• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The MCU Celestials are clearly not just 3-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title says, I have 0 idea on how the Celestials are just this tier.

Celestials can dwarf galaxies in size, and they are able to create and displace[3] galaxy-sized suns[7] and black holes.[6] They are the progenitors of the universe as we know it, creating the buildings blocks of all of life across the cosmos, with their influence being felt in the very fabric of existence itself,[5] being its architects[9]

So, the first scan does not work, and the second/3rd one are kinda straightfoward.

The Black Hole part can probably get in 3-B or just an extremely high end in 3-C anyway based on this.

About the Sun, shouldn't we use the method used to find the energy for extremely large celestial bodies? Like this one.

About the Sun, shouldn't we use the method used to find the energy for extremely large celestial bodies? Like this one.
yup. i just mentioned to you offsite but a sun the size of a galaxy (assuming its as dense as our own sun, and the galaxy as reference is the milky way with a radius of 50,000ly) would def be a black hole, the result would be 3-B - my napkin math says 1.791e77 Joules

The first link was from the ScanlineVFX video I think. Here.

We didn't go the 3B route so as to play it safe.

Last edited:
yup. i just mentioned to you offsite but a sun the size of a galaxy (assuming its as dense as our own sun, and the galaxy as reference is the milky way with a radius of 50,000ly) would def be a black hole, the result would be 3-B - my napkin math says 1.791e77 Joules
They're a bit smaller than that actually.
We didn't go the 3B route to play it safe.
What? It's literally stated they create Suns, it's not playing safe if it's not accurate at all here. That's the freaking minimum, we already accept 3-B for galaxy-sized humans (as even said in Large Size page). This is an excessive downplay here, because it logically just can't be that low, you're breaking standards here.

3-B seems sensible but I can't do calcs myself atm since my pc is still messed up

This definitely needs a fix and a proper calc

They're a bit smaller than that actually.

What? It's literally stated they create Suns, it's not playing safe if it's not accurate at all here. That's the freaking minimum, we already accept 3-B for galaxy-sized humans (as even said in Large Size page). This is an excessive downplay here, because it logically just can't be that low, you're breaking standards here.
Back then we didn't have the formula laid out and people were pretty adamant on not seeing Tier 3 Celestials go through.

Y'all are weird.

I'll try to calc the Sun. The black holes just links to the VFX explanation which does not show visuals which does not help much though,

Was about the refusal based on the previous feats, I worded it wrong I admit.
Ah okay I was like damn😭 we had to genuinely try with major MCU upgrades like this

The last celestial we say before this was only like 6-B or high 6-A featwise

Ah okay I was like damn😭 we had to genuinely try with major MCU upgrades like this

The last celestial we say before this was only like 6-B or high 6-A featwise
Btw, their page says they have Type 1 Inorganic Physiology, but does not say the material. Because I have found something that indeed nerfs the calc, aka the fact that it's not the small thing in their hand what's a galaxy, but what's behind them.

So I'll get the GBE of the Sun (I won't expect anything above 4-A anyway) and the GPE of the giant.

The first link was from the ScanlineVFX video I think. Here.
The galaxies here are a mishmash of the IRL ones and one of the Celestial's torso is as big as the galaxy behind them, so go loud on that one I guess.

I already did.

i think your formula's wrong.
the way we calc AP from black holes is by dividing by the mass of the Earth or Sun, whichever it's bigger than (so Sun here), then multiply that result by the respective body's GBE.

in this case, it weighs 3.050e33x more than the Sun, and so you multiply the Sun's GBE (5.693e41 J) by that, and I got 1.737e75 J, which is 3-B, off the top of my head.

Idk man, the formula is the one used in the Black Hole calculations page.
and i'm telling you that formula has given you a wrong result.

to quote the wiki's Black Hole Feats in Fiction page:
To roughly estimate the Attack Potency level one can then compare its mass to either that of the earth or the sun, whichever is closer to its mass. If it's x times the mass of the object it is compared to we estimate that it's creation would equal about x times the energy needed to destroy said object, i.e. either x-times baseline planet level for earth or x-times baseline star level for the sun.
and then see what i said above:
in this case, it weighs 3.050e33x more than the Sun, and so you multiply the Sun's GBE (5.693e41 J) by that, and I got 1.737e75 J, which is 3-B, off the top of my head.

I searched for a bit but couldn't find any information about what material Celestials are made of. However, when we see their body up close, it seems something similar to rock or maybe metal.
Considering that Celestials are born inside planets and, thanks to Ego, we know that they can manipulate the matter around them to implement it in their own body, Continental Crust could be used as a kinda safe assumption, or at least I think.

Last edited:
It's what @DontTalkDT suggested to me, so go ask him.
i had a more in-depth look at it. the formula DT wrote up only works for actual black holes.
for impossibly large celestial bodies, they're typically far smaller than a black hole of equal mass would be, hence using the radius makes the result far lower than it should be
just calc it the same way we do normal black holes - find its mass in terms of either Earth masses or solar masses (whichever is closer) and then multiply that by baseline 5-B or baseline 4-C respectively.

To my memory with an Asura Wraith's CRT is that object's mass must be taken into consideration. If an objects mass and radius don't match its Schwarzschild radius it can't be used for a reason that escapes my memory (breaks physics or something). Which is why the moon is only Tier 4, since it breaks the previously mentioned rules as it should collapse in on itself instantly.

The best result you'll get is for the Black Hole scene, since Black Holes can't break Black Hole rules and all you'll need to do is find a size and get results from that.

i had a more in-depth look at it. the formula DT wrote up only works for actual black holes.
for impossibly large celestial bodies, they're typically far smaller than a black hole of equal mass would be, hence using the radius makes the result far lower than it should be
just calc it the same way we do normal black holes - find its mass in terms of either Earth masses or solar masses (whichever is closer) and then multiply that by baseline 5-B or baseline 4-C respectively.
I did so, and got the following results:
  • Celestial creating the big Sun: 1.7369773e75 Joules / 17.37 QuettaFOE (Multi-Galaxy)
  • Celestial holding the big Sun: 6.06706371e63 Kg (Universal)
  • Celestial's AP from only size: 2.9440004e73 Joules / 294.4 RonnaFOE (Multi-Galaxy)
  • Celestial's speed = 2.61276461e13c (MFTL+)

To my memory with an Asura Wraith's CRT is that object's mass must be taken into consideration. If an objects mass and radius don't match its Schwarzschild radius it can't be used for a reason that escapes my memory (breaks physics or something). Which is why the moon is only Tier 4, since it breaks the previously mentioned rules as it should collapse in on itself instantly.

The best result you'll get is for the Black Hole scene, since Black Holes can't break Black Hole rules and all you'll need to do is find a size and get results from that.
to quote The DT Post Ever: (specifically in regards to this issue of celestial bodies so big they should, in reality, be black holes)
"Get an approximate AP like for black hole, I guess."
i.e calculate it the same way we do black holes, which i detailed above.
find its mass in terms of either Earth masses or solar masses (whichever is closer) and then multiply that by baseline 5-B or baseline 4-C respectively.

I did so, and got the following results:
  • Celestial creating the big Sun: 1.7369773e75 Joules / 17.37 QuettaFOE (Multi-Galaxy)
  • Celestial holding the big Sun: 6.06706371e63 Kg (Universal)
  • Celestial's AP from only size: 2.9440004e73 Joules / 294.4 RonnaFOE (Multi-Galaxy)
  • Celestial's speed = 2.61276461e13c (MFTL+)
looks fine. i left the same comment on the blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back