• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The MCU changes. Edit: Looks like we need to finalize some stuff and we need to do more work on the calcs

RanaProGamer said:
I think there is a way to find out the size of the Titan's moon. Remember when we calculated how long it took it the Power Stone's blast to cover an entire planet? I think we can calculate how long it took the Power Stone's blast to cover Titan's moon since nothing states that the speed of the blast would be different. Using a stop watch I got 2 seconds to cover half the moon, so 4 seconds to cover the entire moon.
As I understand it this would fall into calc stacking as your taking the math from another feat and applying it to separate feat.

But what distance did you assumed to be between Titan and the moon? We don't know that so it's easiest to just assume it to be as big as our Moon.

365.01 km away due to his calc

?

Also question: Wasn't it said thst Thor was going to tank the full firce of a star? Doesn't that mean he tanked the full luminosity?

Because iirc that was one of the justifications for the original neutron star calc.

Considering the light didn't dim bend or change and full power leaves a ton of ambiguity/is classic exaggeration statement across most media. (I could say someone tanked the full force of a nuke when they're simply caught in the explosion/other normally exaggerated statements) No I don't think it's safe to assume he tanked the full luminosity.

Especially as the person who said it was trying to dissuade thor and was living in a dark frozen forge without hands for an indeterminate amount of time after watching his people get slaughter lending doubt to his mental state.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
EDIT: Actually for the Sokovia feat, can we calculate the shockwave Thor created? That should scale to Thor.
Considering the fact the shockwave threw him back and the following explosion knocked him out, no I don't think so, his kinetic energy was amplified and theres no way to ascertain the shockwave he created wasn't simply the result of the vibranuim. (Though I have some doubts on if we'd get good results) all we know for certain is on his own he could crack the city.

I remember Star Lord saying that, The hell happened to this planet? It's eight degrees off its axis. Its gravitational pull is all over the place. This might explain why the moon looks a lot closer to the planet.

So what have we decided? Do we use Roche Limit, for which we can use the minimum distance between a Planet and a moon till either of them are affected (9270 km) or do we use angle scaling with our Earth and Moon to find the distance between the planet and the moon.

Screenshot (3)
Doesn't thanos use two stones to pull down the meteorites? I thought he used the stones to teleport the meteorites closer to the planet.
edit looking over the scene he draws the rocks into this glowing blue area. Then we cut back to the planets surface, which if he did teleport them closer, kinda makes calcing their speed a pain...

Fair point, pretty sure we see his gauntlet glows two different colors as well (Ill have to double check), add onto that the fact we're struggling with the size of the planet/moon and the fact it would be the only 6c feat in the mcu makes me a bit dubious about the thing overall.

Yeah, but he obviously didn't teleport them at point-black range, it seems they appeared 1-2 kilometers above the battefield.

(Tbh, I'm pretty bad at measuring range).

Looking at it frame by frame, it is ambiguous but it looks more like a portal.

Fortunately, in the next cut, it seems some rocks physically separated from the top left and bottom left of the moon to join the others with pure speed.

Wouldn't that leave us with the conundrum of not knowing what rock iron man was hit with thus not knowing if he's hit by the ones traveling at higher speeds? Or am I misunderstanding?

Also not really sure what your saying, the perspective makes it very difficult to judge distance and I fail to see why we would assume thanos would only teleport some rocks and not others. If he really did tp those meteorites closer I fail to see why we wouldn't assume those other rocks got tped the same way just out of view.

Where is the portal in which the meteors came from?

There is a blue energy flux pulling the meteors, but I can't the same see blue energy in the the next scene in Titan.

If this is the case, then Thanos didn't teleport them, just pull them from the surface.

IT's a bit ambiguous as others stated, it could be him pulling them together or its him teleporting them. This was brought up in the past with this feat but iirc it was disregarded as we had other feats to scale the cast to. We also still need to figure out the planets size.

The blue effect can either be:

• 1- The rocks are getting sucked in to form a larger meteor
  • 2- The rocks getting sucked is them getting accelerated toward the planet at high speed
  • 3- The rocks are getting sucked into a portal to get them closer to the planet
I favor the second. There is a director's commentary that might give us a hint:

"[Thanos] uses two stones there. He uses the Power Stone to destroy the moon. And then he uses the Space Stone to pull it so quickly to the surface of Titan."
While the Space Stone is famous for opening portals, Thanos demonstrated the ability to use telekinesis with it and even throw a miniature black hole against Dr. Strange. So "pull" can be understood literally.

It could be or it can be taken as him pulling them to him through a protal, up to interpretation. Though that directors qoute definintly makes the second option seem more solid. We still need to figure out the actual size of the planet and moon.

Further we need to discuss the fact this would be the only 6c feat in the mcu, the only one matching it being suturs death, which wasn't something he did under his own power and killed him.

Pen@ I don't think that a 6-C feat should be regarded as an possible outlier, it shouldn't as long is for character's new forms/tranformations/power ups.

When was it debunked? you mentioned it twice now but where? From what Ive found it was disregarded as this feat wasn't improtant to the scaling of the characters until now.(The feat was barely glanced at considering the old pixel scaling)

@wendigo Fair enough about it being new forms , but the calc still has other issues like not knowing the size of the planent/moon, the possiblity of teleportation bonking ke ect.

K please link when you do. Im rather interested in how it got debunked considering the scene is vague and the directors words leave room for interpretation.

While I was finding it, I came across this:

Re: Neutron star feat

The neutron star in question was considered dead for reasons, it's cold af (how though? How old is that star? Or did someone sneeze planets away and blew the flame out?). They reignited it though soooo.... I assume they managed to bring it back to the rate where neutron stars cool down really, really, really slow. Like, 1 quadrillion years from birth to death slow. (Neutron stars are billions of kelvin hot at birth but takes only a few years of rampant cooling to go down to 1 million k, where it starts slowing down)

That said, average neutrons stars would go from a few thousand k to a million. Observable neutron stars are on average 600 thousand k. I think that's reasonable given Odin used it and he's minimum 5000 years old.

That said...

Ridiculous low end: 3700-3800k (one of the coldest and oldest neutron stars, 12 billion years old)

Low end: 600,000k (average temp)

Mid end: 1,000,000k (temp after a few years of rapid cooling where it starts to slow its cooling pace)

Can someone plug this in a calc?

Can we use the ridiculous low-end for the neutron star feat?

I found this:

"His portals look nothing like that, they look like blue cgi water surrounding black spaces.

I watched the scene again, that blue flash wasn't a portal, it was some blue energy surrounding the moon after Thanos detonated it. It looked like lightning at first, and then came down with the meteors when Thanos pulled all of them in together."

Screenshot (140)
Screenshot (141)

Pen@ I probably missed something (As always).

Why is important the size of the moon and titan? The feat is about a X character tanking X thing at X speed. Why would those matter in the latter formula?

Back