, can't remember the last time I had so much fun with a game. Kinda odd to say, but love how it really feels like an adventure? Honestly, I enjoy the little stops and minor events of the journey, like helping Faris shape up into a true ruler, getting the medicine for the kid in Gondolia, helping Michelle reunite with her beloved, and my favorite the tourney and mystery around Vince and the disappearances. When the plot caught up I was like "awww I wanna keep adventuring with my pals" XP

Still gonna wreck's Mordegon's ass in due time. Right now busy forming Sylvando's merry band.

Holy shit that Sandbox is godly, you are amazing at analysing chapters!

We just need people to calc more feats.

DQ XI really is such an amazing gem to be honest, and underrated as well (at least outside of the fanbase).

Holy shit that Sandbox is godly, you are amazing at analysing chapters!

We just need people to calc more feats.
Thanks, dude. I think that with this we can actually start piecing profiles together for the early parts of the story. Even if we don't have calcs, we can draft something in the meantime in a sandbox.

I have prototype profiles for the characters in one of my sandboxes, I can add the abilities you find onto there if need be.

Back