• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Furious Feathered Fighters (Tizoc vs. Kenku) (Voting Completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
In the still of night, in the great arena where fighters come to test their mettle during the day, the shadows bled a figure who quietly made his way through the empty rows of seats which usually are filled with the overeager patrons of the constant competitions. The figure slipped through the ropes surrounding the ring in the middle of the stadium, and looked up to see his prize, a gold-plated belt with the words "King of Fighters" branded on it. A piece like this would be worth a fortune, he thought, and pulled out a blade from his cloak in order to cut it down.

Suddenly, the lights of the arena blared to life, and he shielded his eyes from the blinding whiteness around him. Once his eyes adjusted to the light, he looked up to see the belt had been raised well out of his reach, much to his chagrin. A booming laughter echoed through the stadium, and he turned to see a shirtless man standing in front of the opposite entrance, wearing a large bird mask on top of his head. "So, the rumors that someone was after my belt weren't misleading. Guess it was wise to stay after hours, then."

A low growl emanated from under the cloaked figure's hood as the bird-headed man continued down the stairs. "Don't worry about any authorities coming here. I didn't alert any of them. In fact, I'm even willing to give you my champion's belt. However..." The man suddenly bounded into the air from half-way down the stairs and landed on the closest corner post with ease. "...there is a condition to my generosity. My title isn't the King of Fighters for nothing. You may have it if you happen to defeat me in a fight. What do you say?"

The cloaked figure remained quiet for a short time, before slowly taking a hand and pulling off his hood, revealing the head of a corvid, one that appeared far more real than the one this masked man wore now. The cloaked bird then dipped down into a fighting stance, his already unsheathed blade steady in his hand, to which the man opposite of his merely chuckled. "I see you aren't afraid of brandishing a weapon. That's more than fine. I can defeat you regardless of any tricks you may bring. Now, let us see who is the real champion!" The bell rang, and both bird-headed men charged toward each other with the sole intent of victory.

In the blue corner, we have Tizoc from Fatal Fury, and in the red corner, we have the Kenku from Dungeons & Dragons.

tizok-k3.jpg
5e-plat-heist-ec22.jpg

• This is a battle to the death or incapacitation. No holds barred.
  • Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.
  • Neither character are allowed any outside help.
  • This battle takes place in the Universal Arena, giving Tizoc the home-field advantage.
  • The Kenku Ringleader is used in this battle.
  • Speed is equalized.
With all this being said, let the debate begin!

• World Champion: 0
  • Stealth Master: 0
  • Inconclusive: 8 (SamanPatou, CrackerVolley, Tonygameman, Tllmbrg, Peppersalt43, BoastJr, Starter_Pack, Mariogoods)

Last edited:
Anyways I'll lay out the edges as I see it:

Kenku:

Better AP/Durability/Striking Strength (x2.87 in Kenku's favor)
Better range (Their various weapons would allow to strike Tizoc from a safe range where he can't counter attack)
Bodily Weaponry (If Tizoc ever gets too close or grapples this could be used to cause great harm)
Mimicry could be used to throw Tizoc's guard what with their good social abilities (Even just bluffing him out with dangerous sounds)

Tizoc:
Better LS (Ringleader basically can't ever escape the grab, just try to get him to release it through sheer pain, although I will note that off his page it doesn't seem like he ever resorts to just strangling someone until they pass out)
Better hand to hand combat skills (Idk how good he is against weapon users but he outclasses the Kenku in martial arts so)
Damage Boost could help reducing the gap in AP
Acrobatics makes him harder to hit (Although his frame is large so eh on how good it'll be against the Kenku)

Ig my main question would be how good he is at dealing with weapon users?
The Kenku is no slouch in skill too, especially the Ringleader.
The Ringleader is superior in direct combat to the Sneak who is a CR 1 creature in 3.5e which means it can take on an entire group of first level of adventurers and pose them a challenge.
This means it can take on monks who are expert martial artists while they are being supported by magic users and other melee fighters so

Rn I lean towards the Kenku through superior range, AP and being skilled enough to maintain the distance edge

Your ignorance only stokes the flames, bringing them to yet higher heights.

Now to give an actual answer for Starter, as I'm sure my antics are dealing psychic damage by this point...

I assume super attacks are not a spammable thing, so the damage boost gain from that is (most likely) not going to offset the Kenku, even with Tizoc being considerably more skilled than your average bird. On the other hand, I think the Kenku's voice throwing is not going to be particularly useful, though Stealth might (getting in a disgusting extra attack at a critical moment may be all it takes).

It is a tough call but I think the Kenku's AP advantage makes the biggest difference here, so I will vote for Kenku (that is, until I am proven wrong and can turn my vote against Tllmbrg).

Better range (Their various weapons would allow to strike Tizoc from a safe range where he can't counter attack)
While true, I'd say this is sort of situational, because in melee Tizoc kinda has a sort of range advantage through size (215 cm vs. 150 cm), and the Kenku could be caught off guard by acrobatic attacks, especially grabs such as Active Tupon.

Tizoc:
Better LS (Ringleader basically can't ever escape the grab, just try to get him to release it through sheer pain, although I will note that off his page it doesn't seem like he ever resorts to just strangling someone until they pass out)
That is mostly dependant on the fact that fighting games can't allow you to strangle the opponent to death, but as a wrestler he shouldn't be stranger to such tactics.

Damage Boost could help reducing the gap in AP
Using the same logic with which the main calc for the series was made, it should be about 2 or 3x.

Acrobatics makes him harder to hit (Although his frame is large so eh on how good it'll be against the Kenku)
He is kinda used at leaping around despite his large frame, and can jump as high as it takes to reach the ceiling of the arena.

Ig my main question would be how good he is at dealing with weapon users?
He comes from a world where it isn't strange to face people who can project energy or other elements, so he shouldn't be totally helpless when put in front of a bow user. Likewise, while we don't know who has Tizoc exactly fought, he might have stumbled upon Hokutomaru, or be at least skilled enough to keep up with him, who is a katana user roughly the same size of a Kenku.

The Ringleader is superior in direct combat to the Sneak who is a CR 1 creature in 3.5e which means it can take on an entire group of first level of adventurers and pose them a challenge.
This means it can take on monks who are expert martial artists while they are being supported by magic users and other melee fighters so
Tizoc is among the best fighters of his time and is equal to masters of unorthodox styles who also use various abilities such as superhuman acrobatics, elemental control and projection, teleportation and such.

Some other factors could be the arena, which Tizoc could exploit to corner the Kenku, make use of his acrobatics, or slam them against the walls/ropes and ceiling with Hercules Throw and Big Fall Griffon.

Tizoc might also situationally disarm the Kenku with LS or by making him lose grip if he were to land attacks which result in the Kenku having their head slammed onto some surface.

While true, I'd say this is sort of situational, because in melee Tizoc kinda has a sort of range advantage through size (215 cm vs. 150 cm), and the Kenku could be caught off guard by acrobatic attacks, especially grabs such as Active Tupon.
Ig, but the Kenku would likely try to stay away from the dude so eh
That is mostly dependent on the fact that fighting games can't allow you to strangle the opponent to death, but as a wrestler he shouldn't be stranger to such tactics.
I mean sure he would know how to do it but if he's used to using his LS to mainly toss people around he'd likely go for it most of the time y'know?
Using the same logic with which the main calc for the series was made, it should be about 2 or 3x.
So often can he preform a super attack, I assume it takes a bit of time right?
He is kinda used at leaping around despite his large frame, and can jump as high as it takes to reach the ceiling of the arena.
Aren't most stuff thrown at him larger then either a chain or a slingshot round?
I imagine it'd be tougher for him to see the latter mid air and dodge it
He comes from a world where it isn't strange to face people who can project energy or other elements, so he shouldn't be totally helpless when put in front of a bow user. Likewise, while we don't know who has Tizoc exactly fought, he might have stumbled upon Hokutomaru, or be at least skilled enough to keep up with him, who is a katana user roughly the same size of a Kenku.
I feel like the fact it's unknown if he has or has not fought someone with weapons kinda makes the Kenku have more relevant experience here
At the very least it's more likely to be skilled enough to hold its own against Tizoc then the latter is to be good against weapon users
Some other factors could be the arena, which Tizoc could exploit to corner the Kenku, make use of his acrobatics, or slam them against the walls/ropes and ceiling with Hercules Throw and Big Fall Griffon.
Honestly the Kenku has a good chance to just go outside the ring, get a better position to just pelt the stones at Tizoc and so on.
They don't really have a sense of honor at all, at the very least it could cut the ropes with its claws
Tizoc might also situationally disarm the Kenku with LS or by making him lose grip if he were to land attacks which result in the Kenku having their head slammed onto some surface.
Ig with the chain?
Idk how that'd work with the sling though

I mean sure he would know how to do it but if he's used to using his LS to mainly toss people around he'd likely go for it most of the time y'know?
Yes, but I'd also say he'd try to use his superiority to crush the Kenku's wrist, block his arms or else, it's a factor of common sense. Also, he does have a move called Grif-Hug which is basically him bear hugging the opponent.

So often can he preform a super attack, I assume it takes a bit of time right?
The common assumption on the matter, regarding all fighting games, is that super attacks are either moves the characters use not really often under standard assumption, or which consume more stamina than usual.

Aren't most stuff thrown at him larger then either a chain or a slingshot round?
I imagine it'd be tougher for him to see the latter mid air and dodge it
Kinda, but at the same time it can be argued his experience with airborne and grounded projectiles gives him some experience with them. Also, how good is the Kenku at dealing with flying and acrobatic targets?

I feel like the fact it's unknown if he has or has not fought someone with weapons kinda makes the Kenku have more relevant experience here
At the very least it's more likely to be skilled enough to hold its own against Tizoc then the latter is to be good against weapon users
This is correct

Honestly the Kenku has a good chance to just go outside the ring, get a better position to just pelt the stones at Tizoc and so on.
They don't really have a sense of honor at all, at the very least it could cut the ropes with its claws
It depends on how fast and nimbly he manages to run off without exposing himself to attacks. Besides, Tizoc is used at fighting in a variety of places (streets, docks, trains, forests...) so he isn't going to be taken off guard by a change of battlefield.

Ig with the chain?
Idk how that'd work with the sling though
What do you mean? Like, it's entirely possible for the Kenku to scratch or stab Tizoc while he's being restrained (depending on the position), but I also have to guess that the Kenku could lose grip were it to be slammed head-first hard enough onto the floor or else.

This match does seem to have both oppositions with valid win conditions and it seems too close to tell which one has a more likelihood then the other.

Conclusion : Inconclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back