• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Going by statistics, the Gun Devil scales to 8.4 Kilotons while Lance scales to 31 Kilotons. Not only this, but the Gun Devil only has class M ls while Lance has class T ls. Further more, Lance can increase his output by 10x with sectional graviole to attack a smaller area, and can increase his power even more with Graviole Secondths: Torture Pole. To give a visual example, I'll post this video

(25 seconds in, I'm on mobile)

What's Lances defense against GDs ability activation & danmaku
Redirecting the bullets with standard graviole or Graviole Secondth, which is a tactic he used against Charles to redirect his attacks.

Going by statistics, the Gun Devil scales to 8.4 Kilotons while Lance scales to 31 Kilotons. Not only this, but the Gun Devil only has class M ls while Lance has class T ls. Further more, Lance can increase his output by 10x with sectional graviole to attack a smaller area, and can increase his power even more with Graviole Secondths: Torture Pole. To give a visual example, I'll post this video

(25 seconds in, I'm on mobile).

Remember equal stats
Redirecting the bullets with standard graviole or Graviole Secondth, which is a tactic he used against Charles to redirect his attacks.
Ehh Id say the Gun Devil can take his own bullets

What is the range of Lance's Gravity magic? If it lower than the Gun Devils then I don't think he wins, If its higher or comparable then he wins in my opinion.

What is the range of Lance's Gravity magic? If it lower than the Gun Devils then I don't think he wins, If its higher or comparable then he wins in my opinion.
He can wait for the gun devil to approach him. All he has to is point at where the buckets are coming from, and stop them in place. Once the Gun Devil is close, he just flattens it with class T gravity. But if you need a general range, here you go.
img

img

(0:55)

He can wait for the gun devil to approach him. All he has to is point at where the buckets are coming from, and stop them in place. Once the Gun Devil is close, he just flattens it with class T gravity. But if you need a general range, here you go.
img

img

(0:55)

Okay, so from what I'm seeing hundreds of meters. The Gun Devil has kilometer range and would be barraging him the entire time. I'm not sure he would be able to stop every single bullet fired at him and if he cant then the match goes to Gun Devil.

It's only a 3.6x diff so no one shotting here. And the Gun Devil never really gets close, it doesn't need to. He could just sit back and rain bullets at Lance till he tires out though Lance has better stamina at least with basic abilities

It's only a 3.6x diff so no one shotting here. And the Gun Devil never really gets close, it doesn't need to. He could just sit back and rain bullets at Lance till he tires out though Lance has better stamina at least with basic abilities
The gun devil was approaching makima wasn't it? Been a few months since I've read part 1 so I can't remember everything.
Okay, so from what I'm seeing hundreds of meters. The Gun Devil has kilometer range and would be barraging him the entire time. I'm not sure he would be able to stop every single bullet fired at him and if he cant then the match goes to Gun Devil.
Lance definitely can. He can fight for 3 days straight with extremely limited water while getting pressures from all sides, and still had no food. Lance Can remain stationary and hold back the barrage, and if the Gun Devil doesn't get close enough, Lance himself can still approach, still holding off bullets with his superior gravity.

The gun devil was approaching makima wasn't it? Been a few months since I've read part 1 so I can't remember everything.
Well yeah but it was still far away, seems like an entire town/city away when he starts shooting her. He could get close but he'll just regenerate after getting crushed. And this is only the 20% one, the 100% we never see how big it is nor if its any smarter, but it can traverse hundreds of km quickly so I doubt Lance's gravity fields will catch it fast enough before it thinks to move away. And another thing, does Lance bait people into getting close and can he move while summoning his gravity fields?
0076-006.png
0076-007.png

Well yeah but it was still far away, seems like an entire town/city away when he starts shooting her. He could get close but he'll just regenerate after getting crushed.
Can the Gun Devil regenerated after being ripped to smithereens? Because Torture Pole will do that to it.
And this is only the 20% one, the 100% we never see how big it is nor if its any smarter, but it can traverse hundreds of km quickly so I doubt Lance's gravity fields will catch it fast enough before it thinks to move away.
Speed is equalized, isn't it? Don't know how that'll work.
And another thing, does Lance bait people into getting close and can he move while summoning his gravity fields?
He does dabble in trickery against opponents, and yeah he can move while casting spells. He showcased this in the final arc.
Yeah I forgot how far away this is, but I'd think he'd be able to cross a town or city to get in range. Again, his range is hundreds of meters, so he shouldn't have to cross that far of a distance before needing to cast.

Can the Gun Devil regenerated after being ripped to smithereens? Because Torture Pole will do that to it.
Yeah, his body gets torn apart and regens back together.

Speed is equalized, isn't it? Don't know how that'll work.
Well even then, Lance's speed is around or at mach 0.3, that's just 102m, Gd can still evade with that level of speed.

Yeah I forgot how far away this is, but I'd think he'd be able to cross a town or city to get in range. Again, his range is hundreds of meters, so he shouldn't have to cross that far of a distance before needing to cast.
Kinda iffy on the hundreds of meters, from the images you showed and the anime, it only looks to be tens of meters, hundreds of meters would be far bigger than what he did to the forest.

Since I don't know gd's stamina, I am leaning towards to Lance.

If the Gun Devil gets close Lance will have problems with his movement K.E, and if the Gun Devil keeps his distance its just bullet hell + he is able to lock onto lance. If it comes on who outlasts Lance would probably win that

Yeah, his body gets torn apart and regens back together.
Ah right, it's pieces reform back together
Well even then, Lance's speed is around or at mach 0.3, that's just 102m, Gd can still evade with that level of speed.
Wouldn't the GD be equalized to that speed though? Or would Lance be equalized to the GDs speed?
Kinda iffy on the hundreds of meters, from the images you showed and the anime, it only looks to be tens of meters, hundreds of meters would be far bigger than what he did to the forest.
Hey, it's just what LoK put. They could probably elaborate more, if, you know.... they weren't banned
Since I don't know gd's stamina, I am leaning towards to Lance.
when doubt, always bet on a Mashle character's stamina
If the Gun Devil gets close Lance will have problems with his movement K.E, and if the Gun Devil keeps his distance its just bullet hell + he is able to lock onto lance. If it comes on who outlasts Lance would probably win that
Well with the landscape going to hell, Lance can expand his Graviole to counter it all, moving it away from himself. But yeah, if it comes down to outlasting Lance wins.

Does equalized speed mean two character gain the same travel speed or is it only for combat speed? Cause if it's the former the Gun Devil can just kite until he's outlasted Lance.

Plus the GDs profile doesn't separate its speeds, it's just one
Does equalized speed mean two character gain the same travel speed or is it only for combat speed? Cause if it's the former the Gun Devil can just kite until he's outlasted Lance.
And it's going to be hard to outlast Lance. Again, he can fight for 3 days straight on limited water defending himself from attacks on all sides.

i don't think lance can stop every single bullet fired by the GD and it's not like its bullets are going to be targeting only Lance, they're gonna be destroying everything on its way and around him which would make it even more difficult for Lance to stop them, Lance would need to get close to deal any damage to it but getting close to the gun devil is a bad idea. The only way i can see lance winning is by outlasting the GD since it has unknown stamina(idk why its stamina is unknown, it should be at least superior to denji's and power's imo) but i doubt that the gun devil won't be able to hit lance at least once or twice before getting tired

i don't think lance can stop every single bullet fired by the GD and it's not like its bullets are going to be targeting only Lance, they're gonna be destroying everything on its way and around him which would make it even more difficult for Lance to stop them,
Lance can easily flatten and clear the landscape with Graviole, this isn't going to be a problem
Lance would need to get close to deal any damage to it but getting close to the gun devil is a bad idea.
It really isn't that bad. Again, Lance himself can casually do that with his Graviole, and he doesn't need to get that close in the first place, he has extended range with his magic and will be hitting a large target.
The only way i can see lance winning is by outlasting the GD since it has unknown stamina(idk why its stamina is unknown, it should be at least superior to denji's and power's imo) but i doubt that the gun devil won't be able to hit lance at least once or twice before getting tired
And Lance should be able to survive a shot. His durability is comparable to his own AP, meaning he should be able to hold on when injured (Mashle characters take a metric load of punishment in their fights and walk it off to continue fighting). Plus, again, Lance can cast his Secondths not to pull apart the GD, but to attract its attacks to one spot only. And Lance doesn't get tired from this. Even after facing Wirth and using his secondths, he kept going through the secret base he was in and fought other Innocent Zero members.

Lance can easily flatten and clear the landscape with Graviole, this isn't going to be a problem
lance would have difficulty using graviole since the GD is constantly destroying the ground lance is standing on
It really isn't that bad. Again, Lance himself can casually do that with his Graviole, and he doesn't need to get that close in the first place, he has extended range with his magic and will be hitting a large target.
he has hundreds of meters range, i don't think he will be able to reach the GD who is constantly destroying everything around it even when its standing still(plus, the GD has regen so even if lance hits it once the GD will regenerate)
And Lance should be able to survive a shot. His durability is comparable to his own AP, meaning he should be able to hold on when injured (Mashle characters take a metric load of punishment in their fights and walk it off to continue fighting).
fire a bullet through the heart of every living thing born in January, February
ik he has insane stamina and willpower but i don't think he is surviving if he gets shot by the gd
Plus, again, Lance can cast his Secondths not to pull apart the GD, but to attract its attacks to one spot only. And Lance doesn't get tired from this. Even after facing Wirth and using his secondths, he kept going through the secret base he was in and fought other Innocent Zero members.
his range is only hundreds of meters he isn't gonna affect every single attack the GD makes
If you consider fear scaling in a stamina context then yes I'd think so too
that and the eternity devil could fight against denji for 3 days straight(before giving up) after eating a piece of the GD Flesh so that should scale to the GD too imo

lance would have difficulty using graviole since the GD is constantly destroying the ground lance is standing on
What makes you think that? Lance only needs to say "Graviole" and do a little wand movement for it to activate. He can cover a wide range to clear out rubble, using Graviole all around himself like he had done against Mash to "set the stage".
he has hundreds of meters range, i don't think he will be able to reach the GD who is constantly destroying everything around it even when its standing still
Read above + Lance can just, approach the GD. Lance ain't stationary, he's shown to move in conjunction with using his magic.
(plus, the GD has regen so even if lance hits it once the GD will regenerate)
Just flatten it so it can't move, lol
ik he has insane stamina and willpower but i don't think he is surviving if he gets shot by the gd
Again, his durability is above that of the GD's AP. He is surviving a shot.
his range is only hundreds of meters he isn't gonna affect every single attack the GD makes
I don't think you understand me. Lance can cast Torture Pole, something that multiplies his already class T gravity by 10x. Having it casted in the air, any bullet that approaches Lance will just be attracted to it, meaning no bullet will reach Lance.

Then that means Lance is stuck with his normal human travel speed while the Gun Devil gets to have subsonic+ travel speed (Since the Gun Devils travel speed scales directly to his combat speed). So Lance is never going to catch the Gun Devil and eventually get worn out since if Denji is anything to go by the Gun Devil should have similar levels of stamina to Lance if not superior. Lance really would take this every single time if he could just get in range of the Gun Devil, however, as we've already established, the Gun Devil has a sizable range advantage to where he could just continuously barrage Lance until he dies. Any attempt by Lance to cross the distance would be met by the Gun Devil moving further away. Lances only saving grace would be for the Gun Devil to be stupid enough to get in range of Lance in which Lance takes it easy. However, as we've seen with Makima, it's standard tactics for the Gun Devil to get in range of it's opponent and just lay down danmaku so I don't see the Gun Devil doing this. Really unfortunate matchup where I agree Lance would win normally but due to the Gun Devils travel speed and standard tactics I believe he takes it more times than not. Voting Gun Devil.

Then that means Lance is stuck with his normal human travel speed while the Gun Devil gets to have subsonic+ travel speed (Since the Gun Devils travel speed scales directly to his combat speed). So Lance is never going to catch the Gun Devil and eventually get worn out since if Denji is anything to go by the Gun Devil should have similar levels of stamina to Lance if not superior. Lance really would take this every single time if he could just get in range of the Gun Devil, however, as we've already established, the Gun Devil has a sizable range advantage to where he could just continuously barrage Lance until he dies. Any attempt by Lance to cross the distance would be met by the Gun Devil moving further away. Lances only saving grace would be for the Gun Devil to be stupid enough to get in range of Lance in which Lance takes it easy. However, as we've seen with Makima, it's standard tactics for the Gun Devil to get in range of it's opponent and just lay down danmaku so I don't see the Gun Devil doing this. Really unfortunate matchup where I agree Lance would win normally but due to the Gun Devils travel speed and standard tactics I believe he takes it more times than not. Voting Gun Devil.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but both would have the same speed. Since you know, neither of the two have their speeds separated into multiple categories.

He doesn't have a travel speed listed, that's the point. Even then, he has a broom (oddly not listed on his profile) which would allow him to travel at such speeds due to using magic.
Yes, but it is still a factor. Just because we don't list Naruto or Luffy's travel speed doesn't mean it's not applicable and they have travel speed at that level, it's just easier to list the only value that usually matters, combat speed. However, it should still always be taken into account whenever we do certain matches and in this case Lance's travel speed is applicable. Is this broom standard equipment?

Yes, but it is still a factor. Just because we don't list Naruto or Luffy's travel speed doesn't mean it's not applicable and they have travel speed at that level, it's just easier to list the only value that usually matters, combat speed. However, it should still always be taken into account whenever we do certain matches and in this case Lance's travel speed is applicable.
But we don't know his travel speed. Saying "Athletic Human" is only an assumption based on what exactly??? Because there's nothing stating that in his profile.
Is this broom standard equipment?
A broom is to be taken when there is long travel ahead. It's been shown to be used in flight practice and on the trip towards Innocent Zero's lair.
Ah, I just remembered Lance can teleport.

Seems a bit like Lance has more ways of getting close and gd main win con is shooting which gets blocked by gravity

Back