• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The most based DBZ What If fight ever conceived. (Nail vs Recoome) (0-1-7) (GRACE)

Nail decides to join Team Three Star and Recoome wins Rock Paper Scissors to fight him

Fight takes place where Vegeta fought Recoome

Both are 15 meters apart

Both scale to the same AP, Nail might have a slightly higher power level but Ultra Fighting Bomber for Recoome should probably scale a bit higher than his AP anyways

Salty Bet Champion :

YOU DO WORSE, YOU DA WORSE : 1

Goku (Mid) arrives : 7

Last edited:

The most based DBZ What If fight ever conceived. (Nail vs Recoome)​

e3b720ea91e24923193df1d7816e074b.jpg

Nail might have a slightly higher power level but Ultra Fighting Bomber for Recoome should probably scale a bit higher than his AP anyways
Cant Nail mitigate a single attack being higher via having wacky namekian stamina/regen.

Recoome is beneath 60K, (when Ginyu suggests this may be Goku's PL, Jeice replies Recoome never had a chance), but above 30K (he EASILY dominated Vegeta, who sat at 30K).

Nail is 42K.

This means that, relatively speaking, the OP is right and they should scale around the same level of power. That said, Nail has a distinct double edged sword quality that Recoome doesn't have. Nail can regenerate to remove damage, but regenerating costs significant energy, meaning his PL/Energy would lower and so would his ability to fight Recoome.

Recoome also has his Scouter, so he'd know exactly where Nail sits PL wise and know not to goof off like he did in canon, and Nail is a serious fighter who goes all out regardless, so their personalities are a non-factor. (Meaning Nail can't take advantage of Recoome's ego to cheapshot him, and Recoome can't take advantage of Nail's flaws, as he has none.)

The only other thing of note is that Nail has a melee range advantage in the form of his elascity, but it's ultimately meaningless due to how Ki can cover those gaps.

I'm gonna go with incon. They're similar levels of power and nothing points to them being more skilled or tactically inclined than the other. Nail's regen is a factor but I'm wondering how much he'd be willing to use it given the circumstances unless absolutely necessary; catastrophic injury.

I would say that Nail arguably takes this.

Even with Recoome being equal or higher to Nail, the latter is actually trained in Ki control and was considered to be one of the greatest Namekian warriors on the planet, to the point he was chosen to be Guru's protector. While we don't have an exact timeframe or resume when it comes Recoome or Nail's combat experience, Nail would likely be more combat experienced due to likely training with other members of his clan for the spot of Guru's protector, while Recoome would likely be more used to fighting opponents much weaker than him, given Vegeta also played a similar role prior to his betrayal and his power level was only 18000, though he likely did train with other Ginyu force members in his spare time.

Also, If anyone thinks that Ki sensing and Ki control don't matter, don't forget that Picollo's power level against Raditz was 322, 408 without his weighted clothing, while Raditz's power level was 1200, possibly higher. Despite that, Piccolo was able to increase his power level with his superior Ki control to the point where it could one shot Raditz (albiet needing Goku's help to restrain him).

With Nail and Recoome having roughly similar power levels, this would just be Picollo vs Raditz again except that Nail can solo Recoome.

Also based OP, this fight should have definetely happened.

Nail doesn't have the Special Beam Cannon.
The point wasn't that Nail has or doesn't have the Makankosappo, its that Piccolo was able to one shot Raditz (albiet with some help) despite the large gap in power, largely due to his better ki control and ability to increase his own power beyond his base power level.

Nail has superior ki control to Recoome, so given their roughly equal power, Nail would win with said better ki control and his ability to use much more of his power than Recoome can. Maybe if you read my earlier post properly you would realise that, instead of laching on to the insignificant fact that "oh Nail doesn't have the Makangofuckyourself"

Nail has superior ki control to Recoome, so given their roughly equal power, Nail would win with said better ki control and his ability to use much more of his power than Recoome can. Maybe if you read my earlier post properly you would realise that, instead of laching on to the insignificant fact that "oh Nail doesn't have the Makangofuckyourself"
Funny how you talk properly realizing things when you seemed to have missed point that Nullflowerblush was trying to make. The Ki Control that you're raving about has only been demonstrated while utilizing particular techniques as a focus for it. The Kamehamha, Special Beam Cannon, Kaio-Ken, Shin Kikoho, and Final Flash are all examples. Nail has never demonstrated anything like that, at least not I can recall.

Your post was basically an attempt to extrapolate why Nail should be able to demonstrate a particular skill that he has literally never shown applying. Unless you have a specific example...?

I'm leaning more Recoome. Nail's regen is too costly for more than one or two uses, and if used he'll be so nerfed it's impossible for him to win. The Recoome Eraser Gun can be used more than once, (if we go by most side canon material like games, this is what Recoome's ultimate move against Goku was going to be-A hyped up version of the Recoome Eraser Gun). And even if Nail can take out Recoome's scouter, that doesn't stop the split second moment Recoome gets a reading on him, which is all he needs. Most (if not all), Scouter breaks were due to cheap shots, a more powerful character taking out a weaker character's (meaning they couldn't defend), or due to it breaking from trying to catch a reading. Nail can suppress his Chi, but when he fought Frieza he powered up to max, (due to his nature as a warrior). His battle with Frieza is also the only time he interacts with a scouter, so his information on them (and why he should target them) is limited.

I do think telekinesis is a good advantage for Nail to have.

I'm leaning more Recoome. Nail's regen is too costly for more than one or two uses, and if used he'll be so nerfed it's impossible for him to win. The Recoome Eraser Gun can be used more than once, (if we go by most side canon material like games, this is what Recoome's ultimate move against Goku was going to be-A hyped up version of the Recoome Eraser Gun).
What about Nail dodging it
And even if Nail can take out Recoome's scouter, that doesn't stop the split second moment Recoome gets a reading on him, which is all he needs. Most (if not all), Scouter breaks were due to cheap shots, a more powerful character taking out a weaker character's (meaning they couldn't defend), or due to it breaking from trying to catch a reading. Nail can suppress his Chi, but when he fought Frieza he powered up to max, (due to his nature as a warrior). His battle with Frieza is also the only time he interacts with a scouter, so his information on them (and why he should target them) is limited.
I feel like there can be an arguement about Nail to know, but it does come from headcanon, that the namekians telepathically told each other about them.

What about Nail dodging it
While this is a possibility, I imagine it would be quite difficult for Nail to achieve. Gohan only was able to save Vegeta because Recoome was sandbagging and didn't expect interference (so the obviously throttled and unable to move Vegeta wouldn't have been able to), and Goku only caught Recoome because Goku is that much faster. Even if we assume Nail could evade in the beginning, Recoome was able to suffer massive damage throughout the entire conflict and was able to still fire the UREG, so I imagine he could just whittle Nail down and hit him with it then.
I feel like there can be an arguement about Nail to know, but it does come from headcanon, that the namekians telepathically told each other about them.
Yeah. And to be honest, if he DID know, he DIDN'T attempt it against Frieza, who he thought was vastly closer to his own level of power than he actually was. So I imagine that he wouldn't try anything regardless.

While this is a possibility, I imagine it would be quite difficult for Nail to achieve. Gohan only was able to save Vegeta because Recoome was sandbagging and didn't expect interference (so the obviously throttled and unable to move Vegeta wouldn't have been able to), and Goku only caught Recoome because Goku is that much faster. Even if we assume Nail could evade in the beginning, Recoome was able to suffer massive damage throughout the entire conflict and was able to still fire the UREG, so I imagine he could just whittle Nail down and hit him with it then.
This point could probably go either way here then
Yeah. And to be honest, if he DID know, he DIDN'T attempt it against Frieza, who he thought was vastly closer to his own level of power than he actually was. So I imagine that he wouldn't try anything regardless.
Then again Nail was trying to by time, and with Frieza being leagues above Nail, you can argue Frieza was just dodging and blocking anything that would break his scouter
Now on incon🔥

My main thing is Recoome just is that much more long lasting compared to Nail, who will be significantly crippled and probably unable to win if he even regenerates once or twice. That said, I fully think Incon is a valid option, and I might lean that way if there were more arguments.

I would say that Nail arguably takes this.

Even with Recoome being equal or higher to Nail, the latter is actually trained in Ki control and was considered to be one of the greatest Namekian warriors on the planet, to the point he was chosen to be Guru's protector. While we don't have an exact timeframe or resume when it comes Recoome or Nail's combat experience, Nail would likely be more combat experienced due to likely training with other members of his clan for the spot of Guru's protector, while Recoome would likely be more used to fighting opponents much weaker than him, given Vegeta also played a similar role prior to his betrayal and his power level was only 18000, though he likely did train with other Ginyu force members in his spare time.

Also, If anyone thinks that Ki sensing and Ki control don't matter, don't forget that Picollo's power level against Raditz was 322, 408 without his weighted clothing, while Raditz's power level was 1200, possibly higher. Despite that, Piccolo was able to increase his power level with his superior Ki control to the point where it could one shot Raditz (albiet needing Goku's help to restrain him).

With Nail and Recoome having roughly similar power levels, this would just be Picollo vs Raditz again except that Nail can solo Recoome.

Also based OP, this fight should have definetely happened.
DB multiverse has our backs.

Counted all the votes, it should be 0-1-3 right?

Well, it's a tough one. I mean one is a highly trained Namekian warrior who is Guru's designated bodyguard while the other was one of Frieza's highest-ranking soldiers at the time of the Namek arc.

In regards to ki control, it's iffy. Nail is capable of sensing ki and can gather certain information about people from their ki; however, offensively the best I've seen Nail do is reflexively fire off a generic energy wave at Frieza. Granted Nail does hold knowledge of Namekian fusion (a Namekian-exclusive technique that is technically more "perfect" than the Fusion Dance and the Potara Earrings), but still. Recoome is better suited offensively, having molded his ki and even his regular attacks into signature moves; however, Recoome shares the same weakness as the rest of Frieza's soldiers in that he is incapable of sensing ki and he takes scouter readings lightly, problems overcame by Vegeta and Captain Ginyu respectively.

Given all this, Nail has a better defensive game than Recoome's offensive game, although Recoome's offensive tactics are harder hitting than Nail's. Their battle strategies are a little harder to gauge, specifically Nail's since we only see him getting brutalized by Frieza. If I recall correctly, Recoome had a more brutish style of fighting as opposed to Krillin and Gohan but not unlike Vegeta back in the Saiyan arc.

As much as I'm inclined to vote in favor of Nail, the uncertainties in how Nail worked and the idea that Recoome's offenses are more likely to screw nail over than Nail's offenses would screw Recoome over, I think Inconclusive is the right path here.

Back