• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The New Dragon Quest Thread

Sup guy's, we're in the new forum now and Dai is about to be released on saturday which is pretty hype, so now we can talk without restraint.

Dai feats

='''AP Feats'''=

=Tier 6 and possibly 5=

-The Gods created Makai, the surface, and Tenkai (Varies between High 6-A all the way to 5-B). This would scale to Old Vearn and anyone comparable to him (This matters as Old Vearn is stated to be stronger than the three gods combined by Mother Dragon).

-A single Black Core Bomb can destroy the entire surface (183.24 Petatons or higher). Scales to Old Vearn and those comparable to him since his magic is strong enough to block the full power of one BCB.

-The Black Core that destroyed the Field of Death: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U..._Quest:_Dai_no_Daibouken:_Country_Destruction (High 6-A). Scales to Ryuumajin Baran and those comparable to him.

-Baran destroying a country in a single attack: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U..._Quest:_Dai_no_Daibouken:_Country_Destruction (6-A). Scales to Dragon Crest Baran and those comparable to him.

-Baran tanking a Black Core that destroyed one of Makai's continents (High 6-B). Scales to Base Baran and those comparable to him.

-Post Baran fight Dai being stated by Pop to be able to shake the earth (Low 6-B).

-Avan's Megante: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Drite77/Dragon_Quest:_Island_feats (Low 6-B). Scales to Avan, BoS Dragon Crest Dai, Hadlar, and those comparable to them.

-Hadlar violently shaking Delmurin island: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Drite77/Dragon_Quest:_Island_feats (High 6-C).

-Prime Vearn shaking the earth, sea, and sky (Varies from 6-B all the way to High 6-A).

=Tier 7=

-Hyunkel's first Grand Cross (possibly tier 7, might be Tier 8)

-Flazzard causing a Volcano to erupt

-Pop being able to create storms with climatise (Low 7-B).

-Delurin or whatever his name causes a big crater https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ragon_Quest:_Dai_no_Daibouken:_Assorted_Feats (Low 7-C). Possibly scales to Beginning of Series Dai and Pop.

=Tier 8=

-Hyunkel's first Grand Cross (possibly tier 7, might be tier 8)

-Crocodine does big air slash that causes a crater https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...n/Dragon_Quest:_Dai_no_Daibouken:_Rock_Crater (8-C).

=Tier 9=

-Baron creates a crater: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ragon_Quest:_Dai_no_Daibouken:_Assorted_Feats (9-A). Possibly scales to Beginning of Series Dai and Pop.

-Dai cuts a boulder in half: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...in/Dragon_Quest:_Dai_no_Daibouken:_Rock_Feats (9-B). Supporting feat for Beginning of Series Dai and Pop.

='''Speed Feats'''=

=Sub-Relativistic to Relativistic+=

-Maam dodging Albinass's needle thousand. Would scale to god tiers and top tiers.

-Baran reacting to Albinass's needle thousand. Scales to Baran and those comparable to him.

=Massively Hypersonic+=

-Hyunkel throwing his spear to intercept lightning (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...agon_Quest:_Dai_no_Daibouken:_Lightning_Calcs). Scales to Demon Army Commanders Saga Hyunkel and mid to high tiers.

-Leona possibly dodging a bolt of lightning (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...agon_Quest:_Dai_no_Daibouken:_Lightning_Calcs). Scales to Leona.

-Dai throwing his sword to intercept Baran's Kazap (supporting feat).

=Subsonic=

-Dai dodges a crossbow bolt. Scales to Beginning of Series Dai and Pop.

=Superhuman=

-Dai cuts some rocks before they reach the ground (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ragon_Quest:_Dai_no_Daibouken:_Assorted_Feats). Supporting feat for Beginning of Series Dai and Pop.

='''Lifting Strength Feats'''=

-Block lifts a giant ship.

-Avan lifts a giant boulder (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...in/Dragon_Quest:_Dai_no_Daibouken:_Rock_Feats). Scales to Avan and those comparable to him.

Last edited:
So are my additions to Nok fine or...?

Also (roughly) how long will it take for the Dai profiles to get up and running?

Sorry if it seems I keep asking the same questions, I just need clarification.

Yeah I think the additions are fine, just wait for crt's to be allowed and bring a couple of scans, and it should be pretty clear cut.

Hmm they might take a little while as we still need to calc quite a few things. Like we're missing a potential speed feat calc, quite a few ap calcs, and a lifting strength calc if I remember well.

Last edited:
Had to reset password just to sign into this account here cause of the forum move, thought I had to make a new account.
Anyway, DAI TOMORROW HYPE

So I've been hanging out in this DQ discord server and one of the guy's in there brought up evidence that supports VII being likely part of the Erdrick Saga, which is crazy.

They can already fight God and someone who beat God in that game (Orgodemir).
Also how much gravitational force would be needed to replicate Pop's Betan he used against those dragons? I'm curious.

I wasn't talking about feats wise, I was talking about how lore wise that's pretty nuts.

Definitely in the hundreds of times of gravity.

I think the 2020 anime version of Baran blowing up Alkeed might be even greater than the manga, you can see the width of the country and the explosion outdoes it by several magnitudes in size.

It does seem to make the explosion more impressive than originally.

So I've ordered all five volumes of DQ Monsters+, and man it brings up lots of cool info to the Erdrick saga and DQ in general.

Here's some screenshots from the Dai perfect book I posted about ages ago. Contains something about Vearn's fortress ship, the final party and even a relationship chart.

Spoilers.

So in Monsters+ Volume 4 we are informed that the Human form is the apex of evolution in DQ and all monsters instinctively seek out said form and that it's also the reason why some of the strongest monsters seem very human like. One thing that needs to made clear is that it says human "form", not humans per say, so that's why there are many humans weaker than monsters.

Something else that's mentioned in Volume 3 is that the Wave of Evil in Monsters+ is similar to the Secret of Evolution, which if they're the same thing, then that would add Fusionism (the wave of evil causes evil synthesis, which is the fusion of monsters), and Corruption Type 3 (The wave of evil passively corrupts monsters) to those who can utilize the Secret of Evolution.

Also we're finally allowed to do crts, so if you want to make the crt now Axiom, now's the chace.

I will post the CRT tomorrow, I'm still "adjusting" to this new website tbh.

EDiT; I'm going to be very busy near the end of October, so I might as well as get the CRT over and done with (I hope it's presented right).

Last edited:
I can't take this, I need a ******* Dai no Daibouken sequel, I want to see Pop get his happy ending with Maam right now right now right now right now right now right now

I can't take this, I need a ******* Dai no Daibouken sequel, I want to see Pop get his happy ending with Maam right now right now right now right now right now right now
And show our Edgy Boi Hyunckel recovering and having a happy life as well and Dai back and dandy, because he is alive we all know that.

Finally got to watch the first two episodes of the new anime, and holy crap IT.IS.FIRE. The animation looks amazing (I mean dude, the speed behind Dai's Kawoosh and the sheer power behind his first Sizzle), Toei really put their heart into this, the new music may not be rearrangements of Koichi Sugiyama's beloved pieces but the new OST is excellent in its own right (I think it's by the same composer of My Hero Academia), the new actors completely nail their characters, and this is a personal thing but Takahiro Sakurai is absolutely perfect as Avan (the new series got some pretty impressive casts for minor characters, the fake heroes of the first episode had Hiro Shimono and Yoko Hikasa, even a one bit character like Varon had Tetsuya Kakihara, aka Simon the Digger, for him).

I guess my only nitpick is the first episode changing Dai catching to the fake heroes on a ship rather than crashing a celebration on the kingdom itself made the whole thing feel less grand (and one change the original anime that I really loved was that Dai instead of picking a sword from a random guard, he tried to fight the fake hero with his wooden sword, something the king noticed and noted how bold but how brave it was, with a line that was something like "A criminal? B... but that's only a wooden sword!"). However, it's made up by having Brass actually join the action and the encounter with the king, which was weird in the original to be lacking, but pretty good here.

Boyo... it's still a while for Maam and especially for Hyunckel to show up though.

And show our Edgy Boi Hyunckel recovering and having a happy life as well and Dai back and dandy, because he is alive we all know that.

Finally got to watch the first two episodes of the new anime, and holy crap IT.IS.FIRE. The animation looks amazing (I mean dude, the speed behind Dai's Kawoosh and the sheer power behind his first Sizzle), Toei really put their heart into this, the new music may not be rearrangements of Koichi Sugiyama's beloved pieces but the new OST is excellent in its own right (I think it's by the same composer of My Hero Academia), the new actors completely nail their characters, and this is a personal thing but Takahiro Sakurai is absolutely perfect as Avan (the new series got some pretty impressive casts for minor characters, the fake heroes of the first episode had Hiro Shimono and Yoko Hikasa, even a one bit character like Varon had Tetsuya Kakihara, aka Simon the Digger, for him).

I guess my only nitpick is the first episode changing Dai catching to the fake heroes on a ship rather than crashing a celebration on the kingdom itself made the whole thing feel less grand (and one change the original anime that I really loved was that Dai instead of picking a sword from a random guard, he tried to fight the fake hero with his wooden sword, something the king noticed and noted how bold but how brave it was, with a line that was something like "A criminal? B... but that's only a wooden sword!"). However, it's made up by having Brass actually join the action and the encounter with the king, which was weird in the original to be lacking, but pretty good here.

Boyo... it's still a while for Maam and especially for Hyunckel to show up though.
Excellent? There hasn't really been a single standout tune and it's all just orchestral background noise so far.
I think Hyunkel ought to retire from fighting and find other ways to still work for Papunika. It'd give him an arc to work with.

Lol, you think so? IMO standout pieces could be the one that played during the prologue section of the first episode or the one that plays when the Dragon Crest first appears in Dai's forehead against the Killer Machine.

Hyunckel was crippled by the end of the story IIRC. I agree it's enough combat for him, but it would be nice to see him healed enough to retake a normal life. Given his former position as a general and overall experience, he could easily be an strategist or advisor for the kingdom.

Lol, you think so? IMO standout pieces could be the one that played during the prologue section of the first episode or the one that plays when the Dragon Crest first appears in Dai's forehead against the Killer Machine.

Hyunckel was crippled by the end of the story IIRC. I agree it's enough combat for him, but it would be nice to see him healed enough to retake a normal life. Given his former position as a general and overall experience, he could easily be an strategist or advisor for the kingdom.
It works good enough as background, I do hope it gets better though. Hyunckel could be a good advisor, he already gets good results out of Pop for when he criticizes him.
Give me my ******* Makai Saga aaaaaaaaa

I think it has some potential. But does it really mean the three gods of the races that govern the world? Human, demon and dragon gods?

It involves them, but it also includes Old Vearn and everyone above him since he's stated to be superior to the gods which likely means all three of them since if all three of them combined were stronger than Vearn, then they would have struck him down a long time ago.

IIRC Vearn did mention that despite his overwhelming power, he was no match for the actual gods of the setting. I think it was when he first faced in person Dai, Pop and the rest

Vearn in that fight only states that no matter how powerful he becomes, he will never be able to create a sun, which is why the Dai verse's hard cap is 4-C. And in chapter 217 Mother Dragon, the envoy of the gods, flat out states that Old Vearn is stronger than the gods.

Amd for 5-B, there's no clear cut statement, it's more so based on an assumption. The gods created the Human World (The surface), Makai (The Demon World), and Heaven or whatever it was called. While Heaven is located in who knows where (probably it's own dimension), the human world and Makai are located on the same planet since Makai is located deep below underground. Since the gods created the surface and underground of the planet, you can possibly assume that they created the planet as a whole since it would be very weird if they just found a random rock/planet in space and just added shit on it. But since this is all based on assumptions, even if 5-B is accepted (which it likely won't), the characters that scale would only get a possibly or potentially 5-B instead of a solid rating.

Just for the lols since I really doubt it will be accepted, I made a super basic scaling chain for 5-B:

The Gods Individually= 19.8133333333 Zettatons (Low 5-B)

The Gods combined= 59.44 Zettatons (Baseline 5-B)

Old Vearn= >59.44 Zettatons (Stronger than the gods combined)

Double Crest Dai= >>59.44 Zettatons (Significantly stronger than Old Vearn)

Young Vearn= either 118.88 Zettatons (combines the power of his old body and original body, with his original body being stronger than his old body, so 2x) or <297.2 Zettatons (comparable, albeit weaker than double crest Dai's Avan Strash Cross, so 5x)

Ryuumajin Dai= >>Young Vearn (A fair bit stronger than Young Vearn)

Kiganou Vearn= =< Ryuumajin Dai (based off of feats he is either equal to or weaker than Ryuumajin Dai)

Ryuumajin Dai Avan Strash Cross= 594.4 Zettatons or 1.486 Yottatons with either end with Young Vearn.

Just for the lols since I really doubt it will be accepted, I made a super basic scaling chain for 5-B:

The Gods Individually= 19.8133333333 Zettatons (Low 5-B)

The Gods combined= 59.44 Zettatons (Baseline 5-B)

Old Vearn= >59.44 Zettatons (Stronger than the gods combined)

Double Crest Dai= >>59.44 Zettatons (Significantly stronger than Old Vearn)

Young Vearn= either 118.88 Zettatons (combines the power of his old body and original body, with his original body being stronger than his old body, so 2x) or <297.2 Zettatons (comparable, albeit weaker than double crest Dai's Avan Strash Cross, so 5x)

Ryuumajin Dai= >>Young Vearn (A fair bit stronger than Young Vearn)

Kiganou Vearn= =< Ryuumajin Dai (based off of feats he is either equal to or weaker than Ryuumajin Dai)

Ryuumajin Dai Avan Strash Cross= 594.4 Zettatons or 1.486 Yottatons with either end with Young Vearn.
I take it that Ryuumajin Dai just got stronger throughout the battle, remember the line about Pop being the only one to be able to draw out his true power and then there was Dai flashing back to a line by Pop and he just obliterates Kiganou Vearn's other arm?

Whelp Nok got his add-ons and is likely in the top 10 most broken 2-Cs on this site (that isn't a smurf and/or passive abuser).

Now to concentrate on getting the Dai stuff on board then afterwards we can fix the DQ (games) profiles.

Alright, the two most important feats that we need to calc are Hadlar shaking Delmurin island and Avan's Kamikazee.

Alright, the two most important feats that we need to calc are Hadlar shaking Delmurin island and Avan's Kamikazee.
If we can't get a number on Megante piercing those clouds and clearing the storm, it at the very least blew up that whole cave they were in.

Back