• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious Discussion Thread

This guy from Cautious Hero destroyed an army of 10,000 undead with a meteor, but he's wall level. I imagine the new anime has increased the popularity of his page. I'm reading the light novel now, I'm no good at making profiles or updating them, so I'll see if this link below to the light novel might spark an interest in him.

Cautious Hero on Novel Planet

_
Seiya Ryuuguuyin2
Edit; I changed the title, since it fits the topic discussions currently being discussed.

Well, first of all, you will need to account for calcs and powerscaling. The reason why Seiya was listed as wall-level here was because his feats lacked calcs. The powerscaling part is easy, as the anime does all the work for us. Like, for example, the stats listed for Greater Demon Chaos Machina were stated to be more powerful than a Demon Lord from a Class D world: https://prnt.sc/ppcajb

Oh, and might I add Seiya annihilated an entire town? Yeah, that's a start.

I guess we can wait until the meteor scene in the anime. Not only that but his flight speed could be calculated from getting to the undead army.

The light novel, manga and anime all list the resistances of characters for us

From the moment he was summoned he had fire, Ice, wind, water, electricity and earth

I'm wondering if we can calculate from just the images we have, since some are linked in his AP section. Could we determine at least a minimum size for the church?

Alternatively, what about the army? While it's unclear how big the explosion is (Maybe if we saw the page after it happened, we could see the actual crater.), we do know how many are in the undead army.

Supposing all the undead are at least somewhat humanoid, we might be able to work out a rough mass. Sadly, undead can often lack vital organs, limbs, flesh, & quantities of fluid that contribute to their mass.

So what if we assumed each had the mass of a human skeleton?

This claims (in reply to a male reader) that a skeleton weighs about 12-15% of your body weight.

This claims skeletons contribute 14% of body weight for males & 10% for females.

Since we're using a fair amount of assumptions, & it's possible the undead may be missing not only other body parts, but have broken bones, let's use the lowest values.

Some years back, a study was published about global average weights. The lowest of those is 49.591 kg. 10% of that is 4.9591 kilograms.

Supposing 10,000 such skeletal undead, that's 49,591 kg.

This claims the heat capacity of bone is 0.44 kj/kg K Or 440 joules per kilogram kelvin.

Wikipedia says about bone ash: Bone ash usually has a density around 3.10 g/mL and a melting point of 1670 ┬░C (3038 ┬░F). Most bones retain their cellular structure through calcination.

But I'm trying to keep this simple, & bone is made of many things; At the point that it's ash, a lot of it's been destroyed & several materials are gone.

An answer to this Quora questio links a helpful book, which, on page 335, gives bone vaporization boiling temperature, stating the composition & boiling point fairly simply: Hydroxylapatite 75% ~1,500 c, collagen 20% ~300 c, & Water 5% 100 c.

I don't know how to get vaporization temperature from boiling point (If they're even distinct.) nor how to account for different quantities of materials with different boiling points being present, so let's just take Hydroxylapatite's boiling point & since it's 75% of the material, 75% of the mass.

75% of 49,591 kg = 37193.25 kilograms

Room temperature is 20 to 25 celsius, so let's say 25. Thus, change in temperature is approximately 1,475 degrees celsius. Heat capacity as mentioned above is 440 joules per kilogram kelvin. And I just told you the mass.

Energy yield = mass * heat capacity * ΔT (change in temperature), so 37,193.25 kilograms * 440 joules per kilogram kelvin * 1,475 celsius.

I have no idea why Wolfram was giving me a (kilogram meter squared kelvins per second squared kelvin difference) results for 440 joules per kilogram kelvi , but 0.44 kilojoules per kilogram kelvin gives me a plain kilojoules result like I prefer.

The two should be functionally identical, though. Anyway, the result is 2.86×10^7 or 28,600,000 joules. Small Building Level, but only . About 1.367 times higher than maximum Wall Level's value of 20,920,000 joules.

But this may not be an entirely correct calculation, & we don't know if all the undead are identical in materials & composition. Not to mention, it could probably be higher if there's a physical meteor that went down (KE), plus the explosion probably heated the air and destroyed the ground....

Like, seriously, does a panel of the crater he made not exist or something?!

So yeah, it's quite possible my math is flawed, & there might be reasoning it could be lower, but this already has a lot of lowballing, so it could also be a fair bit higher.

Seiya has a feat of making an explosion 10 meters in radius if there's anything.

Plus he's missing quite a few abilities, I'm reading through Cautious Hero right now too and I think it'd be best if the profiles were based off of the novels

It's spherical & 10 meters in radius? Image? Also, how did he cause/make the explosion? Also also, I haven't read it, I just like the idea. We can also probably use anime stuff when it comes out, so long as it doesn't contradict the novels too greatly. For example: Giving us more visuals with the meteor strike scene.

Also, is the name of the Profile correct cause I see some wikis putting it differently after the anime release and I'm using his manga name

And we could put the pic in the OP as part of the pics along with my Renders or my Renders will be part of the gallery

Celestial Pegasus said:
If the anime doesn't contradict the novel, then there is no problem with using anime feats.
But yea based off what i have seen of the anime, he clearly isn't wall level, his feats need calcs.
I sent in the calc request on th Calc Request thread days ago. I sent in several feats for Seiya, one involving Seiya blowing up a town with Maximum Inferno.

The anime follows the novel close enough that nothing's blatantly contradicted. So yeah that should work

I assume the meteor crater calc is for his meteor strike on the 10,000 undead?

In any case, man, he's inconsistent, no? 276.7570267686424 Tons of TNT, 1.03074 Tons of TNT, & 19.85282002868069 Tons of TNT.

Weakest of the 3 is about 19.26 times weaker than the 2nd, & the 2nd is about 13.940439 times weaker than the strongest of the.

He did all of those feats without any effort at all. He probably scales to the highest feat.

I take issue with the Meteor Feat's results. Seiya is clearly significantly closer to the camera than the crater is so by not taking perspective into account, that calc is horridly inaccurate.

It also makes no sense how the supposedly 19.8 ton feat does the damage comparable to a nuke to the surrounding area while the "stronger" 276.7 ton feat barely makes a crater the length of a few trucks.

Heck, the Calc. assumes Seiya's Slime feat destroys more than Seiya did with the Meteor Feat, which even at a glance is completely incorrect.

How does this crater destroy 13.9404394176x more in volume than this

The perspectives of the meteor feat is indeed skewy, wasn't gonna calc it in the beginning.

Don't really think there is much of anything that can be done there.

KE maybe? You would have to ask a more experienced calcer for that.

Celestial Pegasus said:
The perspectives of the meteor feat is indeed skewy, wasn't gonna calc it in the beginning.
Don't really think there is much of anything that can be done there.

KE maybe? You would have to ask a more experienced calcer for that.
Agreed.

KE might be more accurate?

We could always try to calc the feat in terms of the mechanics of the spell? We see the meteor cross the screen with Seiya as a scale (Although again, perspective) and as he said himself, he would have to throw the thing fast enough that the Meteor straight up vaporizes in its entirety. This would also probably upgrade his speed since in the sentence prior, he said he was the one who accelerated and sped the meteor up; meaning it didn't initially start out at that speed.

SeiyaMeteorScale
SeiyaSpeedUpMeteor
SeiyaMeteorVaporize
For the speed we know it starts at 0 velocity since... we see it just floating there.

So turns out that the explosion feat is actually more impressive than the crater one, it's small building level comparable to the explosion feat which is building level.

ZackMoon1234 said:
Also, is the name of the Profile correct cause I see some wikis putting it differently after the anime release and I'm using his manga name
þ½£Õ««ÚÖó ÞüûÕôë is Ryuuguuin Seiya, so yes, the name is correct. And what do you mean by "manga name"? He has the same name in the novel, manga and anime.

Normally the Japanese names have the surname first and given name second, that's why I put almost all my characters like that. Ryuuguuin Seiya is fine, and it's not like it's a manga name, it depends on the translator.

Well then, shall we get to fixing up his powers and abilities, volumes 2 seiya is much much more powerful with berserk phase, looses meteor and flight, but has access to other powerful abilities.

I made the Profiles based on the Manga feats but there likely could be more feats that I missed on the Manga

So yeah, I didn't add any feats for them based on the LN/Anime so they probably need a revision,

Which would likely explain why the pages refered to the series as a manga, when it is a LN first and foremost.

The manga and the anime don't seem to be any different from one another from all I've gathered. Can't say anything about the light novel, though.

Back