• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

the lord of darkness faces the lord of death

I think sauron wins via inmortality, invulnerability to common weaponry (wich means nito's skeletons are useless), resistance to death manipulation, flight, Regenerationn and many other things :v

So, correct me if I'm wrong but, Sauron's "resistance" to death manip is the fact that he doesn't go to the land of the dead when he dies, right? He just becomes a spirit and then proceeds to regenerate over time? If that's the case I'm not sure if that really counts as actual resistance.

The next big thing is would Sauron's regen time be long enough to incap. If the movies are anything to go by I'd say so, but I'd like to hold off voting for now. Maybe contact someone knowledgable in LotR?

Could be, in the battle of the last alliance sauron lost because isildur cut off his ring from his finger, preventing sauron to take a physical form in the moment. Even so sauron still had a lot of power in spirit form. And over time sauron managed to take another physical form, likely a weaker one fue to the fact that his finger was still cutter (no eye-flaming form)

And all of this if we are talking about sauron with the ring, because before that there was no impediment for him to regenerate. I can't see any skill from Nito that could incap sauron in spirit form (non-physical interaction, where?) and it's not the fact that sauron just don't go to the land of the dead, but after dying physically his spirit could continue fighting with magic or summoning Angband and Barad-d├╗r creatures (werewolves, at least during angband's times, ghosts, evil spirits etc...) completaly out of death range in any way (you would need something like existence eraesure to surpass resistance to death manipulation and, basically, his inmortality 4)

Regenerationn low-godly is still there though, isildur cutted sauron's ring to prevent him to take another physical form because of this (it's not instantaneus, obviusly, but it still working. That's why, mostly, Dlendil and Gil-galad during his battle agaist sauron didn't stop or retreat knowing that would be foolish and nonsense. They fight with all of his power, resulting in death for them and the destruction of sauron's body)

And shapeshifting is still a matter, he can take the form of nearly anything he wants to (a powerful werewolve, a serpent, a vampire, a high dark lord... etc) and he can also change his size with size manipulation

Still mayby it will be great to contact someone like Azatoth or someone who knows better than me

Back