• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU: Celestials 3-C Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
This video about the Eternals VFX confirms that the Celestial was creating a galaxy, here is the model, which is supported by these articles that claim that the Celestials are capable of building entire galaxies from scratch and that they are larger than galaxies (These two articles are just used as a small support to what the VFX, videos and interviews already confirm). There's also this interview stating that photographs of galaxies were used to make the Celestials scene, and this other article saying that the VFX team created suns, galaxies, black holes, supernovas and the Big Bang. All of that is also supported by this video, which states that the Celestials are the progenitors of the universe as we know it.

In summary, Celestials should be upgraded to 3-C via them dwarfing galaxies in size, and being able to create and displace galaxy sized suns, confirmed by the VFX video, and black holes.

Last edited:
Going by Arishem's statement:
Arishem the Judge: It is time for you to learn the true purpose of your mission. You were sent to Earth to bring forth the Celestial Tiamut. Every billion years, new Celestials must be born. I plant Celestial seeds into host planets across the universe. The planet Earth was chosen to host the Celestial Tiamut. In order to grow, Tiamut needs vast amounts of energy from intelligent life. The Deviants prevented this by consuming humans until the Eternals eliminated them. Now, the human population of the planet has reached the required amount. It is time for the Emergence to begin.

Sersi: But... everyone on Earth will die.

Arishem the Judge: The end of one life, Sersi, is the beginning of another. Our universe is a constant exchange of energy. An infinite cycle of creation and destruction. Celestials use energy gathered from host planets to create suns, generating gravity, heat, and light for new galaxies to form. Without us, our universe will fall into darkness. All life will die.
The visions saw Arishem gave to Sersi is to illistrate the point of the Celestial race: To create stars.

At not point was it stated that they make galaxies.
Are the people who wrote these articles WOG?
No.
  • The first article was written by Emma Jane Betts didn't work on Eternals
  • The second article was written by Susana Polo who has nothing to do with the MCU
  • The third one is just a VFX person talking about art direction and has nothing to do with a feat
  • The fourth article actually completely contradicts the OP's points since they mention that black hole and supernovas were used to show galaxies being formed around them rather than created whosale
Overall I saw there's no justification for a 3-C rating. Everything given in the movie and by direct interview statements only mention stars, supernovas and blackholes being Celestial creations. Never galaxies.

Also, isn't creating a galaxy only 4-B? Afaik, all the matter in a galaxy only amounts to 4-B. Unless I'm tripping.

The only one I feel is solid is them being 3-C via sheer size

I’d suggest quoting the statements your referring to in this article’s and interview so it’s easier for people to find then searching threw the whole thing until then I’m neutral
The video comes from Scanline VFX, the visual effects company that worked on Eternals, and the interviews were made to the VFX supervisors. The last video comes from Marvel Entertainment

b&a: How did you approach the creation of the big bang sequence?

Jelmer Boskma: There’s an enormous amount of effects there. The shot was really cut up in three parts to allow different compositors to take the helm at different moments in that shot, and stitch it together, and have that overlap and make it, well, seamless as one shot, but the effects work in that moment specifically, I think, was really interesting for many reasons because it’s a lot of grand scale, surreal stuff. We start with essentially a celestial big bang, and then go into the creation of the universe with dark matter forming webs and the creation of protostars. We tried to make sure we could instill a little bit of logic and make it presentable..

We had fairly decent previs, but it was generic in what it was depicting. We tried to tell that story, again, it was one of those things where you just scavenged the web. It’s like, ‘Alright, astrophysics, how was the universe born?’ Let’s brush up on that, and try to instil some logic at least to cling onto as these things take shape, and that cloudscape of nebulae, just pushing it through like, ‘How do we create something like that with nice, whimsical motion, and seeing stars being born inside these galactic clouds, and how do we art direct that specifically to form an aesthetically pleasing shots, where the composition works in our favor, and then have motion on top of that?’

And how do we render all of that? There were so many moments in that one shot that required really creative thinking. We actually ended up also applying NASA footage, like photographs of neighboring galaxies, and translating those directly into three dimensional point cloud data to have physically accurate galaxies for our backgrounds. They’re peppered all throughout that shot. It was a tremendous effort from FX that went into that to orchestrate all those components that make up the big bang sequence, and building the Celestials as well was one hell of an effort because of both their scale and alien design.

Scanline also produced extensive cosmic FX work to fill the voids of space. Its team created suns, big bang explosions, black holes, and supernovas to illustrate new galaxies being formed.

The first video literally uses the model of a galaxy to represent the Celestial
The video is also scene from a vision where Arhishem is explaining what Celestials do. In that vision he states they make stars that galaxies eventually form around. No source from someone officially involved say that Celestials instantly made a galaxy.
was used alongside the Celestial
The most that would possibly mean is that galaxy sized Celestials can be 3-C. But that's the most you're going ot get without something more.

Those are more likely to be the dust clouds and supernovas mentioned. Especially when in that scene Arhsiem explicitly states they make stars.

But we're not getting anywhere. I'm not convinced by what you provided (and I doubt you're going to change your mind after my posts). As is the most I see if giving some Celestials to 3-C upper limit and I'm against any universal species upgrade.

Semi-releated by half of the articles your linked are just completely unusable sources. They're by people with zero MCU involvement.

Those are more likely to be the dust clouds and supernovas mentioned.
We still have the interview statement saying that photographs of neighboring galaxies were used to have physically accurate galaxies for the backgrounds
Especially when in that scene Arhsiem explicitly states they make stars.
What the Celestials are making has nothing to do with what's around them, this Celestial is creating a sun while he has a galaxy behind him

We still have the interview statement saying that photographs of neighboring galaxies were used to have physically accurate galaxies for the backgrounds
But that doesn't mean much when Arhsiem says that they formed galaxies through creating stars and other linked interviews mention Celestials making suoernovas and black hole but not galaxies.

He's giving them a vision and explaining Tiamat's purpose. Which is to create stars rather than entire galaxies.

What the Celestials are making has nothing to do with what's around them
As I said, the galaxy sized Celestials being 3-C is acceptable. What isn't is an outright species upgrade when the majority of them are not that size and the majority of your evidence being from irrelevant sources.

Even then this feat comes from a vision and we don't actually see it happening in real time.

The statements still apply to the scene of the Celestials as we can see galaxies next to them.

Likewise the main point of the CRT, which hasn't been addressed yet, is that the VFX video confirms that the model of a galaxy was used alongside the Celestial
There probably far away tbh though they look similar to what the celestials are creating

Ya seems legit

But that doesn't mean much when Arhsiem says that they formed galaxies through creating stars and other linked interviews mention Celestials making suoernovas and black hole but not galaxies.

He's giving them a vision and explaining Tiamat's purpose. Which is to create stars rather than entire galaxies.
I know that, what I'm saying is that all the Celestials of the vision are multi-galaxy sized (therefore the suns that they are creating are galaxy sized) since we can see galaxies around them which is supported by the statement of the interview that says that photographs of galaxies were used for the backgrounds. I'm no longer saying that the Celestials can create galaxies
What isn't is an outright species upgrade when the majority of them are not that size
The profile of the Celestials has the following note: "this profile covers Celestials as they were described by Arishem in Eternals. Celestials like Ego and Eson should not scale to them as they, notably Ego, appear to be very different from the Celestials in the movie". The only exception is Tiamut who is a newborn
and the majority of your evidence being from irrelevant sources.
What is irrelevant is continuing to highlight that point when those two articles were discarded at the first disagreement. The video, interview and article related to the VFX are still valid

Technically speaking given that they're larger than galaxies, wouldn't the stars we see them create be so gargantuan that you migh as well put them in black hole territory? IIRC those stars literally have gravity so strong that galaxies are shown being formed around them.

As I said, the galaxy sized Celestials being 3-C is acceptable. What isn't is an outright species upgrade when the majority of them are not that size
IDK how size correlates to power here when the Celestials themselves can change shape however they see fit.

Even then, the Celestials in the profile are the ones that Arishem himself describes as a general thing, not the other Celestials who aren't that big like Eson and Ego and whatnot.

and the majority of your evidence being from irrelevant sources.
There being only two legit sources for this is a contention to be noted, yes.

NVM, only the two other legit sources are being used. So this is a non-argument now.

Even then this feat comes from a vision and we don't actually see it happening in real time.
Not sure what relevance that has to the feat's legitimacy, Arishem has no reason to lie to us about the process happening, given that he's been around since the start of the universe to see all the countless Celestials being born and dying and whatnot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back