• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Courier vs JC Denton (Fallout vs Deus EX)

Honestly I’m surprised Fallout and Deus Ex matches are made more often. SBA minus the statements about character.

I’m leaving speed unequalized for now since I don’t think Denton is all that faster. And this is Denton’s first key. The Courier has his 9-A equipment.

JC Denton:

The Courier:

Inconclusive:

Speaking with fallout and deus ex we really gotta make a profile for some companions, I got a couple of match up ideas for best boy Boone.

Everyone but the courier in fallout is pretty over looked. I was planned to make a lone wanderer thread a long time ago but never finished it. Let me see if I can find the doc I was working on.

Yeah Frank Horrigan was getting a match done I think tbf, I'd love to try Boone vs Garrus Vakarian or TF2 Sniper lol

I unfortunately don’t think Boone would scale to the courier to make that a match. I would say he could maybe be 9-B, but staff despises 9-B fallout (which I find goofy because I can find a crap ton of 9-B and 9-A feats, seriously they were almost downgraded to 9-C even with power armor multiple times). It’s the biggest reason I never want to try and add any other characters to the verse ever.

Aw damn really? A shame cause Boone's actually pretty cracked skill wise with that one ending of his. Anywho to get back on track here how far are they from each other here?

Thanks for reminding me of that. I didn’t really want to put them right next to each other but I guess it does usually determine what the courier does first. I think I want to see how it goes with SBA range for once.

Pretty sure the Courier either Social Influences the hell out of this dude or blitzes him with V.A.T.S energy weapons which will one-shot him via the sheer heat and/or melting him into goop via matter hax.

This time they are pretty far away from each other at first, and speed is unequalized so vats only makes the Courier a bit faster or so. Though yeah fallout energy weapons hit pretty hard (for heat based weapons) since they scale to flash vaporizing titanium.

Yeah if they're super far away I doubt SI would be used, Denton does have this going for him at least

Poison Manipulation and Radiation Manipulation (Environmental Resistance almost completely protects Denton from poisons and radiation[23]), Temperature Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Energy Manipulation and Plasma Manipulation (Energy Shield absorbs and reduces damage from a variety of energy or heat based attacks[24])

So I'll say he wouldn't instantly get gooped or burned, he does have to turn those on but its pretty much thought based in activation anyway. Plus he has something that lets him cloak himself from radars so I'd say that should help too thought Courier has enhanced senses anyway.

I guess I'll give it to Courier atm via his luck making Denton fumble and then getting a Vats crit off, not to mention if Courier's luck really pulls through he could summon Miss Fortune or Mysterious Stranger too.

The plasma rifles in fallout cause molecular destabilization, I don’t think his shields would work against that. Plus the courier has enhanced senses superior to blind death claws. And those things can track you from over a mile away through sheer sound alone.

Bionic enhancements might give it more stamina or speed, but I don't think Delton can do much against a Fat man or Archemes II thrown in his face. What powerful weapons does Delton have?

I’m pretty busy in life right now, but the archemes is stupidly slow (unfortunately, because it’s so cool). It’s the least useful weapon in the courier’s arsenal. Especially since Delton’s shields scale to plasma which is hotter than the cores of stars. Not many heat based attacks can beat that heat resistance.

Edit: I’ve been mistaken for decades dang. Plasma is not hotter than a star’s core, that crap is freaking 40,000,000 degrees, holy hell.

Actually, it appears unfortunately Deus got downgraded and speed upgraded since this match was made. Rip this match then.

Deus Ex is actually both stronger and faster now with JC's physical augs multiplying his speed and strength by multiple folds into 8-C and High Hypersonic

Weird how they went from 9-A to 9-B+ to 8-C in like a month. That was interesting to see. Maybe I could remake this match later then to fit with the recent changes.

Also looking for the reason as to why they were upgraded, I don’t know why fallout weapons vaporizing power armor and pretty much well over half the enemies was rejected. Like they get to scale to vaporizing bears for some reason but not anything else you can vaporize in the game. Though I know any revision that would be made would be a mess since the main staff for fallout and practically all the non staff completely disagree with each other.

I just is really weird to me when you actually look at it. Like one staff member wants the power armor to scale to bullets, but even the visor is completely bullet proof as stated by the courier themselves. Plus, I actually did find real canon pulse ammo, I’ll find the link to it again, but it can finally explain how the ncr beat the brotherhood.
Edit: I know this isn’t related to the thread, but it’s real satisfying to see this. I was repeatedly told pulse ammo was a mod, it isn’t, it’s gun runners dlc.

Back