• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Kantaar seems to make sense to me, upon reading the thread.

And the meaningful distinction is...?
Data manipulation is basically just controlling computer data for one's own use. Information manipulation is controlling and altering information as a whole, which can potentially allow even reality warping or concept manipulation via altering the information of the universe.

Thank you for helping out with evaluations.

Can somebody write a summary of the suggested changes here, and which members that have agreed with what please?

Can somebody write a summary of the suggested changes here, and which members that have agreed with what please?
Ice Manip clarification required to avoid the consistent misinterpretation of the skill and removal of Ice Resist from a variety of characters
Well, except the amount of misinterpretations I have seen with all the "Freeze GG"s, I do believe something to be done here. If a term is causing such a different understanding of the power, at least a note should be added that the ability is exclusively "Ice Manipulation" and has no inherent freezing abilities attached. It only and only traps things in layers of ice.

Consecutively, this means the characters that can free themselves from this chunk of ice, do not have any Resistance to Ice Manipulation.
They do get trapped in ice by the ability. They just have the strength to break the ice covering them. By no means is this any kind of resistance. The object covering them can be any other thing of the same durability as ice, and they would be able to break it off. It is a simple matter of pure strength. These characters include, but are not limited to PoH, Bercouli, Abyssal Horror and potentially more.

I am still expecting a clarification whether this counts as "Resistance to Ice Manip" or is simply covered within "Absorption", considering Subti does not really resist the ice in the first place:

The fact of the matter is, Subtilizer is a unique situation that I am not sure if the existing terms can reliably cover, but the most I can conform it into the given standards is that I would say he "does not have any resistance at all, but has the ability to absorb", which ties in with his present "Intangibility, Absorption and Void Manipulation" already. He doesn't resist any of the manipulations thrown at him, but rather "devours" them. The manipulations effectively don't even begin making contact with him to resist. Given this unique case, please do let me know if the resistances still apply or not.

Removals of a bunch of Resistances from Kirito.
As you can see, Kirito never resisted any of Gabriel's powers here at all. Whenever Kirito was able to affect him, it was always due to a different reason that had nothing to do with Kirito. As a result, Kirito's Resistance to Matter, Void, Sleep, Mind, Memory and Soul Manipulations should be removed, as he has not resisted any of them. Thus the resistances have 0 basis and should be removed.

And a lot of misc. clarifications explaining the inner workings of Underworld that I don't think get included in articles and stuff.

No outstanding disagreements, or were clarified when presented.

Thank you. That seems fine.

We usually count being resistant to extreme cold combined with being encased in ice without ill effects as resistance to ice manipulation, but since this is a virtual reality world, it may not work that way.

I also present my proposal in addition to what Kaantantr already present.
Remove Void Manipulation of Subtilizer as Umbral Element is just Dark looking element, nothing prove it is Void, so it should be remove along with his NEP (i don't see it on his profile but i'm it was accepted in a CRT for SAO ability)

Okay. That is probably fine, but you need to elaborate a bit.

I do believe the magic system and its intricacies are an entirely different topic that chiseling away at it with a single correction like that is a bit off... That's why I did not include it in my summary either, despite being brought up multiple times.

For that, we need an entire magic system overhaul (and possibly a lengthy explanation of all of its details). For example, "Cryogenic Element" is not necessarily "Ice". But you can materialize it into "Ice" etc.

Trying to make the blanket statement "Umbral Element is not Void" is just as wrong as "Umbral Element is Void". I recommend not touching upon that far in just yet.

Okay. That makes sense to me. That subject can wait until later then.

I literally didn't even know the abyssal horror had a profile it's not listed on the verse page

Unless I have just managed to completely miss it every time I've viewed it

well considering he made it I guess that explains it

I mean they're basically the same thing when you reach the extreme of space so like whatever

But i thought resist to ice manip is resist to the power that can turn your body into ice or freeze you, not withstand the cold of the ice????

Thank you for helping out DMUA.

What, if anything, is left to do here?

I am not sure if I understand what Vietthai is asking or if it's relevant to the changes here, so if someone can chime in, that'd be great. I'll check the profile pages later today myself to see if anything went missing.

I am not sure if I understand what Vietthai is asking or if it's relevant to the changes here, so if someone can chime in, that'd be great. I'll check the profile pages later today myself to see if anything went missing.
Sorry if you i make you confused or something 0.0. But can i ask what make you don't understand 0.0

I am not exactly sure what you are asking to be done regarding the resists of Abyssal Horror. I think you are stating he should still keep his Ice Manip because he lives "in the extreme cold of space"? That sounds kinda like a different topic to me, since it relates to it sucking up elements around it, including the energy coming from Solus, one of the biggest sources of Spatial Resources. That's how it regenerates too, you cannot do those stuff without Spatial Resources. We know he sucks Spatial Resources on a constant basis, due to the Dragonjets not being able to find Spatial Resources around to reach max speed.

So basically, it is doing something very similar to what Kirito is doing. Kirito simply generated a shield around him (and Alice and Asuna) to protect them from the cold so their HPs would not drop. Given the implication deriving from "constantly sucking up Spatial Resources", Abyssal Horror likely just passively regenerates HP that counteracts the cold. That would be my take, before I claim Ice Resist. Especially since we have seen it does not really resist it.

Always keep the bigger picture regarding the ways of the world in mind ;)

No, what i want is to remove Abyssal Horror resistance to Ice Manip. The reason is just because you can withstand some extreme cold temperature doesn't mean you could resist being turn to ice

Oh, I completely misunderstood, it was the other way around 😅

Yeah that does make sense to me, it's basically what I said above. But unless a tangential explanation without direct citations is valid (which I don't think it should be), it's a topic for another CRT I'd say.

If it is just a very minor revision, we can probably deal with it here.

If it is just a very minor revision, we can probably deal with it here.
So i will change Abyssal Horror Resistance to Ice manip into Resistance to Extreme Cold, the profile already in the state of unlock, so can i have your permission to apply the change?

Okay in that case, what I would ask is;

Would you consider passive Health Regen of a monster that counteracts the HP drain of extreme cold to be "Resistance to Extreme Cold"? Or would you just keep it as is, you know, being "Regeneration"?

Because technically, if AH gets resistance to extreme cold through simple Spatial Resource conversion, then Kirito must get it too, as he created a shield from Spatial Resources to protect himself, as well as Alice and Asuna from the same HP drain of cold.

There isn't much I can say on the matter, as it's a decision better made by people who know the classifications here to decide where it should fall.

Back