• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Last Dragonborn vs Rumplestiltskin

lol most people will agree that scripted cutscenes that don't give a shit about your stats don't scale a characters abilities unless it stated it scales it. Like if link got banished to another realm and he curses that his magic resistance didn't help at all. But in this case it doesn't, its scripted and forced to happen

Dovahkiin could be a 1-A with all the hax in the world, but he would still have to listen to harkon talk and eventually " banish " him. The game in this moment doesn't care what stats, abilities, powers you have. It's a scripted event. You have to follow the story/questline as it was intended until you finally get to godstomp him in the end.

A scripted cutscene is part of the plot

What is shown in the plot >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> What is shown in stats and gameplay.

You are simply arguing ad naseum.

>discuss

You mean repeat the same fallacious argument again with little regard for the logical holes in it?

Green and SITHISIT are arguing that the Dragonborn being able to gain 100% spell absorption / 85% magic resistance means that practically nothing Gold has will work seeing as he just uses magic.

Everyone else is arguing that the Dragonborn has no resistance to things like magical BFR or being transformed into an animal, seeing as Harkon was able to teleport the Dragonborn from his castle, and Breylna was able to turn the Dragonborn into a cow regardless of how much magic resist / absorption Dragonborn stacks.

Green and SITHISIT's counter argument to this boils down to "game statistics are more important than plot events"

A couple of the others (including Mister Spongeboi over there) believe that Dovah's magical resistance grants him absolute resistance to any and all magic, despite in-game events showing that he can be transmuted and BFR'd despite his resistances. They also believe that the game's scripted events don't count because they contradict gameplay.

Me, Monarch and Aizen believe otherwise.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Alright thank you for the information.

I can agree with Dovakiin being resistant to Transmutation to a certain extent however I don't remember anything in Skyrim that would give him resistance to BFR.

BFR and transmutation should be able to effect the Dragonborn as I don't remember any items, potions or even armours that made him resistant to Transmutation or BFR.

And Plot Events should be more important rather than Game Statistics.

Anyhow I'll go inconclusive. Both have attacks that can't one shot each other. Seems more like whoever hits first with hax wins.

Thing is thought, Rumple has Type 8 immortality on the dagger.

So he's more likely to actually survive the first hit and successfully get his own hit off.

He can also teleport, so it's not like he has no means of avoiding whatever attacks don't involve time-stop.

He seems capable of pulling off his kills at multiple ranges, as well. I've seen his transmutation, and it's the "turn people into whatever he wants just by pointing at them" variety. Heart-ripping covers melee, and BFR covers long range.

Fair points. So then Rumple should take this for the reasons above.

So about this dagger. Like is it always with Him or is it located somewhere else? Also why is Auriels Now restricted exactly?

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Shouldn't that be disabled? Seems somewhat unfair to me.

@Knight

Rumple has precog + teleport so anything short of time stop won't be too much of an issue. Aswell, via the precog it's likely he'll figure out which of his attacks will work before Dov.

Almost positive the precog refers to this, which is not combat-applicable.

Not that he really needs it, but still.

Admittedly, it's been some time since I followed OUAT, so I'm not sure if that's all he has. He may have a more readily-usable form of precog that I don't know about.

Or he may have developed his Foresight abilities to the point that he can use them during fights. Either-or.

I went by what OP said and he has the man on his fookin prfile pic so haha. I guess we'll find out when he responds.

Either way, I'd say I can feel quite confident in giving my vote to Gold on this one. Type 8 means he's more likely to survive if he gets hit first, and he has reliable means of ending Dovah at every range.

Also, do any of Dovah's weapons have any protection from spells? Because Gold's transmutation also works for turning weapons into water.

Doubt it.

Daedric artifacts could probably resist though, seeing as I doubt the Daedra want symbols of their power on nirn being turned into water

Fair enough. Still, assuming he doesn't just cut out the middleman and turn Dovah into a cat or something, whatever unprotected weapons he has are probably going to be nulled.

Sticking with Gold. He's got this.

I...don't know, actually. Isn't it just a sun-based weapon that can deal AoE explosion damage when a specific type of arrows are used with it?

I mean, AoE explosive arrows are cool and all, but I don't see how they would make the match unfair or anything.

Not even AoE explosion damage. Don't remember it ever doing that.

It can shoot an arrow into the sun to cause it to rain sunfire/become really dark.

Ah, right. Yeah, I might have gotten it mixed with something else for a moment. That's what it does.

...Still. Don't see how that changes much in a fight against a person who can teleport and is basically unkillable as long as he has a dagger on his person.

I restricted Auriel's Bow because of its speed. It shoots an arrow to the sun which reaches it in likely 3 seconds.

oh look here monarch goes again twisting what I say. I said that RPGs have spell and armor builds designed to give you stacked on effects from the armor that assists you in the game, such as, magical absorption. However there are so many builds in the game that the game does not care what your build is, nor does it care about how high your spell absorption is. If spell absorption was the only build in the game then it would be applicable that Harkon BFRing him scaled his spell absorption. However there are hundreds of effects that can be turned into a build. And the game will just think you are simply using any old random armor. That's what scripted events are, events coded into the game and forced to happen to progress and follow the lore and story.

the lore does not say Dovahkiin had a spell absorption build the second he got transmutated or BFR'd. That is up to the player if they wanted that as their build. But, the game nor the story doesn't account that DV can have a spell absorption build

I also think that scripted events take precedence over game mechanics/ gameplay. Furthermore, I think game mechanics are useless for the purpose of vsbattle.

Magic absorption is a part of the lore, but I don't think it has much in the way of impressive feats. How it is used in the games seems to be purely game mechanics.

Well before i go any further, I want to just point out that since Rumpel's precog is not combat applicable and there's no instance of him using spatial manipulation besides portal locating, any votes regaring those two should be removed.

Here's a link to Dovahkiin's specific powers in detail. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1155286#35

And here's a link where i continue the conversation and explain my reasoning https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Monarch_Laciel

Also is daedric artfifacts allowed in this battle? I see Rumpel using equipment

o_O

I was the only one to bring up BOTH of those and dropped them as soon as I learned they weren't combat applicable so no actually no votes have to be removed.

Cool.

Since we now his precog is not combat applicable, that gives more reason that Dovahkiin can take this.

Read this and i recommend looking at Soul Tear and Marked For Death

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1155286#35

Since Rumpel won't be able to use his precog, he won't know that the Dragonborn has lots of ways to one shot him.

If we include daedric artifacts then Dovah has One Hit Kill and a superior transmutation

"superior transmutation"

If you are talking about Wabbajack, then it's not combat applicable, as its effect is unpredictable. It could both turn Rumple into a cake or give him the powers of a Dremora Lord.

Back