• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sword Art Online (Post-Aincrad) Kirito Power Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the previous CRT is officially done, time to move on to the next.

Solar System and Multi-Solar System level attack potencies are to be removed on (Post-Aincrad) Kirito. Requesting removals for both in a single CRT for efficiency, as they both stem from significant misunderstandings of the text provided, rather than any calculation related matter that needs significant attention and thus both are outright misinformed claims with no basis.

Edit: Per reminders by other members, Small Country Level is also under question, as the citation for it is "Kirito shook the planet" which did not take place either.

Multi-Solar System Removal

The claim currently is that Kirito "shook the entire universe", which is untrue. For starters, there is no "endless Universe" in Underworld. Cardinal creates content to adapt to circumstances and thus has so far only created Solus (the Sun in Underworld), along with Cardina and Admina, the two planets that orbit it. Here's the author, Reki Kawahara's confirmation:

Translation:

The current maximum size of the Underworld is one sun and two planets orbiting it. -Reki Kawahara
Another statement from Reki is as follows, stating even the stars around that the people inside the simulation see are not real and is simply a skybox the same way we have in games today, let alone Project Alicization having an infinite Universe simulation which is unrealistic by SAO's standards as SAO draws clear lines in its technology and how it functions, making "infinite" an impossibility due to hardware constraints:

Translation of the relevant sentence:
It is basically the same starry sky we see in open world games. -Reki Kawahara
This alone should be enough to prove the currently existing claims are misunderstandings, but I will go the extra mile to explain where the misunderstandings come from. It originates from the Fan Translation of Volume 18 by Defan, and features a lot of "context stretching" to come to the unlikely conclusion.

kOuUAXl.png

While the Fan Translations are now deprecated due to the official translation by Yen Press catching up and no fan translators taking up anything beyond V18 for that reason, I still approached Defan to clarify the misunderstandings. You can find his responses here (tweet thread with other clarifications as well regarding his translation):

With that, I will now provide the official translation for this scene, Sword Art Online Volume 18, Alicization Lasting, Prologue III:

XN7PWCU.png

So now, let's break things down. First off, "generic words" are a thing. Some languages (like Japanese and Turkish) rely on them a lot more than others, but we still have these generic words in English as well. For example, when I say "The weather is hot", I do not mean the entire atmosphere around the earth is hot, I just mean the part of the atmosphere around me is hot. That is a generic word, using a word with a huge meaning in a very specific context that really reduces its meaning based on the context I used it in. And also, keep in mind that the narrator is not an omniscient narrator, as such, the descriptions are not objective facts but rather how Stica Schtrinen perceives them. Reki Kawahara does not use an omniscient narrator in 99% of the cases in his books and prefers keeping the narrator limited to the character perspective he is using for the given chapter. In the rare occasion he is using an omniscient narrator, he switches tone entirely, as well as going as far as mentioning things in text, whether inside the chapter or in his afterwords with statements similar to "I used an omniscient narrator in this specific case. As you can imagine, the characters have no way of knowing this". With both those in mind, let's break down the text:

1. Abyssal Horror, a creature that is an "amalgamation of darkness without form" (a fancy of saying a concentration of Umbral Elements) shoots projectiles (3 meters in diameter, each are double the size of Kirito) of Umbral Elements towards Kirito (that Stica perceives as lights, blasts among other things. As we clarified in another CRT, there are no actual "light attacks" in Underworld, they are simple projectile attacks using the given elements. Even a Luminous Element attack is not a "Light Attack" and this isn't even a luminous attack, it is an umbral attack, so let's just pre-emptively prevent this CRT going the "FTL route" due to misinterpretations again)
  2. Kirito had a thin layer of shield around him that he conjured in the earlier chapter to protect himself (and Alice & Asuna) from the cold of the space. However, the projectiles didn't even reach this thin barrier, and collided with Kirito's Incarnate Shield instead (same technique used by the likes of Bercouli and Vixur Ul Shasta) that resulted in an explosion
  3. As you would expect from an explosion, a shockwave occurred (the same way Defan explained as well regarding his translation)
  4. "Space Shook" after stuff exploded, from the Stica PoV narrator, indicating that her Mechadragon violently shook when this shockwave reached her.
  5. The very next sentence explains this exact incident with the clear timeline. Explosion happened, the shockwave started travelling like "a ripple on the surface of the water" describing how vision is warped by sudden changes of pressure/density, causing Stica and Laura to see this distortion caused by the shockwave (high density air pressure) warping what they see of the space around them, and eventually reaching their Mechadragons and shaking them in the end.
  6. And then Laurannei states how the event, as they felt it, was as if the entire universe was shaking, which is as far as exaggerations can go, considering a Universe doesn't even exist in Underworld and the Underworlders cannot even observe anything that is slightly far away from their planets anyways, so much so that taking off from one planet to go to another planet completely relies on an assumed orbit of the Abyssal Horror (because they cannot observe its full orbit in the first place) and a confirmation from the other planet, requiring them to double-check that the monster is definitively on the other side of their planet and not towards the travel path between the planets. (The other planet knowingly gave them false information in this case, figured I would just clarify, won't go further in since it is plot related spoilers from Unital Ring)
As you can see, there is no "Universe shaking" going on. There isn't even any need to assume one in the first place when the explanation is simple as day, step by step explained by Stica PoV narrator. I can also provide more from Unital Ring, but a baseless claim that is clearly illustrated to be bogus does not need a longer wall of text than this.

Solar System Level Removal

The claim currently is that Kirito "Absorbed around 100,000 stars with the Night Sky Sword. Can move an entire night sky's worth of stars during this process.", which is untrue. So untrue and so lacking in context, that I find it more efficient to just illustrate what happened, rather than debunking it.

First off, as we know from the earlier section, a universe, thus the stars themselves do not exist. But there is a lot more, all excerpts below are from SAO V18, Alicization Lasting, Chapter 22 Part 2:

Wps3qZi.png

As you can see, the Memory Release function of the Night Sky Sword simply covers the sky of the generated planet (at this point in the simulation, not even Cardina exists as a planet, it is just the plane of Human Empire + Dark Territory, surrounded by impassable walls, thus Cardinal System sees no point in having content outside). It is explicitly told that we are no longer seeing the skybox at all, but rather a blanket created on the sky. It literally states "The sky was covered", thus the "absorbing stars" already gets cancelled out here. But let's go further:

ho2yf5X.png

The next section is Sinon's PoV of the Memory Release ability. She states that even the clouds have disappeared, so the blanket is even closer than the clouds themselves, as they do re-appear like nothing happened after the incident.

As for the stars, as you can see in this excerpt, it is not a star. In Underworld, Incarnation manifests in spatial resources. Here, you can see Sinon's prayer, her incarnation, creating enough spatial resources for a little flicker to appear on the black canvas covering the world right now. It is not a star, it is closer to the ground than actual clouds are, and it is just a flickering light, same as any condensed spatial resources (this includes generated elements too, elements are as condensed as spatial resources get and thus have the highest potency for direct use) that give away a hue of light. The mention of a star is very basic imagery, a tool for the reader to be able to visualize something by giving it a visual approximation. Let's go further:

vs0Ns7k.png

Leafa's perspective. Again, she prays and her incarnation manifests as spatial resources on the black canvas closer than the clouds, looking like a star as a visual reference. Let's go further:

zoPIuOx.png

iayZUrG.png

dzNasac.png

Multiple other perspectives, people pray, their incarnation manifests as spatial resources on the canvas, you get the gist of it by now. For those still not convinced they are not stars:

jyCCDpN.png

Sheyta and Iskahn only see the spatial resources generated by Leafa when they look up. Because the canvas is so close to the earth, the Depth of Field is so low that they cannot even see the resources generated by Sinon a couple dozen kilometers to the south. They specifically only see a "single green star twinkling" which is the resources generated by Leafa, after the sky had already reached Sinon and hers was generated.

Small Country Level Removal

The confusion comes from a single sentence taken completely out of context.

sILISAV.png

As explained below in the replies:
As you can see, every word used is used specifically to convey an incredible intensity to the reader in this case, rather than being visually descriptive. Every single word is just upping the intensity to make the reader feel tenser and tenser until the climax delivers the numb feeling of utter loss for all that build up, as Gabriel cuts off Kirito's arm to achieve the ultimate juxtaposition for maximum effect. The entire scene is a description of emotion, not a physical manifestation.

"Winds and blades roaring"
"Clash of light and emptiness"
"giant flashes and explosions shaking the world itself"
"fusing a body with consciousness"
"energy released dispersed into space"
"crackling in search of equilibrium as bolts of lightning"
"no anger, no hatred, no murder"
"endless strength of countless prayers"
gets his arm cut off before the final strike

None of this is tangible statements. Claiming a single statement among a dozen intangible statements to be tangible is the exact problem of "taking things out of context"

tl;dr: As clearly illustrated above, the power levels of Kirito rely on severe misinformation and thus Solar, Multi-Solar and Small Country levels need to be removed.

My initial suggestion would be to fall back on Small Country level, but seeing the citation for it, that is no longer an option. I will however require guidance on what to categorize Kirito as in this case. As I have explained below in the replies:
Considering the final feat is covering the at-the-time-existing Underworld (Human Empire + Dark Territory only), I may recommend somewhere along the same lines. However I am not exactly sure if simply "covering Underworld to drain spatial resources" is actually a power feat or not, so I may need some guidance on that aspect. The output is not exactly on a given powerlevel in the first place. The output of the attack is simply and I mention this very specifically, "feeding all the memory data into Gabriel's real life brain, that causes him to no longer be able to process that much data and die out". There is really no physical output in that sense.

Current situation: Downgrades to Kirito, Asuna and Subtilizer to 7B are being recommended.

Disclaimer: This original post will be edited with additional stuff as they are mentioned to give a good overview of everything that is relevant.

Last edited:
If you list the members that helped you out in the preceding content revisions thread, I can send notifications to them to participate here.

Also, we need to figure out what we should scale Kirito to instead then.

Well, this sounds fun.

I guess the first thing to note would be the whole 'universe shook' quote being something not to be taken literally, not just because of the skybox you mentioned, but by the sounds of it, the jet pagers wouldn't even know what that is.

Second off - if your main frame of reference is the LNs, aren't they balls deep into Unital Ring / Progressive at this point? Or are we entertaining Alicization because it is his power peak as far as the 'Kirito' alias?

As a corollary to that: regardless of what Kirito actually has as far as power, and even if at some point he does reach these massively multi-planet level feats that we're trying to disperse of, would it be within his character to use much of this? I'm aware of the whole debates about him going 0-2 to Yuuki in Mother Rosario being because he's not motivated by something life-threatening to himself or his friends (not to mention her absurd reaction time(s)), but is there more too it than that?

Finally, and if it's not completely unrelated, if we're down-scaling Kirito, how willing are we to up or down-scale other characters? Because not only am I looking at the profiles for characters like Klein and Yuuki as merely building level (the latter I'd like to dispute as her 'role' in WoU isn't too dissimilar to how Eugeo was treated), but Bercouli is only 8-C, and yet scaling him to Vecta (that can be scaled to pre-Incarnation) throws up a lot of questions about his peak (either that, or he's a red herring, and scaling to Eugeo that was held back on can be disregarded entirely).

was there any planet shaking?
There was no planet shaking either, so that is indeed to be removed as well. I'll add that in, however I need to grab additional excerpts for that, so it may take a bit.
Also, we need to figure out what we should scale Kirito to instead then.
My initial plan was to simply fall back to small country level, but looking at the mention of Cyberblader, that claim is false as well. But considering the final feat is covering the at-the-time-existing Underworld, I may recommend somewhere along the same lines. However I am not exactly sure if simply "covering Underworld to drain spatial resources" is actually a power feat or not, so I may need some guidance on that aspect. The output is not exactly on a given powerlevel in the first place. The output of the attack is simply and I mention this very specifically, "feeding all the memory data into Gabriel's real life brain, that causes him to no longer be able to process that much data and die out". There is really no physical output in that sense.

I guess the first thing to note would be the whole 'universe shook' quote being something not to be taken literally, not just because of the skybox you mentioned, but by the sounds of it, the jet pagers wouldn't even know what that is.
I am not sure what these "jet pagers" are, can you clarify?
Second off - if your main frame of reference is the LNs, aren't they balls deep into Unital Ring / Progressive at this point? Or are we entertaining Alicization because it is his power peak as far as the 'Kirito' alias?
Unital Ring is a new VR Survival RPG. Everyone started at lvl1 again and it's using typical AmuSpheres, so there is no Incarnation to create a power spike. As far as we are in Unital Ring story, without going into spoilers, Kirito is much lower in terms of power compared to his other appearances due to starting from scratch. Progressive is also the very beginning of the SAO story, currently covering Floor 7 of Aincrad. So again, it doesn't come in to play at all regarding the highest possible power. I can eventually get to those smaller portions, again step by step. My first goal is to cover gross misinformation. The smaller things are more fun oriented, but they are nowhere near the extremes of a scale.
As a corollary to that: regardless of what Kirito actually has as far as power, and even if at some point he does reach these massively multi-planet level feats that we're trying to disperse of, would it be within his character to use much of this? I'm aware of the whole debates about him going 0-2 to Yuuki in Mother Rosario being because he's not motivated by something life-threatening to himself or his friends (not to mention her absurd reaction time(s)), but is there more too it than that?
He legitimately loses to Yuuki. He doesn't even want to show his Skill Connect Dual Wielding, because he is under the impression Yuuki would just easily see how he does it and uses it herself. But again, this is completely besides the topic.
Finally, and if it's not completely unrelated, if we're down-scaling Kirito, how willing are we to up or down-scale other characters? Because not only am I looking at the profiles for characters like Klein and Yuuki as merely building level (the latter I'd like to dispute as her 'role' in WoU isn't too dissimilar to how Eugeo was treated), but Bercouli is only 8-C, and yet scaling him to Vecta (that can be scaled to pre-Incarnation) throws up a lot of questions about his peak (either that, or he's a red herring, and scaling to Eugeo that was held back on can be disregarded entirely).
Again, step by step. Trying to take care of 10 things at a time only dilutes a topic.

My initial plan was to simply fall back to small country level, but looking at the mention of Cyberblader, that claim is false as well. But considering the final feat is covering the at-the-time-existing Underworld, I may recommend somewhere along the same lines. However I am not exactly sure if simply "covering Underworld to drain spatial resources" is actually a power feat or not, so I may need some guidance on that aspect. The output is not exactly on a given powerlevel in the first place. The output of the attack is simply and I mention this very specifically, "feeding all the memory data into Gabriel's real life brain, that causes him to no longer be able to process that much data and die out". There is really no physical output in that sense.
Well, in worst case we will have to change his statistics to "Unknown" in this state.

Anyway...
Ah right, sorry glossed over it when I saw multiple messages, DMUA is the one person I know who is knowledgeable regarding the series. I did not exactly have a chance to familiarize myself with the community yet, as after I shared excerpts straight from the books, it was only DMUA participating in the thread, aside from you guys.
The two girls riding the dragon jets who look like Tiese and Ronnie (Laura, I think was one of the names. The other one I've forgotten the name of)
So, Integrity Pilots? Stica and Laurannei.

if i may ask, what is the context for this
But considering the final feat is covering the at-the-time-existing Underworld, I may recommend somewhere along the same lines. However I am not exactly sure if simply "covering Underworld to drain spatial resources"

if i may ask, what is the context for this
I have already explained the full context of what Kirito does inside Underworld in the initial post. What happens as a result is that Kirito basically fulfills Gabriel's wish of "Devouring everyones thoughts". He directs all the spatial resources generated via the Incarnation of both the Human Empire and the Dark Territory residents. For a short bit, Gabriel starts experiencing all these prayers inside his consciousness (as Underworld runs on Memory Data, these thoughts are preserved), but quickly, his brain overloads and his soul just "implodes" in a sense, because all of this data was being pushed straight into his brain and his brain simply could not process that much data. Kind of an equivalent to Asuna's headaches when she uses Stacia's terraforming ability too much, because she needs to process all the geometry data in her brain.

Shouldn’t this CRT be closed? It’s too early for another SAO CRT to happen just right after one just finished.

Look at Dragon ball for example, uh there are like 5 CRTs currently going on, unless there are 2 CRTs or more with the same topic, then multiple CRTs are allowed

There was no planet shaking either, so that is indeed to be removed as well. I'll add that in, however I need to grab additional excerpts for that, so it may take a bit.
OK. This is just purse nonsense.
We have the quote that showed that the world trembled:
The greatest, most final enemy, Gabriel Miller, entered the attack
range of my sword.
With my arms charged full of power I had never felt before, I
unleashed my most practiced, most reliable dual wielding Sword
Skill.
Starburst Stream. A 16-hit combo attack.
“WHO…OAAAAAAAAA!!”
My sword, permeated with starlight, shot forward with a blinding
trail.
At the same time, Gabriel’s six wings and one blade came
swooping down from all sides.
Each mighty clash between light and void created vast flashes of
light, causing the world to tremble.

Faster.
Gotta go faster.
Even the anime showed the planet shaking
6:22

OK. This is just purse nonsense.
We have the quote that showed that the world trembled:

Even the anime showed the planet shaking
6:22
Please stop using Fan Translations to make a point. They are deprecated. I'll do you the favor of pulling it from the official translation:

sILISAV.png

As you can see, every word used is used specifically to convey an incredible intensity to the reader in this case, rather than being visually descriptive. Every single word is just upping the intensity to make the reader feel tenser and tenser until the climax delivers the numb feeling of utter loss for all that build up, as Gabriel cuts off Kirito's arm to achieve the ultimate juxtaposition for maximum effect. The entire scene is a description of emotion, not a physical manifestation.

"Winds and blades roaring"
"Clash of light and emptiness"
"giant flashes and explosions shaking the world itself"
"fusing a body with consciousness"
"energy released dispersed into space"
"crackling in search of equilibrium as bolts of lightning"
"no anger, no hatred, no murder"
"endless strength of countless prayers"
gets his arm cut off before the final strike

None of this is tangible statements. Claiming a single statement among a dozen intangible statements to be tangible is the exact problem of "taking things out of context"

Also, Anime did not play many fights faithfully in the first place, it didn't play this one faithfully either, as in the anime, we watched sword strikes literally showing Gabriel into mountains and the ground to play pinball with his body as he kept bouncing back from everywhere to get hit by the next strike. That's because the Anime too recognized the scene was not about a physical feat, and played exactly into this. The feeling of intensity, and the build up to the crushing hopelessness of loss at the end.

There is no reason to extrapolate meaning that does not exist. Occam's Razor exists for a reason.

Since the previous CRT is officially done, time to move on to the next.

Solar System and Multi-Solar System level attack potencies are to be removed on (Post-Aincrad) Kirito. Requesting removals for both in a single CRT for efficiency, as they both stem from significant misunderstandings of the text provided, rather than any calculation related matter that needs significant attention and thus both are outright misinformed claims with no basis.

Multi-Solar System Removal

The claim currently is that Kirito "shook the entire universe", which is untrue. For starters, there is no "endless Universe" in Underworld. Cardinal creates content to adapt to circumstances and thus has so far only created Solus (the Sun in Underworld), along with Cardina and Admina, the two planets that orbit it. Here's the author, Reki Kawahara's confirmation:

Translation:

Another statement from Reki is as follows, stating even the stars around that the people inside the simulation see are not real and is simply a skybox the same way we have in games today, let alone Project Alicization having an infinite Universe simulation which is unrealistic by SAO's standards as SAO draws clear lines in its technology and how it functions, making "infinite" an impossibility due to hardware constraints:

Translation of the relevant sentence:

This alone should be enough to prove the currently existing claims are misunderstandings, but I will go the extra mile to explain where the misunderstandings come from. It originates from the Fan Translation of Volume 18 by Defan, and features a lot of "context stretching" to come to the unlikely conclusion.

kOuUAXl.png

While the Fan Translations are now deprecated due to the official translation by Yen Press catching up and no fan translators taking up anything beyond V18 for that reason, I still approached Defan to clarify the misunderstandings. You can find his responses here (tweet thread with other clarifications as well regarding his translation):

With that, I will now provide the official translation for this scene, Sword Art Online Volume 18, Alicization Lasting, Prologue III:

XN7PWCU.png

So now, let's break things down. First off, "generic words" are a thing. Some languages (like Japanese and Turkish) rely on them a lot more than others, but we still have these generic words in English as well. For example, when I say "The weather is hot", I do not mean the entire atmosphere around the earth is hot, I just mean the part of the atmosphere around me is hot. That is a generic word, using a word with a huge meaning in a very specific context that really reduces its meaning based on the context I used it in. And also, keep in mind that the narrator is not an omniscient narrator, as such, the descriptions are not objective facts but rather how Stica Schtrinen perceives them. Reki Kawahara does not use an omniscient narrator in 99% of the cases in his books and prefers keeping the narrator limited to the character perspective he is using for the given chapter. In the rare occasion he is using an omniscient narrator, he switches tone entirely, as well as going as far as mentioning things in text, whether inside the chapter or in his afterwords with statements similar to "I used an omniscient narrator in this specific case. As you can imagine, the characters have no way of knowing this". With both those in mind, let's break down the text:

1. Abyssal Horror, a creature that is an "amalgamation of darkness without form" (a fancy of saying a concentration of Umbral Elements) shoots projectiles (3 meters in diameter, each are double the size of Kirito) of Umbral Elements towards Kirito (that Stica perceives as lights, blasts among other things. As we clarified in another CRT, there are no actual "light attacks" in Underworld, they are simple projectile attacks using the given elements. Even a Luminous Element attack is not a "Light Attack" and this isn't even a luminous attack, it is an umbral attack, so let's just pre-emptively prevent this CRT going the "FTL route" due to misinterpretations again)
  2. Kirito had a thin layer of shield around him that he conjured in the earlier chapter to protect himself (and Alice & Asuna) from the cold of the space. However, the projectiles didn't even reach this thin barrier, and collided with Kirito's Incarnate Shield instead (same technique used by the likes of Bercouli and Vixur Ul Shasta) that resulted in an explosion
  3. As you would expect from an explosion, a shockwave occurred (the same way Defan explained as well regarding his translation)
  4. "Space Shook" after stuff exploded, from the Stica PoV narrator, indicating that her Mechadragon violently shook when this shockwave reached her.
  5. The very next sentence explains this exact incident with the clear timeline. Explosion happened, the shockwave started travelling like "a ripple on the surface of the water" describing how vision is warped by sudden changes of pressure/density, causing Stica and Laura to see this distortion caused by the shockwave (high density air pressure) warping what they see of the space around them, and eventually reaching their Mechadragons and shaking them in the end.
  6. And then Laurannei states how the event, as they felt it, was as if the entire universe was shaking, which is as far as exaggerations can go, considering a Universe doesn't even exist in Underworld and the Underworlders cannot even observe anything that is slightly far away from their planets anyways, so much so that taking off from one planet to go to another planet completely relies on an assumed orbit of the Abyssal Horror (because they cannot observe its full orbit in the first place) and a confirmation from the other planet, requiring them to double-check that the monster is definitively on the other side of their planet and not towards the travel path between the planets. (The other planet knowingly gave them false information in this case, figured I would just clarify, won't go further in since it is plot related spoilers from Unital Ring)
As you can see, there is no "Universe shaking" going on. There isn't even any need to assume one in the first place when the explanation is simple as day, step by step explained by Stica PoV narrator. I can also provide more from Unital Ring, but a baseless claim that is clearly illustrated to be bogus does not need a longer wall of text than this.

Uchu can refer to space, cosmos, or universe. In this case, we used universe. Space Shook, or in fact, none of the above arguments makes sense.
No scan(s) of nobody feeling any shaking at all, no effecto of the Multi-Solar System level downgrade
Solar System Level Removal

The claim currently is that Kirito "Absorbed around 100,000 stars with the Night Sky Sword. Can move an entire night sky's worth of stars during this process.", which is untrue. So untrue and so lacking in context, that I find it more efficient to just illustrate what happened, rather than debunking it.

First off, as we know from the earlier section, a universe, thus the stars themselves do not exist. But there is a lot more, all excerpts below are from SAO V18, Alicization Lasting, Chapter 22 Part 2:

Wps3qZi.png

As you can see, the Memory Release function of the Night Sky Sword simply covers the sky of the generated planet (at this point in the simulation, not even Cardina exists as a planet, it is just the plane of Human Empire + Dark Territory, surrounded by impassable walls, thus Cardinal System sees no point in having content outside). It is explicitly told that we are no longer seeing the skybox at all, but rather a blanket created on the sky. It literally states "The sky was covered", thus the "absorbing stars" already gets cancelled out here. But let's go further:

ho2yf5X.png

The next section is Sinon's PoV of the Memory Release ability. She states that even the clouds have disappeared, so the blanket is even closer than the clouds themselves, as they do re-appear like nothing happened after the incident.

As for the stars, as you can see in this excerpt, it is not a star. In Underworld, Incarnation manifests in spatial resources. Here, you can see Sinon's prayer, her incarnation, creating enough spatial resources for a little flicker to appear on the black canvas covering the world right now. It is not a star, it is closer to the ground than actual clouds are, and it is just a flickering light, same as any condensed spatial resources (this includes generated elements too, elements are as condensed as spatial resources get and thus have the highest potency for direct use) that give away a hue of light. The mention of a star is very basic imagery, a tool for the reader to be able to visualize something by giving it a visual approximation. Let's go further:

vs0Ns7k.png

Leafa's perspective. Again, she prays and her incarnation manifests as spatial resources on the black canvas closer than the clouds, looking like a star as a visual reference. Let's go further:

zoPIuOx.png

iayZUrG.png

dzNasac.png

Multiple other perspectives, people pray, their incarnation manifests as spatial resources on the canvas, you get the gist of it by now. For those still not convinced they are not stars:

jyCCDpN.png

Sheyta and Iskahn only see the spatial resources generated by Leafa when they look up. Because the canvas is so close to the earth, the Depth of Field is so low that they cannot even see the resources generated by Sinon a couple dozen kilometers to the south. They specifically only see a "single green star twinkling" which is the resources generated by Leafa, after the sky had already reached Sinon and hers was generated.
Flowery Fork, my dude. Please tell me you know what flowery fork is... The furthest I am going to elaborate with this is possibly 4-B
Please stop using Fan Translations to make a point. They are deprecated. I'll do you the favor of pulling it from the official translation:
No need to. I despise Yen Press and won't ever use their translations unless there are no fan translations. By then, I would even prefer machine translations over Yen Press' translations.

was there any planet
This also proves to be flowery language, especially when you consider the anime (which supports the OP in general, considering how it's set up)

Anyways, I absolutely agree. Not only all of this is true, but they also state in Unital Ring that the Abyssal Horror fight is a top secret matter, which would make extremely little sense if the entire universe was shaken (especially at Magnitude 9 like the current calcs suggest)

I do have some calcs to replace the current tiers queued up, I kinda expected more prep time to release them, but, we're here now and it's fine by me.

Just a heads up, some people are not even going to bother with this CRT considering how the last one went and how their arguments felt ignored.

Uchu can refer to space, cosmos, or universe. In this case, we used universe. Space Shook, or in fact, none of the above arguments makes sense.
No scan(s) of nobody feeling any shaking at all, no effecto of the Multi-Solar System level downgrade

Flowery Fork, my dude. Please tell me you know what flowery fork is... The furthest I am going to elaborate with this is possibly 4-B
You are going to have to provide proof that things indeed shook then from third party sources (so from people outside of the immediate vicinity) if you want to make a far fetched claim. As things stand, your claim has no bearing on reality.
No need to. I despise Yen Press and won't ever use their translations unless there are no fan translations. By then, I would even prefer machine translations over Yen Press' translations.
Your translation preferences do not matter when it comes to standards. But even the Fan Translator of the translations you want to cite clarified his translation to support the point being made here, against your misinterpretation.
To me, it sounds like you are just repeating the exact same thing you read somewhere else with lacking context, without actually reading anything what my initial post tells you.
Just a heads up, some people are not even going to bother with this CRT considering how the last one went and how their arguments felt ignored.
Their arguments were met with rebuttals and clear citations full with context. I am glad to be challenged, but aside from DMUA asking me questions for clarifications, nobody actually bothered making tangible arguments.

You are going to have to provide proof that things indeed shook then from third party sources (so from people outside of the immediate vicinity) if you want to make a far fetched claim. As things stand, your claim has no bearing on reality.
Debunk my argument first
Your translation preferences do not matter when it comes to standards. But even the Fan Translator of the translations you want to cite clarified his translation to support the point being made here, against your misinterpretation.
To me, it sounds like you are just repeating the exact same thing you read somewhere else with lacking context, without actually reading anything what my initial post tells you.
You FORCED Defan to answer your questions during your interview which was not cool just cuz' of VS Battles using fan translations.
Their arguments were met with rebuttals and clear citations full with context. I am glad to be challenged, but aside from DMUA asking me questions for clarifications, nobody actually bothered making tangible arguments.
They're not even going to bother arguing this so it's better if we not reach this topic

I am not going to be answering Problemexe in this thread. I feel whatever I say will only lead him to get more heated. I would appreciate if one of the admins chime in, rather than me responding to him.

Disagreeing and disputing your claims isn't the same thing as ignoring them.

They can overlap no doubt but I for one was listening.

For example of what I mean, allow me to address you directly.
You're literally asking for proof of a negative. Have a look at the Fallacy Page:

Proof of Burden: This is when someone attempts to make someone else prove a claim when the burden of proof is really on them to prove it. The burden of proof is always on the positive claim, and the person who makes the claim.

But funnily enough, I can elaborate on my earlier statement that proves that it is incredibly, incredibly unlikely anybody felt any shaking:
Screenshot_20210512-145825_Docs.jpg

Again, Machine Translation, but since you prefer that over Yen Press for some reason it's whatever to me, but it clearly states that the battle with the Abyssal horror was top secret information, when the entire universe violently quaking is the direct opposite of Covert in any capacity. Everyone would absolutely know something happened and considering the severity, it would be an utter nightmare to keep it secret (a fact that's never addressed, presumably because it is indeed just "space shook" in that localized area)

I mean the OP makes sense to me, but I don't really know SAO Scaling, so I won't make any bold claims on whether or not the feats are legit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back