• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hunter (Bloodborne) vs The Hunter (EtG)

He has access to lamps via SBA and Lamps are located all around the world as well as in alternate realities

Ricsi-viragosi said:
What part of SBA teleports stuff to the battlefield unless standard equipment?
When its a huge part of the Hunter's powerset, yes he has access to them

I'm pretty sure that this falls under "stuff that it's ignored to make the battle possible". Similarly to EtG Hunter being able to fight outside of the Gungeon, even if she canonically has zero ways to leave it

There is a difference between not being able to leave a place and being teleported to a lamp whenever one dies.

I mean yeah. If you prefer it's like saying that EtG Hunter is BFRd into a place that she cannot escape after the first death.

The purpose of a vs thread is to see who is stronger. Not who is favored more by SBA

The SBA itself references that if the terrain it takes place in gives too much of an advantages an adequate replacment can be added, but we in no way assume that buildings and constructions suddenly apear to give some powers to characters

If it's that big of a deal, make them fight in an empty boss room of the Gungeon with a lamp outside, this way both get their immortality and the thread can continue

so what does this mean for the strongest characters thread, both share the spot?

this is like when poeple figured out that Oryx isn't good for battles since he tends to go "**** you, i can't die" and just become stronger.

inconclusive FRA

Oof. Assuming each of all of their stuff (which pretty much goes against the idea of EtG, you have limited items), then yeah, Incon. They both fight forever since neither has a counter for that which keeps them in the fight (Time Manip, Resurrection, etc).

EtG functions essentially under standard Roguelike rules. That said, our wiki allows the bending of such rules to ensure characters are at their strongest, so I'm unsure how this would work. If our rules didn't allow this, my vote goes to BB Hunter, albeit under immense difficulty. EtG Hunter would have a random assortment of their abilities gained from the Gungeon. Nothing guarantees they'd have even their top tier abilities.

Don't get me wrong, I'm much less knowledgeable on Gungeon (I've watched about 30 hours or so of stream footage but that's about it, never played). So I could be wrong. But their Time Manip (which is the main thing keeping them from getting torn down), that comes from a handful of items that aren't incredibly common. Even cloned bodies aren't a thing they always have. And finally, would SBA cause the Gungeon to simply appear in NYC? And would they have to battle through the Gungeon to get back, thus having completely new randomly selected equipment when/if they get back?

I mean, I assume it would be somewhere close to NY for afairness sake, but yes, they would need to battle their way through

@Bambu SBA: they are both at their best possible

so they are fighting inside the Gungeon, but there are Hunter Lamps spreaded trought all of it

Considering a couple of staff members replied as well (just got back to this, didn't read through before), then I am voting Incon. They've stated that SBA ensures best possible condition, not just highest tier. Which means the only possible winner, I'd say, would be the Hunter, but it is unlikely- each time the Gungeoneer dies, they'd have to battle their way back through the Gungeon with each door closing unless they kill the other residents. The Hunter has no such limitations (doors closing).

Still. Gungeoneer with all equipment should make it incon.

The lamppost thing may be a game mechanic anyways. Lore wise, pretty sure nothing is stated about absolutely needing lampposts, but for gameplay purposes you can't just revive wherever you feel like it can you? They're like Dark Souls bonfires, where the Hollows will revive, time and time again, with or without a bonfire, they just kinda serve as a home to these Hollows, the last bastion of familiarity for their decaying bodies and minds. If you wanted to go to this route, the Hunter is BFRed to the gungeon by the gungeon as soon as the match starts.

I can't recall lamposts being discussed in game lore either, but that is probably why, yes. Otherwise the Hunter would simply dream and awaken wherever they please. Also, would we include the Gungeon's powers in this? We allow paradoxes, so it would likely only affect the denizen of the Gungeon (EtG Hunter) and not the Bloodborne Hunter. Otherwise it is a battle between two entities and one (Gungeon is a sentient thing, I thought?).

Regardless, if both have full access to their arsenals, it doesn't matter. They keep killing each other for eternity.

This is unanimously inconclusive, and neither file is locked. I'll add this.

Back