• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Continuing the incredibly detailed convo from here but we're only talking about what the topic turned into, not the original topic.

Now, Cal. What do you think about FMA? Doesn't compete with Avatar at least?

Not salty just asking.

Yes. I love FMA. Like, if I didn't have so much enjoyment with YYH and didn't have such high hopes with Cowboy Bebop (as this plebe hasn't finished that classic yet), it would be #1 by the longest of long shots in my favorite anime.

About general animation. Like shows and stuff.

It's not limited to the quality of the animation... or the lack of it (cough Dressrosa OP and DBS cough cough).

Hey I got a question.

Just finished the Tenchi Muyo OVAs, what's the next Tenchi series I should start on?

ToP was a major improvement of the quality but before that during U6 saga and before it was lazy and poorly done.

The best animation quality I've ever seen would be:

1. Violet Evergarden

2. Heaven's Feel 1: Pressage Flower

3. Kara no Kyoukai

4. Kyoukai no Kanata

5. Hibike Eufonium

For the record, we're still not counting movies, right? Becaus in terms of best animation quality, it's essentially Disney vs Ghibli. It's best to keep this to the silver screen.

@Yobobojojo right but when even at first glance with no frame-by-frame looking you can noted it then the draws are bad. If the animation is robotic and poorly done with movements unlikely 'humanish' then you can say the animation is bad.

Actually AnimeAjay can explain this better than me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN4MkyfBNac

That's also something anime does better than western animation. The "sakuga moments" are better.

I call anime inspired things anime, even if it's a cartoon. Unpopular opinion but still. It can be Avatar or Boondocks.

I don't like CG in anime. Small things like swaying trees are fine, but not the whole thing. Makes it look ugly for some reason.

CG animation is fine really. Eg. Gantz, Final Fantasy: Advent Children.

Its only when animators implement CG while trying to keep the anime-ish artstyle that things get ugly.

By the way, are there any plot based cartoons that are going on right now? Like, not series that have overarching plots but are still episodic like Steven Universe or OK KO!, but actually continuous plots.

Imma be honest....most early 2000s(Up to 2012)/Late 90s Cartoons are the best for me. I just don't enjoy a whole bunch of the new stuff with some exceptions

Back