• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

THE HYPE PAYED OFF

LordXcano

VS Battles
Retired
Anime finally gives us a time for the Boros kick, and it's less than 1.4 seconds B)

FTL kick to the Moon, this scales to Saitama for obvious reasons B))))))))))))))))))))))

Is the anime even the primary canon?

Bruh the cinematic timeing in there is well very abusable

SomebodyStupid said:
Its actually tertiary cannon but we are uing composites for opm until there are massive contradictions

it's not even the primary canon and you are justifying it with cinematic time.. It won't be happening

Celestial Pegasus said:
SomebodyStupid said:
Its actually tertiary cannon but we are uing composites for opm until there are massive contradictions
Wasn't there a sub rel calc for that feat for the manga?

the Primary Canona is Ones Story get it into your Head pls. We need evalute from him since it his his first draft on how things play out

SomebodyStupid said:
Celestial Pegasus said:
SomebodyStupid said:
Wasn't there a sub rel calc for that feat for the manga?
I think there was it came out to sub relativistic

LordAizenSama said:
it's not even the primary canon and you are justifying it with cinematic time.. It won't be happening
Cinematic time is the only time we have tho

@Somebody That calc literally just estimated the time it took to get from the Moon to Earth without any justification for it, they just went "Eh, this amount of minutes looks good"

LordXcano said:
LordAizenSama said:
@Somebody That calc literally just estimated the time it took to get from the Moon to Earth without any justification for it, they just went "Eh, this amount of minutes looks good"
considering that dbz isnt gonna use cinematic timing either, I doubt that it'll be implemented

TheArcosian said:
the Primary Canona is Ones Story get it into your Head pls. We need evalute from him since it his his first draft on how things play out
The first draft gives no time-frame nor any means to tell the time

SomebodyStupid said:
considering that dbz isnt gonna use cinematic timing either, I doubt that it'll be implemented
Yeah but they also had a way to calc the time using the manga

Had it just been the anime they would've used it

LordXcano said:
we have the manga for this. And i'm certain the sub-rel is for this feat already, you would need strong proof to debunk the calc until then it would stay as legit

SomebodyStupid said:
LordXcano said:
LordAizenSama said:
They are still arguing whether to use the 4 or 17 seconds?

LordAizenSama said:
we have the manga for this. And i'm certain the sub-rel is for this feat already, you would need strong proof to debunk the calc until then it would stay as legit
Strong evidence: They literally just make up a figure

"Not sure of the circumstances, but yeah.
I heard about that one.
Like I said though, doesn't appear that it's feasible for more than a minute to have passed in total, if that, on account of the sheer strain of Boros' transformation and the sheer stupidity of keeping it up when he's just wasting precious stamina he might need.
Also, anyone able to be ****** enough to get the DC for this feat, or is that going to fall on me?"

"Yeah, as far as time frames go, a minute is pushing it contextually (the **** is Boros doing in a form that he notes is so ******* taxing a minute later, right?)
Which would mean up and back would be about 30 seconds a piece."

In fact, both of the quotes the calc gives for evidence for their speed agree that it would've been a short-ass timespan

If you have a problem with the calc and wanted the timeframe looked at again that is much more reasonable, but what you're trying to do (cinematic timing off of non-primary canon) is never going to happen unfortunately.

LordAizenSama said:
If you have a problem with the calc and wanted the timeframe looked at again that is much more reasonable, but what you're trying to do (cinematic timing off of non-primary canon) is never going to happen unfortunately.
The entire calc is a problem because they based it on a variable that they just made up.

It's like if I said "Well Spider-Man must've crossed this distance in 0.0000000000001 seconds because it looks fast and he says it's fast"

This is literally the only timeframe we have, so it's the only one we can use

And it's the only timeframe we'll EVER have because you literally cannot calc the kick speed

"a variable they just made up" is exactly what Madhouse did..

and again this is not the primary canon so it wouldn't be acceptable anyway.

LordAizenSama said:
I mean the people doing the calc made up the variable

Also, we're using composites because there aren't any contradictions

And the anime is canon because both ONE and Murata had heavy involvment in it

LordXcano said:
LordAizenSama said:

It doesn't matter if its canon or not the Manga timeframe>Anime timeframe because of what @Aizen said abuse of cinematic timing.

LordXcano said:
LordAizenSama said:

One Punch man is completely gauged off the manga iirc, we are not going off the web comic or anime at all, regardless of whether there is contradictions or not. it is not a composite profile

GTgokussj4 said:
CHILLVIBEZZ said:
The manga has no time frame what are you talking about?
Well they used the Manga to find the speed which is always more accurate and consistant most of the time.
No, they didn't. They gave 2 quotes to support the timeframe both of which literally said "it was short so let's say 30 seconds".

Plus, that's with Saitama's jump not the kick anyway, you're providing wrong evidence.

The anime is the most accurate timeframe was have because it's the only timeframe we have, there is literally no reason to not use it.

LordAizenSama said:
LordXcano said:
LordAizenSama said:
One Punch man is completely gauged off the manga iirc, we are not going off the web comic or anime at all, regardless of whether there is contradictions or not. it is not a composite profile
A little while ago there was a discussion and it was settled that we'd use composites because there aren't any contradictions. That's why the Lightspeed Flash page has stats rather than "Unknown Unknown Unknown Unkown"

LordXcano said:
GTgokussj4 said:
CHILLVIBEZZ said:
The manga has no time frame what are you talking about?
Well they used the Manga to find the speed which is always more accurate and consistant most of the time.
No, they didn't. They gave 2 quotes to support the timeframe both of which literally said "it was short so let's say 30 seconds".
Plus, that's with Saitama's jump not the kick anyway, you're providing wrong evidence.

The anime is the most accurate timeframe was have because it's the only timeframe we have, there is literally no reason to not use it.
Ignore that i though we were talking about saitama.

LordXcano said:
A little while ago there was a discussion and it was settled that we'd use composites because there aren't any contradictions. That's why the Lightspeed Flash page has stats rather than "Unknown Unknown Unknown Unkown"
Isn't the sub rel calculation a contradiction to the ftl one? Also, there are a few differences already.

SomebodyStupid said:
LordXcano said:
Isn't the sub rel calculation a contradiction to the ftl one? Also, there are a few differences already.
Have you not been reading the thread? The calc is based on a timeframe that they (the calc makers) literally explicitly assumed. The calc has such little evidence for it I'm surprised it was accepted at all.

The only "contradiction" thus far is Tatsumaki throwing a meteor at a dinosaur which isn't really a difference in stats more just Tatsumaki using her powers differently.

"That kick is probably Relativistic if were using the anime."

No, I counted. It's less than 1.4 seconds.

GTgokussj4 said:
Ignore that i though we were talking about saitama.
The thing I'm using here is that Boros' kick was FTL and Saitama scales from that for obvious reasons

LordXcano said:
Have you not been reading the thread? The calc is based on a timeframe that they (the calc makers) literally explicitly assumed. The calc has such little evidence for it I'm surprised it was accepted at all.

The only "contradiction" thus far is Tatsumaki throwing a meteor at a dinosaur which isn't really a difference in stats more just Tatsumaki using her powers differently.

"That kick is probably Relativistic if were using the anime."

No, I counted. It's less than 1.4 seconds.
"Only"? you forgot 'black hole' gravity level attack, different name for Boro's big attack, and the cinematic timing

SomebodyStupid said:
"Only"? you forgot 'black hole' gravity level attack, different name for Boro's big attack, and the cinematic timing
Boros' big attack was actually translated properly, it is Collapsing Star in the Webcomic IIRC

Also, you keep saying "cinematic timing" but there's no evidence they slowed down/sped up Boros' kick

LordXcano said:
It's an informed assumption based on screwing around with a projectile motion sim to give me a rough idea of a time frame for the debris the kick hurtled into the air along with Saitama

Said debris was still well into the sky when he came crashing back down

Its only an assumption in so much that I can't bother getting a precision time frame for the debris seeing as I can't be bothered to measure the apex of the debris' travel into the air and its end point of free fall by the time we pan back to Boros and Saitama lands

ChaosTheory123 said:
LordXcano said:
It's an informed assumption based on ******* around with a projectile motion sim to give me a rough idea of a time frame for the debris the kick hurtled into the air along with Saitama

Its only an assumption in so much that I can't bother getting a precision time frame for the debris seeing as I can't be bothered to measure the apex of the debris' travel into the air and its end point of free fall by the time we pan back to Boros and Saitama lands
  • cough language filter pls

ChaosTheory123 said:
It's an informed assumption based on ******* around with a projectile motion sim to give me a rough idea of a time frame for the debris the kick hurtled into the air along with Saitama

No, they literally say "Well Boros was tired so it couldn't have been long plus there's debris still in the air"

Even then they're supporting a short timeframe? That'd make this even more consistent lol

Back