• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

THE HYPE PAYED OFF

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
@Celestial Pegasus
I don't believe anything suggested planet level Boros, unless you mean the name of his attack.
In the anime he said he was gonna destroy the planet there was no mention of only destroying the surface of the planet

@Somebody Thought I should say cinematic timing as a concept should just be dropped. It's not falsifiable.

Character X can dodge a bullet but I can just say "cinematic timing it was 1 mph" and nobody could present anything against it. You could say "but bullets are fast" but hey it's fiction fiction is weird, lasers aren't always lightspeed either.

LordXcano said:
@Somebody Thought I should say cinematic timing as a concept should just be dropped. It's not falsifiable.
Character X can dodge a bullet but I can just say "cinematic timing it was 1 mph" and nobody could present anything against it. You could say "but bullets are fast" but hey it's fiction fiction is weird, lasers aren't always lightspeed either.
For your demonstration, I believe something called logic could work. Things like lasers aren't always ls because they don't work as photon rays (or whatever its called) and authors usually have little understanding of such science.

If cinematic timeing was considered legit, speeds in verses would go haywire, FTE DBS Gods, MHS+ PMMM, and the list goes on and on. Pretty sure that this speed feat would even be considered outlier too.

SomebodyStupid said:
Pretty sure that this speed feat would even be considered outlier too.
An outlier is only an outlier if it is contradicted by later showings. If Roshi had busted the moon, and then the guy who killed him was shown to be of moon busting level in power, it wouldn't have been considered and outlier.

"FTE DBS Gods, MHS+ PMMM, and the list goes on and on. Pretty sure that this speed feat would even be considered outlier too."

IIRC the only reason DBS Gods are MFTL+ is because of their travel speed feat that had no cinematic time involved in it. Is there anything against MHS+ PMM?

Also, it can't be an outlier because Boros just boosted himself. An outlier would require a later feat to be much lower than this one.

EDIT: Think I should say travel speed shouldn't have cinematic timing applied unless it's incredibly evident. Combat speed has cinematic timing to death.

SomebodyStupid said:
Pretty sure that this speed feat would even be considered outlier too.
An outlier is only an outlier if it is contradicted by later showings. If Roshi had busted the moon, and then the guy who killed him was shown to be of moon busting level in power, it wouldn't have been considered and outlier.
I was refering to how if in the next season they fight but dont show a similar feat, then it could be considered outlier since all the cinematic timing used speeds might not be as nearly as high by someone that would be stronger than Boros

SomebodyStupid said:
I was refering to how if in the next season they fight but dont show a similar feat, then it could be considered outlier since all the cinematic timing used speeds might not be as nearly as high.
Well I mean, if one of the god tiers doesn't, I guess. I mean, there's no reason to discount a casual Saitama feat when he hasn't really struggled yet. It's not like he suddenly busted the universe at 1% power.

LordXcano said:
"FTE DBS Gods, MHS+ PMMM, and the list goes on and on. Pretty sure that this speed feat would even be considered outlier too."
IIRC the only reason DBS Gods are MFTL+ is because of their travel speed feat that had no cinematic time involved in it. Is there anything against MHS+ PMM?

Also, it can't be an outlier because Boros just boosted himself. An outlier would require a later feat to be much lower than this one.

EDIT: Think I should say travel speed shouldn't have cinematic timing applied unless it's incredibly evident. Combat speed has cinematic timing to death.
MHS+ PMMM is based on cinematic timing which while there is nothing against it, is based on cinematic timing which again can be faulty.

It's not like he suddenly busted the universe at 1% power.
Not yet. joking aside there is still an affect on the tiers of the characters

SomebodyStupid said:
Not yet. joking aside there is still an affect on the tiers of the characters
There isn't, though. The only new feat in the episode was a speed feat that scales to three people.
If Saitama says that X is the fastest enemy hes fought, and X is shown to not be anywhere Lord Boros speed level via cinematic timing, wouldn't that bring him down a notch?

SomebodyStupid said:
If Saitama says that X is the fastest enemy hes fought, and X is shown to not be anywhere Lord Boros speed level via cinematic timing, wouldn't that bring him down a notch?
Possibly? Seems like an unlikely situation for someone who isn't Garou, though.

"MHS+ PMMM is based on cinematic timing which while there is nothing against it, is based on cinematic timing which again can be faulty."

There's gotta be more than that against it like there was with the DBZ thing above. If not then I don't see why MHS+ PMMM isn't already a thing.

Back