• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The New Dragon Quest Thread

And KAZING!

Truth be told I didn't realize I commented on a staff discussion thread until my second reply, so I wanted to get out of dodge before someone brought up the staff only card.

So essentially I agree with the immeasurable removal (even tho I feel like the immeasurable speed standards keep unnecessary having their goal posts moved).

The high and top tiers should be MHS while the god tiers (NoK and The G) should be MTFL+ scaling far above the DQ9 cast (main story canon feats) with DQ11 MTFL+ being supporting evidence rather than direct scaling (also I heard DQ builders had some interesting feats too).

Thoughts?

So guy's, how about we discuss speed since Immeasurable will go out the window?

First things first is who would scale to MFTL+ (the next best feats)? Like Axiom has brought up, Nokturnus would scale as he stands right there at the very top of the verse with only maybe a few characters scaling, as well as the Goddess via being superior to Celestria.

Lol ninja'd and I agree for the most, but I think you can argue that those that can fight Nokturnus without being absolutely stomped can maybe scale (DQ VI end game cast, DQ Heroes 1 boyos, and probably Monsters stuff as well as any other stuff I'm missing) since Nokturnus tends to be all impressed that you didn't immediately get squashed by him and even manage to beat him (technically).

Also completely unrelated, but I think the DQ IV cast in their introduction chapters can probably scale to Alena who can iirc react to crossbow shots (so Subsonic).

Tl;dr: Nok/The G will scale above Corvus and Celestria moreover those who can fight Nok or Corvus (without being squashed) will also scale to MFTL+ (I want this to be as clear cut as possible to avoid circular scaling).

Everyone else (end/post-game) will be MHS via scaling to lightning/Zap magic iirc.

Subsonic early game DQ IV seems pretty straightforward.

Actually, do you guy's wish to just discuss speed in general? Cause if so, I wouldn't quite mind.

Also a potential speed feat in DQ IV are Psaro's dark rays in Chapter 5, they reached from Nadiria (which is deep underground) all the way to Zenithia in seconds, so it travelled several kilometers in seconds.

Tl;dr: Nok/The G will scale above Corvus and Celestria moreover those who can fight Nok or Corvus (without being squashed) will also scale to MFTL+ (I want this to be as clear cut as possible to avoid circular scaling).

Everyone else (end/post-game) will be MHS via scaling to lightning/Zap magic iirc.

Subsonic early game DQ IV seems pretty straightforward.
Absolutely agree with this (unless there are better speed feats for each game), so every profile that has MFTL+ should reference Corvus so as to prevent circular scaling.

Right here:

From 29:28 to 29:31, so about 3 or so seconds and I think it could be fine to place Nadiria to below average ocean depth (3.7 Kilometers).

Whelp for the time being, all we can do is wait for the others to give their input until then I'm going look up some speed feats for those who don't scale to Nok (maybe a MHS+ or even a Rel one we missed), I'll be back later.

Hopefully this speed scaling can be done ASAP (here's to getting good results from Psaro's attack speed feat) so we can re-focus on the Dai profiles.

So far I've re-watched play-throughs of DQ 1 to 5 (while re-looking at cutscene's on my safe-file of DQ6).

I found two interesting speed feats however I don't think they'll be above MHS but I'll post them later for curiosity.

The first one here is the great sages shooting a beam of energy to destroy Mortamor's castle foundation (skip to 3:50).

Also I'm still getting used to having two DQ discussion threads.

That's an interesting feat, but i doubt it would be that great, probably Hypersonic at best (still worth calc'ing). What's the second feat?

This was supposed to be the new definitive discussion thread since the other was the old thread, but people started talking in the other for some reason.

The reason why we're discussing speed feats is cus Immeasurable is likely not eligible anymore by current standards and there's a chance that Immeasurable might even be scrapped.

Alright, just got DQ XI S on the PS4 and am gonna start posting any noticeable feats so spoilers.

The first feat is one that I don't know if it can be calc'ed, but when the Luminary casted Zap on the Cobblestone Tor, the rain clouds immediately stopped raining.

Beginning of Act 1 Luminary is fast enough to react to the bird that seemed to fly a distance of tens of meters in only a few seconds, so potentially a Subsonic feat here. Also Zap blitzes the bird which is faster than the Luminary, so at least beginning of Act 1 Luminary is definitely not MHS+ yet.

So after looking into monster bios, I found a way to scale the DQ XI cast to MFTL+.

Basically there's a monster called Hunkorvus ( https://dragonquest.fandom.com/wiki/Hunkorvus ) who's is stated to be imbued with the powers of a celestrian who despised both Divine amd Mortals alike. Based off of the name and description, is very likely referring to Corvus. So it's possible that he is as fast as Corvus as well, and since the cast beat him, they would in turn possibly scale.

Another thing is the possibility of more concrete evidence for 2-C DQ VIII. There is an enemy known as Hoopthorne who is said to inherent the powers of a lord of evil (obviously Rhapthorne [ https://dragonquest.fandom.com/wiki/Hoopthorne ]). In his description it states that each orb that surrounds him contains enough power to lay waste to an entire world which by itself is super vague, but when you combine it with Rhapthornes DQ IX description ( https://dragonquest.fandom.com/wiki/Rhapthorne [Some say his body is so big that is contains enough cursed power to contort the space-time continuum itself.]), it's entirely possible that it might be referring to entire Space-Time Continuums. There's four orbs, so four potential space-time continuums that could be destroyed, and since Hoopthorne is imbued with Rhapthornes powers, that means that Rhapthorne scales.

Sorry for not responding, but the only argument for 5-B Dai is whether the gods did or did not create the planet. The reason this can even possibly be assumed is that since they created the human world (the surface) and Makai (the deep underground), it's possible that they might have just simply created the planet. Story wise it would be weird if these great creators were to just go to a random planet and build stuff on top of it instead of creating a planet themselves. Of course them creating the planet requires concrete evidence so I can only imagine them getting a possibly or potentially rating instead of likely or a flat rating. Basically the evidence comes down to belief rather than hard cold facts.

Also, after giving it some thought, I don't think we can scale characters striking strength to their magic spells, because of the fact that one's magic attack power is separate from one's normal attack power in the stats, and in Dai special weapons (Pop and Vearns weapons) are crafted with the sole purpose of transferring magic power into physical power. So basically characters wouldn't scale to their spells unless there's proof that they do. This doesn't apply to Touki and Dragonic Aura though since one can enhance themselves with Touki and Dragonic Aura.

Sorry for not responding, but the only argument for 5-B Dai is whether the gods did or did not create the planet. The reason this can even possibly be assumed is that since they created the human world (the surface) and Makai (the deep underground), it's possible that they might have just simply created the planet. Story wise it would be weird if these great creators were to just go to a random planet and build stuff on top of it instead of creating a planet themselves. Of course them creating the planet requires concrete evidence so I can only imagine them getting a possibly or potentially rating instead of likely or a flat rating. Basically the evidence comes down to belief rather than hard cold facts.

Also, after giving it some thought, I don't think we can scale characters striking strength to their magic spells, because of the fact that one's magic attack power is separate from one's normal attack power in the stats, and in Dai special weapons (Pop and Vearns weapons) are crafted with the sole purpose of transferring magic power into physical power. So basically characters wouldn't scale to their spells unless there's proof that they do. This doesn't apply to Touki and Dragonic Aura though since one can enhance themselves with Touki and Dragonic Aura.
You mean with fists and feet right? Pop himself can already dish out an equivalent to that through his black rod which turns magic power into physical power.

Yeah I'm talking about physical blows, Vearns and Popp's black rod are exceptions as they explicitly transfer magical power to physical power. So if someone were to have a 6-B Kafrizz spell, they wouldn't automatically be able to punch or kick on those levels unless there's proof otherwise.

I got raws for the manga if anyone is interested.
qE1O5PO.jpg

I'm back and I thought top myself "Stop being lazy and go back to supporting Dai!" so I'm here and ready to help again!

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Mr.Cinos15/Sandbox30 I made a sandbox so that you all could catalogue any noteworthy ap, dura, speed, lifting strengths that you can find throughout Dai no Daibouken. I really will need everyone's help for this and I would really appreciate it! Once we're done with Dai we can go from game to game and hopefully revise the verse one day!

first question for you all, should we use the world map to calc Dermlin islands size, or should we use something on the island yo calc it's size? Cause if we go with the world map, then we end up with Dermlins mountain being several times bigger than Everest.

I'm back and I thought top myself "Stop being lazy and go back to supporting Dai!" so I'm here and ready to help again!

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Mr.Cinos15/Sandbox30 I made a sandbox so that you all could catalogue any noteworthy ap, dura, speed, lifting strengths that you can find throughout Dai no Daibouken. I really will need everyone's help for this and I would really appreciate it! Once we're done with Dai we can go from game to game and hopefully revise the verse one day!

first question for you all, should we use the world map to calc Dermlin islands size, or should we use something on the island yo calc it's size? Cause if we go with the world map, then we end up with Dermlins mountain being several times bigger than Everest.
Sorry I haven't been active with DQ (or other activities) lately, due to changes in my circumstances I've got less time than usual meaning I had to prioritized only a couple verses I was knowledgeable about and even then I was kinda half hearting it moreover I kinda got burned out with DQ when looking thorough different feats in various games (as well as checking the original JP version of those games too).

As for the Dai stuff, I would recommend calculating the actual island size since quite often the world map size can be unreliable (from previous experiences with similar franchises) also I dunno how helpful I can be since I dunno much about calcs plus I'm still dealing with stuff IRL but you've got my support if that still means anything.

That's perfectly fine, I understand if you want to take a break from the verse. Your needs come first and you have a life outside of the site, so you don't have to feel obligated to help or be active.

And thanks for your suggestion, I was thinking about that as well! Don't worry, as long as you discuss Dai stuff, then you're already been helpful!

Sorry I haven't been active with DQ (or other activities) lately, due to changes in my circumstances I've got less time than usual meaning I had to prioritized only a couple verses I was knowledgeable about and even then I was kinda half hearting it moreover I kinda got burned out with DQ when looking thorough different feats in various games (as well as checking the original JP version of those games too).

As for the Dai stuff, I would recommend calculating the actual island size since quite often the world map size can be unreliable (from previous experiences with similar franchises) also I dunno how helpful I can be since I dunno much about calcs plus I'm still dealing with stuff IRL but you've got my support if that still means anything.
I would say world map for like the whole world is fine, for Delmurin it might be a bit off though but otherwise I think it's fine.
That's perfectly fine, I understand if you want to take a break from the verse. Your needs come first and you have a life outside of the site, so you don't have to feel obligated to help or be active.

And thanks for your suggestion, I was thinking about that as well! Don't worry, as long as you discuss Dai stuff, then you're already been helpful!
I am now in a translation discord for the Avan prequel, would anyone like to join it? You don't need to work on it or anything since there's staff only channels for that, just discuss what you want. https://discord.gg/FZWSJ5dJ

Do you mean 6-A or High 6-A? For the first one, Baran's feat and the pillars are both High 6-A so there, but if you mean High 6-A, then the only thing I can imagine is if we make the 5-B assumption.

You could possibly scale folks to 5-C via multipliers and up-scaling (albeit the up-scaling might become significantly harder here depending on the results of a staff thread) and ofc you there's the above mentioned 5-B lore/statements about creating/threatening the world.

However the verse has a self imposed cap of low 4-C in terms of the highest it can reach in terms of AP.

Yeah, Tier 4 is the hard cap for DnD since Vearn states he is incapable of creating a star as it's beyond his power, and he's even more powerful than the three gods combined so Tier 4 is a hard no.

Is there any other multiplier besides Avan Strash Cross?

Back