• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The MCU changes. Edit: Looks like we need to finalize some stuff and we need to do more work on the calcs

Newendigo said:
Pen@ I probably missed something (As always).

Why is important the size of the moon and titan? The feat is about a X character tanking X thing at X speed. Why would those matter in the latter formula?
Because the calc uses the distance between moon and titan to find the speed.

@Newendigo

Ang-sizing for distance requires the size of the object that you are ang-sizing. Different distance -> different velocity -> different KE

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Its a case for it not being a protal but it's hardly a debunk, this is the first time we've seen him tp large chunks of inanimate matter across space at high velocities, perhaps the protals look diffrent due to that. Or perhaps it's due to him using the two stones in tandem causing a diffrent appearence to the portals ect. Theres enough ambiguity to argue the point, the color is hardly enough to dismiss the possiblity out of hand.

@Newendigo If you use the shot of when Thanos begins to crack the moon that shows a near full view of Titan's moon, and ang-size Titan from it assuming Earth's moon size, that would make Titan around the size of Saturn.

M3X said:
Moon size is irrelevant. We always use our moon to scale when nothing was stated
On an alien planet far from earth where the moon is in a totally different position to the planet and is far to close to realistically match the size of our moon, I disagree. That is meant to be the assumption for earth like planets (The planets series usually take place on) this planet is incredibly distant from earth, is eight degrees off it's axis and has fluctuating gravity.

If that moon is the size of earths own it should have crashed into the planet already, and the planet is the size of saturn with those assumed values.

Dino W said:
@Newendigo If you use the shot of when Thanos begins to crack the moon that shows a near full view of Titan's moon, and ang-size Titan from it assuming Earth's moon size, that would make Titan around the size of Saturn.
Wait what? I thought the bigger the moon the closer it is to the planet?

Don't care if you disagree, that's wiki's standard. If you want it to be smaller, you need to prove. If you don't provide any other information about its size, Moon size will be used

@Spino What? No, the larger the object, the greater the distance will be if you ang-size.

I think the results may actually be higher if we assume 9270 km.

But wouldn't that we be inaccurate since a planet of same size as Earth would have the same Roche Limit? In which case, the planet Titan is actually a Small Planet if it has a moon that close to it.

and this

Dino2@ Well, that escalated quick...

Pen@ The portals that Thanos makes have the appearence of a dark hole that generate a huge amount of smoke/steam/fog/gas with very small strands of blue energy.

That thing that pulled the rocks is not a portal.

Dino W said:
@Spino
What? No, the larger the object, the greater the distance will be if you ang-size. I think the results may be higher if we assume 9270 km.
The current one is higher

Its a case for it not being a protal but it's hardly a debunk, this is the first time we've seen him tp large chunks of inanimate matter across space at high velocities, perhaps the protals look diffrent due to that. Or perhaps it's due to him using the two stones in tandem causing a diffrent appearence to the portals ect. Theres enough ambiguity to argue the point, the color is hardly enough to dismiss the possiblity out of hand.

I think we shouldn't assume it to be a portal when all the other portals created by the Space Stones look nothing like that. And using two stones isn't relevant.

Newendigo said:
Dino2@ Well, that escalate quick...
Pen@ The portals that Thanos make have the appearence of a dark hole that generate a huge amount of smoke/steam/fog/gas with very small strands of blue energy.

That thing that thing that pulled the rocks is not portal.
It pulls the rocks into a blinding blue light then cuts back to the planet, It could be a portal, it could be something else. Neither of us can prove it one way or the other, as the movie doesn't elaborate, saying that I am being a bit pedantic overall. I still find it dubious (Small strands of blue energy leaves me thinking pulling something like this just made it more blue) but if others agree it's not a portal I won't argue it further.

Dino W said:
@Spino What? No, the larger the object, the greater the distance will be if you ang-size.

I think the results may actually be higher if we assume 9270 km.
If we assume 9270 km:

9270000/3.31 = 2800604.229607250755287 m/s

0.5*2800604.229607250755287^2*19864338.5499535502274848 = 7.7901818082132484932750591970450183725749284552538e19 Joules, still Island level

Pen@.

>It doesn't look like the actual portals that the Space Stone creates.

>There is not second portal in Titan from which the meteors have to come.

>An statement from one of the directors literally says that Thanos pulled the rocks.

Lmao, I hate to repeat arguments, but everything points that he didn't teleport them.

Fair enough Ill drop it, but take my final protest!!!!

though the directors words were he used the stone to pull them quickly to him, that doesn't instantly mean he literally pulled them across space, it can quite easily mean he pulled them through a portal :p

Meant as a joke I don't think their are many feats after IW that would counter their ratings. (Though if I find one expect me to be back for a downgrade! This is one feat, in the entire franchise that gives them 6c. I find one anti feat and theirs going to be a reckoning!)

So pre IW everyone's down to high 7c-7b iirc?

Back