• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hero of Aincrad (3) fights the Hero Killer (5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they're both skilled sword fighters and if stain dodges it will go back to being a normal, even swordfight

It won't be though

Dargoo already pointed out that Kirito is vastly better as a fighter then Stain

I mean, Kirito still has to realize what's going on before he does whatever he needs to do to break out of it. Whatever time he takes is basically free moves for Stain.

Eeeeeehhhhhhhh

Yeah in retrospect, probably

Kirito then

Dargoo Faust said:
I mean, Kirito still has to realize what's going on before he does whatever he needs to do to break out of it. Whatever time he takes is basically free moves for Stain.
He can't move, so it's paralysis.

He already had to deal with paralysis once, he's more then smart enough to figure it out on his own, and this assuming Stain even gets cut since Kirito is a much better fighter.

Stain is also way to aggressive of a fighter to stall Kirito.

Dargoo Faust said:
Incarnation literally requires willpower. He doesn't need to know why he's not moving, he needs to know that he wants to be moving.

Stain - 5 (Dargoo, Ciruno, Pixel, Crimson, Rusty)

Kirito - 1 (DMUA)

I personally disagree with Kirito being vastly more skill, but that's just me.

Yeah but once Kirito knows that Stain can do that, he's not gonna let him hit again. Injuries don't slow down VRMMORPG players unless their limbs get sent flying.

Kirito was still able to move and fight as if it was normal even after this injury in this key, so it's safe to say he'd still be fighting if he does get out of paralysis.

Edit: Here are scans of Kirito fighting with this injury: Here, here, here, here, here, here, here

TacticalNuke002 said:
Paralysis break isn't instantaneous. Stain is going to get a few hits in.
Read Kruull's comment. It very well is.

So lying on the ground helpless for minutes until Kirito got into danger is regarded as instantaneous. Also, every time we see incarnation (that I can remember) is because of a loved one being in danger, so the character is able to will themselves out. But I don't remember anyone using it for self-preservation. With no emotional impetus here (unless Stain paralyses Asuna and is about to kill her), I doubt Kirito is going to break out quickly enough.

Yes, incarnation being dormant until it spontaneously isn't is instantaneous.

Incarnation is a matter of willpower, and Kirito definitely isn't one accepting of death.

Eiji, a much less willful person, was able to simply overcome FullDive Non-Conformity via just telling himself to get the fork up and not die

Move move move

Yet, his right leg… became fixed to the ground as solid as a rock, so much so that he could even hear a thud.

He thought perhaps he had fallen into a trap, yet he saw nothing wrong with his leg when he looked down. At this point, he finally realised.

This was the same as that time…… the avatarstiffening phenomenon that had Nautilus expelled from the First Army of the Knights of the Blood, and was also the cause of Yuuna's death.

After being released from SAO, Eiji finally discovered the cause of this phenomenon.

FNC——FullDive Non-Conformity. It was a condition where a malfunction occurred in the transmission between the cerebrum and the EF matrix panel, limiting his actions in the virtual world.

——Move! Move move!!

Shouting the exact same words in his mind as at that time, Eiji desperately attempted to move his right leg. Shouting the exact same words in his mind as at that time, Eiji desperately attempted to move his right leg.

The trigger for the FNC, in Eiji's case, was his fear of death. When trying to evade danger, his instincts overwhelmed his ability to reason, freezing his avatar. Professor Shigemura, who had explained this logic to him, had said that this was a flaw on the device's side, thus it was an issue that Eiji couldn't do anything about through his will and thoughts.

Yet, that man——Kirito made the impossible possible.

He defeated Eiji, who had been assisted by both software and hardware, and even crushed the final boss, which should have been an absolute existence even on the Cardinal System. Eiji was sure that Kirito himself was not endowed with any special power or anything. If forced to say, it was because of his strength of will…… the mental strength to face any hurdle no matter how hopeless the situation without giving up, unlike Eiji.

The reason why Eiji became unable to move due to FNC, was because the desire to run away lurked somewhere within his heart. The professor called that desire an 'instinct', yet a man should have the capability to cast away his instincts. In front of him, the Warder Chief absentmindedly turned his body, facing Eiji to head towards him. In the surroundings, three blue lights began flickering like the heat haze. The effect for the surging of the henchmen.

Scared.

Nothing could be done about feeling scared. Yet he was unable to avert his eyes from that emotion and pretend not to see it. No, that wasn't true; he accepted his frightened self…… his weakness, and turned it into faith in himself. He could move. He could overcome his weakness and move forward.

"————I said mooooooove!!"

Straining his voice to its limit, Eiji shouted.

Bakin, he felt as if something broke when his right foot stepped forward. He kicked off the floor and ran. The Warder Chiefbrandished its two-handed axe high, while the henchmen tormentors that had appeared raised their thorny clubs.

Even if he didn't even have a one in ten thousand chance of winning, Eiji was still alive. In that case, he would fight until the last of his final moments.
Asuna fighting AINCRAD was enough to literally incarnate to the point they summoned an avatar of Yuki to use Mother's Rosario

As he fought Deathgun, incarnation simply popped out because he was determined to win.

I'm not even sure if the previous votes really apply if Kirito can break out of paralysis and dominate him in skill again.

Even assuming Stain does indeed get a cut when Kirito is far above him skill wise.

Schnee One said:
I'm not even sure if the previous votes really apply if Kirito can break out of paralysis and dominate him in skill again.
Even assuming Stain does indeed get a cut when Kirito is far above him skill wise.
The previous votes already address Kirito breaking out. Just that he wouldn't do it fast enough to not get a vital body part slit.

Which is fine because Kirito with a weak incarnation of radius willed himself out of a vital strike.

Stain also doesn't always kill his opponents, opting to put them out of commission like the brother of the character I can't remember who uses speed

He usually goes for body strikes.

So he has Regenerationn, and one that could bring him back from having his throat slit? Why is this not on his profile, and can you link to when he does this?

Stain doesn't kill when he believes the person he's fighting isn't a "fake" hero, like he considered Deku. Speedy boi was also rescued by Deku. Otherwise he most certainly aims to kill his opponents, it's where his title "Hero Killer" comes from.

Dargoo Faust said:
Stain doesn't kill when he believes the person he's fighting isn't a "fake" hero, like he considered Deku. Speedy boi was also rescued by Deku. Otherwise he most certainly aims to kill his opponents, it's where his title "Hero Killer" comes from.
Then wouldn't Stain recognize that Kirito's an actual hero? He's pretty similar to Deku philosophically:

• Won't kill.
  • Will always try to save others, even without a reason.
  • If he fails to save someone or if he kills someone he feels absolute regret.
  • Overall selfless.
Unless Stain actually needs proof or Kirito needs to do a selfless action in-front of him.

Dargoo Faust said:
So he has Regenerationn, and one that could bring him back from having his throat slit? Why is this not on his profile, and can you link to when he does this?
He doesn't Regen in this key, but the main point is that Incarnation gets out of paralysis much faster then people are giving it credit for

Doesn't stain generally take care to only kill targets? He left Idia on the ground until he said he just was doing this for revenge, by which case he actually moved in for the kill

Not that it really matters, willing to kill is on and Kirito isn't going to just be downed within a moment.

Dargoo Faust said:

You misread what I said

Kirito will die if his throats gets slit, but Stain dies not slit the throat usually, offering to just stab them in the chest.

Killing people takes many forms, stabbing someone in a vital area 90% of the time will kill someone.

Also, He's titled hero killer because he kills Hero's but his wounds don't always kill them. That's why Tenya's brother survived.

Schnee One said:
You misread what I said
Apologies, this sounded like you were talking about him willing himself out of injuries.

Schnee One said:
Which is fine because Kirito with a weak incarnation of radius willed himself out of a vital strike.
Also, He's titled hero killer because he kills Hero's but his wounds don't always kill them. That's why Tenya's brother survived.

Terada's brother is a pretty poor example, as he survived as a cripple and was out for days/weeks if I'm not mistaken.

Aren't the stain votes based on Paralysis GG though, which has been throughly addressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back