• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious Discussion Thread

Profiles aside, what is everybodies thoughts on Cautious Hero, do you like it or hate it, somewhere inbetween maybe.

Yo, is anyone ever gonna address my calc request?: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3760369#15

We just had Wohlks deflect a three-shot Shining Arrow. It'd be wise to determine how fast Shining Arrow is if we wanna see how fast characters like Wohlks and Beel Bub is.

Alos, Wohlks did blitz Eraser Kaiser, but the Wiki doesn't like calc-stacking.

TheMonsterOfTheAbyss said:
I am not sure as to what to use there, it's not gonna be that impressive using normal arrow speeds.
Eh, Beel Bub pointed out the effective range of magic arrows (including Shining Arrow), which is just above the clouds. I don't think normal arrows are capable of even touching a cloud (in fast, at best, a calculator estimate without accounting for air resistance would put a normal arrow's highest vertical reach at 240 meters).

Speaking of, I should point out, again, that Shining Arrow is a technique that allows the user to fire arrows so fast that it would appear that multiple arrows are fired at once.

Ah, yeah, I just realized one can probably use projectile motion to calculate it. Anyways, I may try to do it since I also wanted to check over the meteor feat as well but I'm kind of busy with revisions for a certain verse so do not take it for granted.

Has anybody noticed the shortness of the light novel volumes, this whole season covers 1 single volume almost perfectly. I wouldn't be surprised if we get SSS Difficulty worlds.

Vampire Vamp said:
Has anybody noticed the shortness of the light novel volumes, this whole season covers 1 single volume almost perfectly. I wouldn't be surprised if we get SSS Difficulty worlds.
Dude, if you think 12 episodes are just enough for a single book, you know nothing of LNs.

Ionliosite said:
Dude, if you think 12 episodes are just enough for a single book, you know nothing of LNs.
Fun fact, the twelve episodes of the anime actually cover TWO volumes of the light novel. Volume 1 goes from Ristarte's first summoning to the battle between Seiya and Leviae. Volume 2 goes from there to Ristarte getting ass-f***ed by being forced to save an SS-class world.

Anyway, went and compared the Light Novel and Anime side-by-side again. Both have stated that Seiya had achieved Level 99 after his training with Adenala.

Seiya Level 99 Stats
The anime, of course, was helpful enough to provide more insight on Seiya's stats than just the numerical stuff (the light novel only provided the numbers).

Oh, by the way, the arrow thing where launching it vertically would result in the range being slightly above the clouds and it yielded not good results. Only about 265.71m/s (subsonic+ I think) peak speed of the arrow with the assumtions I went with (2.1 km elevation above ground cuz average and 1.5 km thickness). I double checked with a calculator but using the speed to see what max height I got and it seems about right, nothing game changing for the profiles.

Oh! So that's why they only get literally one season.

No, they get only 1 season because they don't sale enough blu-rays to get a second one.

Web novel readers, the destruction technique can bypass durability.

https://kakuyomu.jp/works/1177354054881165840/episodes/1177354054885424862

"What is damage to my body with the defense of the iron wall? What is the theory?"

"The technique learned from the destruction god is put on the fist. The destruction technique is activated beyond the target's defense strength."

"Wonderful. If so, let's take it seriously."

ÒÇÇThen, it changes to Artemius' body again! From below the arm that was originally, a new arm painted in body fluid appears as if piercing meat!ÒÇÇ

TheMonsterOfTheAbyss said:
Oh, by the way, the arrow thing where launching it vertically would result in the range being slightly above the clouds and it yielded not good results. Only about 265.71m/s (subsonic+ I think) peak speed of the arrow with the assumtions I went with (2.1 km elevation above ground cuz average and 1.5 km thickness). I double checked with a calculator but using the speed to see what max height I got and it seems about right, nothing game changing for the profiles.
And how fast would one's reactions would one have to be to make it look like seven arrows were shot at the same time while firing one at a time? That's the key thing. Like, say if each arrow is 27 inches apart (arrow length assuming the standard 28-inch draw length) at the furthest or something like that.

It was mentioned by Ristarte that the Demon Lord could destroy the world twice over with its final attack. Not saying that Seiya scales to that, but is that helpful at all for quantifying how powerful his BFR/existence erasure technique is?

Leafbladie said:
It was mentioned by Ristarte that the Demon Lord could destroy the world twice over with its final attack. Not saying that Seiya scales to that, but is that helpful at all for quantifying how powerful his BFR/existence erasure technique is?
I mean technically the Demon Lord had to be rid of with a BFR tactic. Not to mention that Seiya had to resort to synthesizing Adamantite with a gate spike and Ristarte's hair to actually damage the Demon Lord without Ignazion.

that doesn't mean the statement by the demon lord to be able to destroy the world twice actually includes the whole universe tho. if you are stingy a statement of destroying the world without further evidence might only mean wiping the surface which is 6-A.

RulerOfTheAbyss said:
if you are stingy a statement of destroying the world without further evidence might only mean wiping the surface which is 6-A.
Whre'd you get that from? Just curious.

the whole issue about Boros roaring star cannon from OPM.

this is different from case to case tho I just used it as an example that you can't simply interpret the world destroying statement as universe destroying because it also is way more consistent if it's 5-B like it is now

It was good until episode 11. Speaking of episode 11, since he was above lv15 in his slime battle, and was lv99 for quite a bit of the story, his keys should be different.

Back