• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hero of Aincrad (3) fights the Hero Killer (5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xmark12 said:
ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Stain's no slouch in skill, and 1v1 is his speciality.
Same could be said for Kirito.
Kirito doesn't have an instant-win button via scratching his opponent once.

Again I legit don't think Chizome takes this easy. But to claim he won't draw blood once is a bit much.

Incarnation actually allows him to resist paralysis, so it's not really game over if that happens.

DMUA said:
Incarnation actually allows him to resist paralysis, so it's not really game over if that happens.
Define "resist". Also, it's not on his profile, so a link to where he resists it would be good. Chizome legit just needs a moment of Kirito being incapacitated to win here.

Well, Incarnation can generally bend the world to favor you, so it would be redundant to list that specific function

Asuna using incarnation allowed her to get out of system paralysis to save Kirito, and considering the power doesn't change from person to person, Kirito should be fine pulling the same thing.

He would still be affected by it, though, correct? Going off of Asuna she was still paralyzed for a time, and Chizome just needs a moment to step in a give Kirito lethal wounds.

Well, yes, I'm just saying it's not gonna end the fight.

DMUA said:
Well, yes, I'm just saying it's not gonna end the fight.
Paralysis itself won't.

Chizome stepping in and killing him for the moments he's incapacitated will.

I'm also leaning towards Chizome, btw, for Darkgoo's reasons.

If he steps up to outright kill him, incarnation would kick in and Kirito would counterattack.

DMUA said:
If he steps up to outright kill him, incarnation would kick in and Kirito would counterattack.
He would need to first activate it to un-do the paralysis, which apparently took Asuna longer than an instant. IDK how much he can spam it, but Chizome's going in for the kill the moment he has an opening on Kirito.

It's unknown how long it actually took. Asuna only really had to step in when Kirito was about to die anyways

Eiji took a bit of time to overcome his paralysis when he used it one time in the books, but Eiji is also generally less willed

Kirito can at least let a sword skill carry his body through the motions if he ever does get paralyzed, but that would require him atleast in a position to activate one.

Kirito would need to instantly counter it in order to survive; or at least much faster than "a bit of time".

That said, I'm not sure it's a bit of time, and even if it was, Stain doesn't immediately kill people he uses paralysis on. He checks if they're actually worth killing first, then makes the attack.

It's not even SBA where he wouldn't care

DMUA said:
That said, I'm not sure it's a bit of time, and even if it was, Stain doesn't immediately kill people he uses paralysis on. He checks if they're actually worth killing first, then makes the attack.
It's not even SBA where he wouldn't care
I would be inclined to agree with you, but with how much people argued that Stain would be dead before he drew blood at all, Stain will certainly not dawdle. He'll know that his opponent is way too strong to fight normally, and go for the kill as quick as possible.

They're mostly evenly matched, so I guess Stain probably wouldn't mess around if he actually got a hit.

I'm still thinking incarnation would spin it into incon. The fight would generally be tightly wound with the two's skills clashing, and even if Stain gets an upper hand, Kirito can counter and finish him off.

Stain - 3 (Dargoo, Ciruno, Pixel)

Kirito - 0

@Xmark Are voting Kirito or just arguing for him. That might sound like a wierd question, but I've seen it before.

Paralysis break was instantaneous. Asuna just needed enough willpower to use Incarnation again to save Kirito. Case in point, see the anime again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FASevjTXrZ8

Even in the LN: Sword Art Online Volume 1 ― Aincrad
Chapter 22

Kayaba raised his sword high above me as I stood stunned. A
deep red shine glinted off the blade. The blood-red sword was the
swung down at me—
At that moment, a strong, vibrant voice rang within my head.
I—will protect—Kirito-kun!!
The silhouette of a person charged in between Kayaba's red
sword and me at an incredible speed. The long, chestnut-brown hair
danced in the wind before my eyes.
Asuna—how—!?
She was standing in front of me even though she should be unable
to move because of the paralysis. She bravely straightened her chest
and opened her arms out wide.
An expression of shock exposed itself on Kayaba's face. But
nobody could stop his attack now. Everything moved as if in slow
motion as the long sword ripped its way down, through Asuna's
shoulder and all the way into her chest before it stopped.
I reached out with both hands towards Asuna as she fell
backwards towards me. She collapsed into my arms without a sound.
As her gaze met mine, Asuna gave a weak smile. Her HP bar—was
depleted.
Time had stopped.

Anyways, the beginning of Alicization Kirito only really has access to 1 to 2 hit sword skills with generic iron sword unless of course "Beginning of Alicization" Kirito include his training in the Academy.

Can Stain just pull that out of nowhere when he doesn't have his ribs literally so broken they're stabbing him

DMUA said:
Can Stain just pull that out of nowhere when he doesn't have his ribs literally so broken they're stabbing him
Why.. would Stain's ribs be broken?

And being immensely injured would actually make it more powerful, yeah. That's literally how it happens in-verse.

Exactly

Can they use it when they aren't absolutely mauled

The bloodlust aura is just Stain's absolute conviction in his preceved duty. You see minor reactions to it all throughout the episode. It was so strong then because multiple other factors. So yes, he can scare the piss outta anyone just be getting worked up.

That barely came into play in the actual fight, and probably wouldn't matter considering Kirito also has an iron will via incarnation, along with a familiarity with very driven psychopaths.

Stain - 5 (Dargoo, Ciruno, Pixel, Crimson, Rusty)

Kirito - 0

Just checking, but is anybody argueing for Kirito actually gonna vote for him?

I'm voting incon because with the mind that they're both skilled sword fighters and Incarnation can deal with Paralysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back