• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Lone Wanderer vs. The Courier

Fo3OA T51b Unit
Fallout 3

21356-2-1434566256
New Vegas

VS.

I've noticed there's been a bit of a Flame War amongst the Fallout fanbase about which game was better: Fallout 3 or New Vegas. So I thought it was about time we settle the score. Bethestha's Lone Wanderer vs. Obsidian's Courier. Both are at max level (30 & 50) and have access to all their perks and best/unique weapons.

Time: 12pm noon

Equipment: The Lone Wanderer will be wearing his Winterized T51b Power Armor from the Operation: Archorage DLC (Which doesn't degrade no matter what) and The Courier will be wearing his Elite Riot Gear from the Lonesome Road DLC and will have Enclave Power Armor for backup protection.

Who wins and why?

I would say the courier takes this, even though the lone wanderer, got things like the tesla cannon, and the experimental MIRV. the courier has many weapons specificly ment to stop power armor (also the never degrede thing, is a thing that went wrong with the game mechanic, it has no more worth than an ordinary T51b here), Also The Courier got some weapons who can make him win here, like: the pulse gun, a tesla cannon more powerful than the one in fallout 3, and since the Lone wanderer is using power armor constantly, that will make The Lone Wanderer take extra damage with the tesla cannon prototype which deals considerbly more damage than a normal telsa cannon. The Courier however is not in a power armor making him survive a few shots from the tesla cannon. plus one of The Couriers best weapons, The Red Glare. The red glare is the way I see him taking this considerably easier, since it's littrly a rockket machine gun.

To sum it up The Courier got:

Larger variety of weapons.

More action points to utilize.

superior firepower.

More experience with the wasteland. (and fammilar with the lonsesome road)

More close combat training.

Superior Drugs to increase abillities.

Anti power armor weaponry.

Note. the pip-boy doesn't teleport you anywhere, you just travel there and it seems like teleportation, I am going to remove that from the LW's profile, for whoever placed it there.

Mefre said:
I would say the courier takes this, even though the lone wanderer, got things like the tesla cannon, and the experimental MIRV. the courier has many weapons specificly ment to stop power armor (also the never degrede thing, is a thing that went wrong with the game mechanic, it has no more worth than an ordinary T51b here), Also The Courier got some weapons who can make him win here, like: the pulse gun, a tesla cannon more powerful than the one in fallout 3, and since the Lone wanderer is using power armor constantly, that will make The Lone Wanderer take extra damage with the tesla cannon prototype which deals considerbly more damage than a normal telsa cannon. The Courier however is not in a power armor making him survive a few shots from the tesla cannon. plus one of The Couriers best weapons, The Red Glare. The red glare is the way I see him taking this considerably easier, since it's littrly a rockket machine gun.

superior firepower.

Note. the pip-boy doesn't teleport you anywhere, you just travel there and it seems like teleportation, I am going to remove that from the LW's profile, for whoever placed it there.
Old thread i know but how does the Courier hold superior fire power?

Dbfan and critic said:
Mefre said:

superior firepower.

Old thread i know but how does the Courier hold superior fire power?
has a rocker machine gun and acces to anti-matiriel weapons, anti-power armor weapons, and many more exsplosives and meele weapons, if you are talkign over all fire power, they are pretty much equal with the fat man, but all in all when it comes down to guns and meele weapons, the courier wins by a landslide

Back