• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Leviathan of Stories (Top of the DC Cosmology?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So while watching a pretty good video on DC's Cosmology (I highly reccomend it btw) the creator concludes that the top of DC's Hierarchy is an Super Entity known as the Leviathan of Stories. Encompassing and embodying every single reality that ever was or wasn't. Each infinite plane of existence expands upon forever with no top or bottom, simply infinite layers on top of different layers with every reality being a part of it. Even suggesting that Overvoid is just another piece/story within its body among infinite.

I time stamped when it's mentioned: https://youtu.be/7b0PktXUqD4?t=1457

WHICH would then make this Entity, the Leviathan akin to a Yog Sothoth of the DC Multiverse. Which sounds awesome, except I've never EVER heard of this thing before. I would very much love to learn more about it though. Currently The Monitor Mind is the top being in the DC Hierarchy, Tier 0 if memory serves me correct. Being waaaay beyond multiversal, hyperversal, and indeed outversal. If this Leviathan is higher then the Overvoid would that just mean Overvoid would be Tier 1? I've seen some scans that suggest that each layer of the Leviathan is infinitely bigger then the last. Making the Leviathan a literal sea of infinities, which makes sense because many infinities are bigger then others.

Does anyone else know anything about The Leviathan of Stories and where I can read more about it? And if this was indeed reviewed before how come we don't see it in VS Battle Wiki?

Theres no evidence to suggest the leviathan or The Unwritten created by vertigo is in the same verse as they are different cosmology and The Unwritten only being other work of Vertigo

Maxnumb231 said:
Theres no evidence to suggest the leviathan or The Unwritten created by vertigo is in the same verse as they are different cosmology and The Unwritten only being other work of Vertigo
Oh that's weird. So the YouTuber is just making a broad assumption?

I don't think they share the same verse even if The Comic is published by Vertigo.

And it was already evaluated to be 1-A -- Here.

Also, your best bet if you want to learn more about it shoul be asking the people who participed in its creation of profile, more exactly Sandman31.

What the creator of the video stated:

"I literally included the scans of Wilson Taylor talking about Superman and the House of Secrets and House of Mystery being within the Leviathan. It's definitely canon to DC. Also just so you know Vertigo is just the publishing company for DCs comics that are aimed at adults. They aren't part of a separate verse."

^a lot of Vertigo titles are stand alone and are completely cut off from the DCU (Fables, Preacher etc)

Anyway, Wilson Taylor talking about Supes and the House of Mystery and Secrets making an appearance doesnt really confirm anything. Its just because of how the Unritten cosmology function

Mike Carey: In a sense, it's inevitable that it does. It can play either way. In UNWRITTEN, all stories create their own worlds just by virtue of being told, often enough to leave that indelible mark on human consciousness.

Bill Willingham: Yeah, I think the conversation started between Peter and I recognizing either book could actually take place in the pages of the other book. The structure of UNWRITTEN is that it's conceivable they can enter the stories of Fables someday.

All story exists in Unwritten, including DC stories but that doesnt confirm if its really a legit part of the DCU.

He didnt appear in the comics. I think he was mentioned. Mike Carey said in an interview that they asked DC if they could use Superman but DC refused so they have to create the Tinker character

Thank you for helping out. Since the question has been answered, should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back