• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Courier vs Geralt of Rivia

Is that even in-character? Geralt also has time shenanigans, but I for sure can't say he leads with that.
He’s an RPG character,so eh.Keeweed mention SI being a possible starter move,but it’s debatable.

As far as vats goes,is a the signature combat style for all the protags.If he is actually gonna kill Geralt from the start,he will lead with that.

He has a bad profile so I can't rely on it. It's better to know FOR SURE what he starts with, rather than going on with an assumption.

Wait, is this even a time stop ability, or is it just assumed? Because it seems like Max Payne's bullet-time, from what I see on YouTube.

Even if he use time stop, wouldn't do shit against Geralt. He can ignore durability to some extent and that's all (tho its questionable, that's a very common game mechanic about ignoring the armor resistance). Unless he is able to kill Geralt during this time stop, he can't win here.

Geralt has far higher AP and dura, can amp himself with potions and adrenaline, can slow down Courier, freeze him, control his mind and whatnot. This dude gets stomped here lmao

He has a bad profile so I can't rely on it. It's better to know FOR SURE what he starts with, rather than going on with an assumption.
The courier’s profile was supposed to be updated a while ago. I really need to make a new thread on that because the last one died.

The courier has convinced more people than just legate. He can convince Ulysses to stop trying to kill him and then have them work with the courier against their (Ulysses’) own contingency plan to kill the courier. The courier can also convince the think tank to not steal his body despite that being their only objective and all of them being insane.

Geralt is a professional but I don’t see why he would be immune to social influencing, especially social influencing that can convince people to stop a war they have been planning and doing for years.

“can slow down Courier, freeze him, control his mind and whatnot”

Due to SBA the courier is hilariously out of range of all of those options. And Geralt definitely doesn’t lead with mine manipulation in character while the speech skill is one of the biggest parts of NV. Even if the courier doesn’t go for it the entirety of Fallout’s combat is built around vats (with many of the perks centering around it) and the courier has a massive range advantage.

Y’all respond too fast.

How vats operates

Due to wiki wide revisions,heat resistance will likely be treated as its own form of durability.The Courier’s heat lasers is leagues above what Geralt is capable of taking.Things like plasma weaponry cause molecular deconstruction as well.

Courier doesn’t get stomped lol

“can slow down Courier, freeze him, control his mind and whatnot”

Due to SBA the courier is hilariously out of range of all of those options.
Oh are we using SBA?

Victory Conditions: Death of the opponent, removing the opponent from the battlefield for at least one week (BFR), knocking the opponent out for at least one hour, or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day, are to be assumed as victory conditions.

I'd like to see how he would make Geralt harmless for over a day, please

Geralt is a professional but I don’t see why he would be immune to social influencing, especially social influencing that can convince people to stop a war they have been planning and doing for years.

The first four words are the answer to that. Geralt is the definition of a professional. If he goes for the kill, he goes for the kill. To convince him out of killing him, Courier would really need some Nardwuar level info on him. But he knows absolutely nothing about Geralt, what arguments would he even have, especially when Geralt will swing his sword at him? As I said, he has convinced people with apparently different mindset, so I doubt it will apply here.

Y’all respond too fast.

How vats operates

Due to wiki wide revisions,heat resistance will likely be treated as its own form of durability.The Courier’s heat lasers is leagues above what Geralt is capable of taking.Things like plasma weaponry cause molecular deconstruction as well.

Courier doesn’t get stomped lol
You're just too slow, hehe.

Uh, is there any lore stuff that would actually say it's time stop? It seems like perception manipultion or something.

Until the revisions are done and accepted, they do not apply on matches. If you want to, you can re-do this match again after the revisions you mentioned.

Oh are we using SBA?

Victory Conditions: Death of the opponent, removing the opponent from the battlefield for at least one week (BFR), knocking the opponent out for at least one hour, or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day, are to be assumed as victory conditions.

I'd like to see how he would make Geralt harmless for over a day, please
Wouldn’t talking an opponent down and convincing them not to fight be a way to make them harmless to the person that convinced them. They are no longer trying to harm the courier and courier stopped the fight with an ability he has.

I can make a thread on social influencing being usable to stop a fight if needed.

Assuming social influencing isn’t usable (why even have the power then if it isn’t usable on this site), the courier out ranges badly so he has plenty of time to shot Geralt dead with his durability negating weapons. And with his luck, intelligence, skill, and vats shooting Geralt should be easy.

You're just too slow, hehe.

Uh, is there any lore stuff that would actually say it's time stop? It seems like perception manipultion or something.

Until the revisions are done and accepted, they do not apply on matches. If you want to, you can re-do this match again after the revisions you mentioned.
Yeah I told people not to make a lot of courier matches right now in another thread. Especially since vats was supposed to be changed to perception manipulation in the last thread that was made.

Wouldn’t talking an opponent down and convincing them not to fight be a way to make them harmless to the person that convinced them. They are no longer trying to harm the courier and courier stopped the fight with an ability he has.

I can make a thread on social influencing being usable to stop a fight if needed.
You can do it, I'd comment there
Assuming social influencing isn’t usable (why even have the power then if it isn’t usable on this site), the courier out ranges badly so he has plenty of time to shot Geralt dead with his durability negating weapons. And with his luck, intelligence, skill, and vats shooting Geralt should be easy.
The page says it's not combat applicable, but does not states why. I'd assume that the character in question wouldn't simply stop doing whatever he is doing to listen to a person he doesn't even know and wants to kill

If they were accepted, shouldn't this be on his profile? Until it is and we know the exact value, no need to talk about it.

Quen is a good answer to ranged weapons. It's Low 7-B, so it ain't half bad in response to Courier's attacks.

The first four words are the answer to that. Geralt is the definition of a professional. If he goes for the kill, he goes for the kill. To convince him out of killing him, Courier would really need some Nardwuar level info on him. But he knows absolutely nothing about Geralt, what arguments would he even have, especially when Geralt will swing his sword at him? As I said, he has convinced people with apparently different mindset, so I doubt it will apply here.
Ulysses, the Think Tank scientist, and Legate all wanted the courier dead and he convinced all of them to stop and even convinced one of them to join his side. Geralt has a different mind set but all three of the examples I listed have different mind sets and he convinced all of them just fine. He can convince Ulysses not to kill him even when he knows nearly nothing about him, there is a different ending if you convince Ulysses with prior knowledge about him.

“The page says it's not combat applicable, but does not states why”

I’m assuming you mean the actual social influencing page. It should word it very differently because there are definitely characters that have combat applicable social influencing.

It's definitely impressive, but I really don't think he will get Geralt to talk with him when he tries to lop his head off, as I said before. He will probably think it's a cheap trick to backstab him or him trying to buy some time for some attack.

If they were accepted, shouldn't this be on his profile? Until it is and we know the exact value, no need to talk about it.

Quen is a good answer to ranged weapons. It's Low 7-B, so it ain't half bad in response to Courier's attacks.
Doesn’t the low 7-B quen require him to stand still? Last I’ve heard his complete bubble shield was the low 7-B one, though I maybe misremembering that.

Well yeah, but it does depend of the enemie you are fighting against. You can't convince Hulk or Berserker Armor Gutts to stop fighting, you'd be dead before even saying a single word. Geralt li isn't like both, yeah, but he isn't gonna listen to a dude unless he has info of where Ciri is

He can move but not attack. But that's not a problem if the dude attack with 8-C attacks, Geralt reflects 50% of everything against the 9-A durability.

It's definitely impressive, but I really don't think he will get Geralt to talk with him when he tries to lop his head off, as I said before. He will probably think it's a cheap trick to backstab him or him trying to buy some time for some attack.
I don’t remember Geralt being that suspicious (from what I’ve played of Witcher 3). He can easily tell out lies due to his ridiculous enhanced senses, but the Courier doesn’t need to lie here. If he’s convincing Geralt to leave then there won’t be a lie or anything suspect.

Though thinking about it due to the distance between these two a conversation isn’t going to start.

I do want to ask: what is Geralt’s heat resistance, due to the site wide change on heat that’s actually going to be pretty important in this fight.

“He can move but not attack. But that's not a problem if the dude attack with 8-C attacks, Geralt reflects 50% of everything against the 9-A durability.”

The courier has the ability to know how durable opponents are, so he’ll open with one of his strongest weapons. Which all have durability negation (though sometimes it is slight, like mini nukes have fatal levels of radiation).

I do want to say what is Geralt’s heat resistance, due to the site wide change on heat that’s actually going to be pretty important in this fight.

Resisting extreme temperatures/fire and having his organism still functioning, nothing top-tier.

He has never fought with something like him so I think he WILL be suspicious, but as you said conversation won't happen, so another reason why it's irrelevant

The courier has the ability to know how durable opponents are, so he’ll open with one of his strongest weapons. Which all have durability negation (though sometimes it is slight, like mini nukes have fatal levels of radiation).

You need to prove that he can negate energy/magic based shields. His strongest attack is 8-C, can't even damage a normal guard in TW universe. The shield reflects the damage back to the attacker too.

I don’t remember Geralt being that suspicious (from what I’ve played of Witcher 3). He can easily tell out lies due to his ridiculous enhanced senses, but the Courier doesn’t need to lie here. If he’s convincing Geralt to leave then there won’t be a lie.

And how would he convince Geralt to stop fighting? What are the arguments? He would likely hear a "**** you" from him

Conversation won't happen, as I said, so that's not very important now. Seems like the match is heavily convoluted though. I'd just departure from there until all the revisions, AP changes so on and so forth are done I guess.

“can't even damage a normal guard in TW universe.”

Aren’t the normal guards in Witcher the ones that get completely obliterated by vampires on par with Geralt. There are guards that fight the 8-Cs but I don’t think the normal guard is that high of a tier. (I know it was an incredible minor point, so sorry for getting caught up on that).

“And how would he convince Geralt to stop fighting? What are the arguments? He would likely hear a "**** you" from him”

While I now agree that courier won’t start up a conversation (due to the starting distance between these two). I don’t see Geralt just so casually ignoring the courier either. People who have been planning on killing the courier for years can be easily convinced into completely changing sides and help the courier instead. Geralt isn’t a dead stone wall, he’s had plenty of conversations before and someone with as much speech skill, intelligence, and luck (luck can be used a few times in conversations in NV) should be able to talk to Geralt.

“The shield reflects the damage back to the attacker too.” The courier resist all of his most dangerous attacks and does Geralt’s shield reflect things like heat and deconstruction (which is currently matter manipulation on the Courier’s profile but it was supposed to be changed).

Conversation won't happen, as I said, so that's not very important now. Seems like the match is heavily convoluted though. I'd just departure from there until all the revisions, AP changes so on and so forth are done I guess.
Fair enough I’ll make the courier thread either tonight or tomorrow night (I work tomorrow morning). I’m actually slightly busy right now, so this thread being put on hold would be very helpful.

Aren’t the normal guards in Witcher the ones that get completely obliterated by vampires on par with Geralt. There are guards that fight the 8-Cs but I don’t think the normal guard is that high of a tier. (I know it was an incredible minor point, so sorry for getting caught up on that).

Being destroyed by vampires isn't even close to an anti feat. The only vampires that can match Geralt are Bruxaes and High Vampires. The verse has 8-C calcs ranging from 0.3 tons to 1.96 tons. Some guards can fight Geralt, he obviously isn't gonna use his steongest potions and sigs, but they do scale.

While I now agree that courier won’t start up a conversation (due to the starting distance between these two). I don’t see Geralt just so casually ignoring the courier either. People who have been planning on killing the courier for years can be easily convinced into completely changing sides and help the courier instead. Geralt isn’t a dead stone wall, he’s had plenty of conversations before and someone with as much speech skill, intelligence, and luck (luck can be used a few times in conversations in NV) should be able to talk to Geralt.

Geralt will ignore him. People that planned to kill him during years knows him, they know what he can do, what he can't, what he have done. Geralt doesn't. He has no reason to not ignore a conversation and simply kill his opponent. Even in TW3 you have the option to kill or to talk (you have a short time to choose) and Geralt would simply kill his opponent and ignore the conversation. Since conversation isn't gonna happen then whatever.

The courier resist all of his most dangerous attacks

Maybe, if half of his 8-C AP is > his 9-A durability, then no, he can't.

Geralt’s shield reflect things like heat and deconstruction (which is currently matter manipulation on the Courier’s profile but it was supposed to be changed).

No, it reflects damage. The shield would likely negate those effects

Just want to say this before I go.

The Courier’s 9-A durability is currently right next to 9-A+ and his only 8-C weapon is a mini nuke. Which doesn’t have the range to hit Geralt at the start, so the Courier could survive his laser rifle and plasma attacks’ damage being reflected back at him.

All it matters is, if he keeps a distance from Geralt, he will receive 50% of everything, that's all. If he spams a lot of 8-C attacks, he will receive 50% of all of them, aka one shotting himself

Back