• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Courier vs Geralt of Rivia

All it matters is, if he keeps a distance from Geralt, he will receive 50% of everything, that's all. If he spams a lot of 8-C attacks, he will receive 50% of all of them, aka one shotting himself
I’m going to the gym right now. And this thread will need to be remade anyways, but: the Courier’s durability, currently, is right next to 9-A+. Unless his 8-C attack is very high into 8-C, half the damage shouldn’t one shot himself.

I’m going to the gym right now.
Sorry, I needed to
99437237D84F34ECE3D70E11F2FC0F73B89C7AA4

Yeah, social influencing totally works on somebody who has a century of experience on life threatening bargains and currently is within killing distance on the opponent

Why is a 9B fighting an 8C.

Courier is not that haxed people.

Also Legate is a messy example, he is not only in a functionally bad situation that could be reasoned with, he is a leader and has listened to people talk before.

Why should I not close this

Also Legate is a messy example, he is not only in a functionally bad situation that could be reasoned with, he is a leader and has listened to people talk before.

Probably because he has weaponry that ignore durability and VATS

Legate is not the main example of social influencing for the courier. Ulysses and the Think Tank are both much better examples of the courier’s social influencing. Though being able to see Legate’s scenario turning bad far in the future and being able to convince Legate of this, despite him being slightly insane and having been trying to have this war for years, should be a good feat of social influencing.

I will say this thread can be closed because the courier’s profile is out of date, but the courier has ap above 9-B (and 9-A durability so why are you even calling him a 9-B for this fight), can ignore durability in a few ways, and massively out ranges Geralt. This fight is not one sided for either side and I can see why people would vote either way and I can see why people would have disagreements on certain things (like would the courier’s social influencing work.) Compared to many other matches this one is messy, but not a stomp.

“Ya know,Courier with the confirmed bachelor perk can go gay”

Or they could be a girl and have the black widow perk.

Lowkey,he did that to Legate Lanius.
I know that it's pointless to disprove this, but as a Legion fanboy, I'll have to stop you right there. Legate Lanius isn't 100% a brute. The reason why he's treated like that is because his fellow legionnaires fear him and the Legion civilians and haters see him as such because of his past actions (Killing off nearly the entirety of his tribe after it surrendered to Caesar, ripping a brahmin in half because it stood in his way). When you meet him, he's literally just standing there, waiting for you to talk to him, and his convo proves that he is willing to listen to reason and what-not despite being bloodthirsty. You never convince him to side with you or to not kill you, he straight up says "wow bro ur good with words i hope youre as good with weapons and that there will be more people like you so i can kill them too lol" before running away to come up with a better way of whooping your ass.

With my boring rant out of the way, I'll now try to respond to the actual arguments presented here.

I'm not sure where V.A.T.S. is being discussed but it makes no sense for it to only be perception manipulation because it also makes you draw and shoot faster, especially in Fallout 4.

As far as I know there's no official confirmation of how it works, but all evidence points either to time-stop or perception AND statistic amplification.

So it's a speed amp, plain and simple. Literally the same as Max Payne's Bullet-Time, Tanjiro's See-Through World, or even Geralt's own Blizzard that was previously treated as Time Slow, even though it's just perception manipulation. Very common in fiction.

Sorry, I needed to
Hey buddy, you got the wrong thread. The vs debate is two blocks down.

Okay, enough messing around, time to write something actually meaningful here. also good tastes schnee

Yes, V.A.T.S somewhat manipulates Courier's perception last I checked, and it also gives him a higher chance of landing a more powerful attack (read: crits). It's also not passive, as Courier Six first needs to pull out whatever weapon he's holding first and then he'll be able to use it. Although we don't have much lore on V.A.T.S (unsurprising, since it was just a targetting system in the classic Fallouts), Fallout 4 does state that it is some sort of advanced technology that was lost to time, and that the Institute was trying to implement the thing into their own synths. Curiously, while the V.A.T.S on Courier's Pip-Boy stops time, Sole Survivor's simply slows it down. So it's... possibly a weird amalgamation of time and perception manipulation.

Back