• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The King of Demon Gods vs the Supreme Master of the Nine Hells

Goetia
"My feat! My ideal! Know the true purpose of my birth! This planet will be reborn! All life will become the past! Sing your praises. My name is Goetia! Human Order Incineration Ritual, King of Demon Gods, Goetia!"

AsmodeusRender
"I have heard it said evil is nothing more than good's absence, as if evil was the darkness to good's light. A comforting thought, I imagine, for those seeking redemption, but, I tell you, put such thoughts from your mind. You need only peer into a demon's eyes to know evil is not some vacuum waiting for virtue to come and fill its emptiness. Evil is a force. It is an influence in the cosmos, an agency equal to or perhaps even greater than its antithesis. There are two sides in this eternal struggle, one light and the other dark. You might find evil's works reprehensible, yet to those whose hearts belong to corruption, good deeds are equally deplorable. Understand, there is no redemption, only treason against the side you were born to serve."

Goetia (Fate/Grand Order) vs Asmodeus (D&D)
Who will Win?

Both are Full Power

Speed Equalized

Goetia: 0

Asmodeus: 2

Tie: 0

I assume we're looking at 2-A vs 2-A. So let's go with that.

Can Goetia even affect a Type 1 Abstract. He doesn't have Type 2 Concept Manip, or Concept Manip at all. So theoretically this match starts with both doing their win cons and, outside of all other factors, Goetia not really affecting Asmodeus since he is purely abstract.

Hl3 or bust said:
All Servants can affect conceptually nonexistent things, which should be above type 1 abstracts.
Fair enough, I'll take your word for it. Now then, respond to Overlord, if you will, my good sir. Because he's right, except the number ten is pretty low. I could go grab a more exact number if absolutely needed, but let's first establish whether or not Goetia can... you know, deal with the first few.

After that, I'll point out that, the second the battle starts, Asmodeus instantly knows everything about the fight and whips out a move that instantly wins the battle for him. Since he has Precog on the level of at least 16 weeks (I dunno his divine rank in his 2-A key, but they're all 16-20) to the slightest detail. And his arsenal of magical abilities is very nearly infinite and I'm willing to bet homeboy Goetia doesn't resist them all.

I dunno...just looking at Asmo's profile, they look pretty even in a match.

However, one thing to keep in mind is that Goetia's 2-A form includes all 72 Demon Pillars at full power, including Goetia himself.

The Observatory-Intel Room combo would give him the same level of knowledge Asmo has and would prevent an instant win from the enemy.

It's something of a stretch, but Goetia can just consign Asmo's attacks to the Disposal Chute where they perish. Even if Asmo knows about it, he can't do anything about the stuff he's already thrown at his enemy.

After the first round, he does a strategic retreat to his temple and can hold a stable stalemate with a decent chance of winning.

---

This isn't a battle to the death, so I really think Asmo would find kindred spirit in some of the Demon PIllars, and he and Goetia would have a lot to talk about.

BB could strike up a friendship with Nyalarthotep, so Goetia and Asmo befriending each other isn't weird at all.

Is it just me that I want some of these fights to end in a nice chat over some afternoon tea?

I'm aware of what's on Asmodeus' profile. But you're making a vast generalization and ignoring everything on the profile. Asmodeus resists basically everything on Goetia's profile, and has hax for days outside of that.

This means nothing.

Outstanding. How does he capitalize on that? At all?

Not every win con relies on an attack. Asmodeus could very easily just seal/soul/bfr/concept/time/space/causality/etc Goetia to death in quite literally an instant.

Unlikely given everything I've said but alright.

No, he wouldn't. Devils are much alike in their beliefs and ambitions. They backstab and quite literally devour each other alive on the daily. The life of a devil is one of cutting off the legs of those above you and kicking those below you. There is no such thing as a kindred spirit in Hell. Everyone would kill their ally in a single heartbeat given ample reason to do so.

I apologize but your ideas do not reasonably line up.

I'll just chalk that up to my lack of knowledge in D&D.

For those specific things you mentioned, though, Goetia can directly negate some of them with Nega Summon and resist the others. Asmodeus originates from Hell (at least, that's how it would be counted), and yeeting him to Central Park can be defined as 'summoning him there'. Nega Summon would work--only he would need to know about them because Asmo is definitely not a Servant. this is how he'd capitalize on it.

Sorry for being a pacifist...

How many layers are there to Goetia's resistances? Also... no. Goetia did not summon him to Central Park. Nobody did. That is off SBA.

And, again, instant hax from Asmodeus.

Pick a D&D page, find an ability, that. It doesn't matter what ability, as a deity, Asmodeus has access to any spell, of which there are nigh on infinite numbers.

But he still needs to pick them right? Then Goetia's eyesight can still soulhax him before he can do that. I don't see resistance to it and it should at least negate basic resistance.

Soulhax resistance is easy and does indeed exist. Very few profiles have any resistances on them since the actual amount is just... really large. We're talking about a verse where standard resistances include Bone Manipultion, Healing, and Statistics Amplification. Some commo examples of soul manip that can be resisted by guys waaaaay lower than Asmodeus.

Does he need to?

Well even if a single one Demon Pillar remain in Imaginary Number Space, or just Solomon still exists, they can still appear in their pocket dimension outside of time if they're in trouble.

Fight Starts

Asmodeus thinks

Fight Ends

Nasuverse is no where near close enough to be comparable to decently strong 2As let alone f-ing Dungeons and Dragons

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
Well even if a single one Demon Pillar remain in Imaginary Number Space, or just Solomon still exists, they can still appear in their pocket dimension outside of time if they're in trouble.
I mean cool but all of the DnD big tiers are affecting acausal guys left and right.

Unless Imaginary Number Space has 8-D sheningans going on, Asmodeus would simply be able to nuke Ars Paulina too

Asmodeus moved the Abyss, which is infinite layers, each of which has the cosmological size of an infinite multiverse. He also scales to Mystra who just damaged the multiverse all together, of which there are infinite planes comparable in size to the Abyss.

Asmodeus can just AP Goetia to death in that case

Now Goetia needs a win con or its a stomp

Prolly not hundreds but it's high, sure.

The former.

Think of it like infinite variations of that layer.

As a note, Asmodeus' portfolio (so the thing that gives him precog) is Sin. So in this case, he can sense any Sin 16 weeks in advance. Now while good, Sin is also really abstract so I don't know how much it'll apply in this fight. I guess fighting is a Sin maybe? If so then its a pretty massive advantage to have.

Yeah in case my previous posts didn't make it clear, Asmodeus Stomps. Goetia has basically no win con

Back