• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Low 2-C Pucci Thread

AKM sama

Waifu Connoisseur
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Human Resources
This is Pucci.

His Low 2-C justification goes like this:

For more context on Pucci's power, there are these scans too.

From what I can understand from these 3 scans, Pucci's main power is to utilize the gravitational power of the universe, which in turn allows him to increase the speed of time since gravitational fields and time are connected. In this way, he can accelerate time till the universe reaches its eventual natural end, and a new universe gets created. This seems like a natural flow of events, which would happen even without Pucci's interference, in its own due time. Pucci is just speeding up the process by accelerating time.

One argument against this rating, which we can see from all this, is that Pucci isn't making use of any kind of universal AP. He is just making use of his time hax that brings the universe to its natural conclusion faster than it was originally destined for. If I accelerate time on a star, it will follow its life cycle and explode into a supernova, but that wouldn't mean I have star level AP.

It's more fitting to list it as time manipulation with universal range, rather than in the AP section. Just explain what his time manipulation can ultimately do in his P&A. Which seems to already be there:
Time Acceleration (Made in Heaven accelerates time for the entire universe and eventually resets it, doing so by controlling gravitational forces)

One argument I've seen is that he should get universal AP for being able to utilize the gravitational power of the universe. Well, that's unquantifiable. One can't get AP for that when it is indirectly used to manipulate time.

P.S.: I'm not that much knowledgeable on the whole context. So I'm gonna ping some people who derailed discussed this in my last thread to present more arguments.
@DontTalkDT @Damage3245 @Everything12 @Eficiente @KingTempest @LordGinSama @Imouto-tan

P.P.S.: I am going to issue thread bans if Fairy Tail is brought up in this one.

Following, i kinda agree with this, removing the ap part wouldn't even be a downgrade or anything, since this was more like temporary enviromental destruction

Or rather, temporal

And before it is said, no, novel kars ain't affected by this, apparently the reset destroys the universe in the novel (although the fact time does this and continues feels more like a 3-A feat).

Yeah, Universe level+ via time acceleration seems a bit much.

One could debate whether the natural forces that end the universe would have some separate ranking, but that depends on which cosmological model Jojo uses. It would be less than Low 2-C in any case.

Dude

This is not even the reason he has the rating. You guys are all arguing for something that isn't even true.
That's what's listed in his profile, and either way, the reasoning itself should be removed as it does not qualify for Low 2-C in the first place.

If you can provide another reason for him to have such rating, you're more than welcome.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t his Time Acceleration not only end the universe, but as we see in the end, even make a new one? It ends the universe and recreates it or something like that. At the end, there’s a (spoilers) new Jolyne, Emporio and Weather Report riding in a car in the universe after Emporio kills Pucci.

I could be wrong, but wouldn’t that be considered low 2-C?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t his Time Acceleration not only end the universe, but as we see in the end, even make a new one? It ends the universe and recreates it or something like that. At the end, there’s a (spoilers) new Jolyne, Emporio and Weather Report riding in a car in the universe after Emporio kills Pucci.

I could be wrong, but wouldn’t that be considered low 2-C?
It depends, it seems like Jojo follows the "Big Crunch" theory in that the universe will eventually reset itself, the theory is even related to gravity, which Pucci manipulates to cause the reset, so you could argue that all Pucci is really doing is speeding up a natural process, not much different from the star example used in the OP.

Though, I do think he should have Low 2-C listed on his profile as a form of Enviromental Destruction, I mean, Pucci's feat is literally used as an example on the Enviromental Destruction page.

List it as environmental destruction and be done with it, maybe clarify the exact happenings a bit to avoid some confusion, given I was under the impression that's what it was listed as to begin with, the fact it isn't is indeed a issue.

If people still hold issues with an ability who's whole purpose is birthing a new space-time to be listed as such albeit in a non-offensive manner then I'll argue as such when I get some time later.

It depends, it seems like Jojo follows the "Big Crunch" theory in that the universe will eventually reset itself, the theory is even related to gravity, which Pucci manipulates to cause the reset, so you could argue that all Pucci is really doing is speeding up a natural process, not much different from the star example used in the OP.
The only difference is, he then kind of ‘undoes’ the Big Crunch. The universe dies, then comes back thanks to MIH, and now everyone knows their fates or something like that, no? I think this is low 2-C, as he is ending the universe, then bringing it back.

As for Environmental Destruction, that sounds reasonable. I don’t believe the Time Acceleration actually hurts anyone on its own anyways, just makes everything a lot more dangerous since it’s moving really fast lol. I’d agree with that.

As for Environmental Destruction, that sounds reasonable. I don’t believe the Time Acceleration actually hurts anyone on its own anyways, just makes everything a lot more dangerous since it’s moving really fast lol. I’d agree with that.

Also that ^. it's not offensive, a key part of the ability is that MIH DOESNT hurt any organism, in fact, it places them neatly and relocates them safely into the new dimension, even something as mundane as insects or trees.
Increased KE and speed of objects is a issue and people did die from that but that was more collateral then the ability itself.

First off the Time Acceleration is a byproduct of his gravity manipulation increasing the gravity in the entire universe. Due to the Theory of Relativity Gravity stretches Time so the more Gravity applied the faster time accelerates.

Second off, MiH would still fall under ED which can still give AP as his ability is affecting celestial bodies that have their own gravitational forces meaning that MiH would have to overpower said forces to even affect them in the first place with MiH.

In the previous thread I posted links to Lord Drakkon and Funny Valentine who both have AP for ED.

Heck I am pretty sure that Pucci at one point still had MiH labeled as ED to specifically avoid this confusion and that's what was agreed on during the 2019 CRT

Also that ^. it's not offensive, a key part of the ability is that MIH DOESNT hurt any organism, in fact, it places them neatly and relocates them safely into the new dimension, even something as mundane as insects or trees.
Increased KE and speed of objects is a issue and people did die from that but that was more collateral then the ability itself.
Question, what would be needed to "resist" MIH? Like gravity resistance? time resistance? (just a random question that popped up in my head sorry for the derailment)

Question, what would be needed to "resist" MIH? Like gravity resistance? time resistance? (just a random question that popped up in my head sorry for the derailment)

Nothing, you already do in the first place, me and you both resist it, because it doesn't effect us, it instead effects everything BUT us, and Pucci.
It doesn't effect living organisms.

Nothing, you already do in the first place, me and you both resist it, because it doesn't effect us, it instead effects everything BUT us, and Pucci.
Correction- it does affect Pucci. Well, at the very least, it effects his Speed. He uses that to dart around and Blitz enemies and stuff,
and it’s also partly why he choked so fast when Emporio used Heavy Weather.

daddybrawl
Yeah? I said that, everything but us, and Pucci. As in Pucci was included in what's effected, an exception to the no organism rule.
Maybe I worded that odd but ya get me.

I might be somewhat drunk but I can flat-out call this BS. His range wouldn't be 3-A, he kick started another universe with dozens of other timelines with their own time-space.
by making it go through its natural cycle, if anything the universe is universal+ for rebooting, but pucci should just get the regular time manip treatment (universal). Affecting multiple universes with different time streams without affecting the time streams is still universal isn't it?

Back