• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Last Dragonborn vs Rumplestiltskin

Uhh... That can actually be a problem since if he trys to go for something he'd have to aim then the teleportaion is gonna be a bitch.

With precog Rumple will see non of his attacks work and be like "yea **** this" BFR. Goes home to make some gold.

ehh but i can easily just say Dov can stop time and end it

you see how this can keep going back and forth?

@Green

As you pointed out he has a plethra of ways of going about it so it's unreliable to say that'd be his go to. Whereas Rumple would likely find out almost immediatly via precog that BFR is the way to go. Rumple has the more reliable method therefore Rumple > Dov.

Aizenishere said:
@Green
As you pointed out he has a plethra of ways of going about it so it's unreliable to say that'd be his go to. Whereas Rumple would likely find out almost immediatly via precog that BFR is the way to go. Rumple has the more reliable method therefore Rumple > Dov.
That's literally what everybody says involving this character. One idiot said he wouldn't use his hax and the guy with little to no hax but has higher AP wins because of it.

@Green

Maybe because that's the case? More options doesn't mean insta-win and can be a hinderance sometimes.

What you're describing rn I don't get though... If he can slow time he'd slow it before getting dick slapped. So idk what those people are on about in terms of that. But here there's like little to no action required for Rumple so Dov wouldn't see it coming.

@Aizenishere Not really, i usually explain how Dov's abilities will counteract the other.

What degree of Precog does he have anyway? Sometimes people lie about a characters Precog and try to pass it off as one that can see into the future seconds to minutes beforehand.

In general m8 when someone has 1 trump card compared to someone with 5 and the person with 1 likely knows they'll have to pull out their trump card. The safe bet is that person > Someone with many but don't know if they'll use em cuz they just have THAT many abilities.

He can see relevant bits of the future.

I don't know who these characters are so I'm gonna use their profiles:

From what I see in their profiles and the comments here, Mr. Gold's powers and abilities are connected to magic and Dovah can absorb magic, so Dovah obviously has an advantage here. However, there are some powers that Mr. Gold can effect the boundaries like BFR and precognition.

Both have some of the same powers like Time Stop, Reality Warping, Healing, Transmutation, Telekinesis, etc.

But there is something bothering me from these two: Dovah's Intangibility and Mr. Gold's Power Nullification, which works like unable to harm the person.

How are they supposed hurt each other? Please give me an answer.

@Kellex the intangibility is overkill and exactly why BFR is the way to go for Rumple. As for the Power Null again it's something the OP would have to answer because I don't know how effective it is to the fullest extent.

Does BFR have any limits and would Power Null work here? As in leave all of Dovs hax useless since he can't "harm" Rumple

BFR only counts as victory if the opponent cannot come back for at least one week. Also, Rumple can send him to anywhere he wants... likely, the Infinite Forest, the Dark Realm, the World Behind the Mirror etc.

Power Null can yes work. It is a spell that prevents the enemie of doing any harm to an specific person. He used it on Regina, so she couldn't harm Snow White. Result: She attacked her with a knife and nothing happened.

No. He only needs to wave his hand and the opponent disappears.

Yes. He said Regina couldn't do any harm to Snow White and Prince Charming. Absolutely no harm.

Spell = Magic

Since Mr Gold's powers are magic based, I could argue that it wouldn't work.

For example. Let's say Person A has BFR and Power Null and it's not reliant on magic. It's his own powers. This would be an automatic stomp.

Person B is the guy with BFR and Power Null, but it's all magic.

Resistance does not equal immunity and unless you can show Dov has resisted BFR and or being Power Nulled then both of us could argue all day and we'd never reach a conclusion.

Even with 100% magic resistance and absorption, Harkon still teleports you outside his castle if you refuse his offer.

I'm thinking Gold could BFR him to the infinite forest

Also, even with 100% magic resistance and absorption, Brelyna stills turns you into a series of animals during her spell test. Transmutation is also a valid point.

TheOwnMagic said:
Also, even with 100% magic resistance and absorption, Brelyna stills turns you into a series of animals during her spell test. Transmutation is also a valid point.
That's a scripted event m8

Transmutation? u srs

Ahh, but Magic Resist is never shown to work against anything but direct magical/elemental damage. Seems like people are giving it qualities it doesn't have.

I'm really not. Magic resistance has only ever been shown to work against things like elemental destruction spells. Transmutation and BFR and still fair game

Magic resistance is magic resistance. Period. This includes other spells like paralysis. All because Skyrim doesn't have NPC's warp reality against you doesn't mean it won't work.

Back