• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The guy who resist everything vs the guy who kills everything

Wolfgang's true briah would be recognized

Trifa can spear

Rein can stigmata or spear if Iihiko shreds his whole legion

But mostly that Iihiko cant kill or incap Rein

Overlord775 said:
it's not

that is just his type 8 immortality
That's only if rein dies not in every scenario. In those cases we decided it is outside help if he tries to bring him back from possession or anything other than death.

@Warron

Not sure myself, but anyway.

In those cases though, wouldn't that imply the opponent is worthy of his attention? After all, he does seem to be quite picky on who can fight him one on one.

Also apparently Reinhard has power null listed on his page. Specifically the "negate magic attack" part.

HammerStrikes219 said:
@Warron
Not sure myself, but anyway.

In those cases though, wouldn't that imply the opponent is worthy of his attention? After all, he does seem to be quite picky on who can fight him one on one.

Also apparently Reinhard has power null listed on his page. Specifically the "negate magic attack" part.
If Reinhard intiates a fight with someone, then yes, he is interested in fighting them. If he wasn't, he'd either immediately throw the spear or send his legion out to do it for him.

Verses debates initiate said fight, and thus, that's how the character will act.

I don't really remember any moment where Reinhard negated any magic, but I do remember his spiritual armor being described as "Anti-Magic".

Firephoenixearl said:
Overlord775 said:
@Fire

Possession ain't getting pass Reinhard's soul armor
Not soul based do the armour is cool i guess not vs iihiko though.
Hmmmm if the possession is via spiritual means though, then obviously it won't be that easy to possess Reinhard it seems.

Warren Valion said:
Yeah, that's it.
Wait, what does "Anti-Accident" mean?
I assume it means to prevent anything that is suddenly unexpected and unintentionally to occur. Not sure if that is what that actually means, but it is a guess nonetheless.

Anyway my phone is dying so last post for now. A summary:

Iihiko:

Resists everything rein has that is not 1a and can disregard any resistance or defense that's not 1a.

Has a fool proof possession based on passing the legend if he is defeated in any way. That rein has no answer against.

That's basically what iihiko has rn besides his irreparable damage. Feel free to argue till I'm back.

The spear or Wolfgang's true briah would work

The possession arguably wouldn't work anyway. MVS would erase the legend as I've said

Paul Frank said:

The possession arguably wouldn't work anyway. MVS would erase the legend as I've said
1% more battery

No it won't erase the legend as i said. The legend is not reliant on iihiko's history otherwise it would end with iihiko s death since his history as a hero would end yet that's not the case.

How does this "Legend" possession thing work? Can it bypass Reinhard's soul armor?

And if Iihiko resists everything Reinhard has that isn't 1-A, wouldn't that lead to Reinhard using the spear as being able to outmatch Reinhard is impressive, no?

And if Reinhard uses the spear, then the "Legend" of Iihiko will disappear. So even if it does bypass Reinhard's soul armor, it wouldn't matter, because everything about Iihiko will cease to exist.

So does Iihiko have anything else to incap Reinhard?

Fire the legend is based on Iihiko's history

Dying doesn't erase your history

MVS does erase your history

Firephoenixearl said:
Paul Frank said:

1% more battery
No it won't erase the legend as i said. The legend is not reliant on iihiko's history otherwise it would end with iihiko s death since his history as a hero would end yet that's not the case.
Although it seems that lihiko, as pointed out earlier, can possess another body that is not of his own so in actuality the legend is lihiko himself.

Even the scan provided here by myself, say if the character in question defeat lihiko, that character will become the target by the legend it seems.

I vote stomp based off the fact that Iihiko has no ways of getting past Reinhard's Type 8.

Paul Frank said:
Fire the legend is based on Iihiko's history

Dying doesn't erase your history

MVS does erase your history
No, it is based on the histories of all heroes ever. Llt will ever the story of the current host, the other histories will still exist. Also llt ends a story it doesn't erase it. So that makes it even less effective. So again no, llt won't end the legend it will end the host bit not the legend as the legend is made of many ended stories.

Where has it ever been stated to be based on all heroes ever

It is literally said to be his legend multiple times and that's why he possesses you

does this legend thing literally turn you into Lihiko? Because if not, then I am sorry but that does nto count as possession it just sounds like gaining a title which you cant say is a winning for Lihiko.

Its defintly possession it just the rules of how it works isn't explained, and we only have one example of possession but that person didn't defeat Iihiko and was prepared to be possessed so we have no idea how the possession works if he is defeated and their is no prepared person for possession.

I'm pretty sure considering Medaka was the only person to ever beat Iihiko, she should have been a better target than Hansode no matter what. The fact she wasn't possessed brings into question the mechanics of the legend if you aren't prepared

Does it take longer?

Does it just not work?

Honestly, I'm having doubts if he can possess his opponent when defeated, theirs no feats for it and the statements of his possession are vague and don't clearly tell us if he can possess anyone not prepared beforehand.

Paul Frank said:
Where has it ever been stated to be based on all heroes ever

It is literally said to be his legend multiple times and that's why he possesses you
The legend isn't just 1 man though. That's like saying the iihiko we see is the first and only hero. Which is not. Even Hanten says "the iihiko you just met wasn't iihiko the hero but the being known as shishime iihiko whose legend has been passed down for 5000 years" Can't give you scan but it is chapter 166 page 8. There are also more quotes like "They preserved a historical hero and continued to pass down his legend.... you mean when the real dies and the double takes his place? The shiranui village has been repeating that process for 5000 years" same chapter a couple of pages ahead. The legend has been passed down several times already that alone makes it impossible for the legend to end by ending the history of the host. So llt will end the story of three host the legend will just go to rein then.

Paul Frank said:
I'm pretty sure considering Medaka was the only person to ever beat Iihiko, she should have been a better target than Hansode no matter what. The fact she wasn't possessed brings into question the mechanics of the legend if you aren't prepared

Does it take longer?

Does it just not work?
Not even close. No matter how close to the hero medaka was after beating iihiko she could never contend with shiranui's double system. The double system is meant to create perfect doubles, flawless doubles. In verse nothing can even come close. Medaka might have been close to being the hero iihiko but hansode at that point basically was iihiko since she was almost complete. She was the best host there by a margin, the doubles system exists for that reason.

No it doesn't take longer and yes it does work. The double system just serves to create a host without creating a hero that could defeat iihiko. Since the latter is for all intents and purposes impossible the doubles just create the double "the hero iihiko". If hansode hadn't been there medaka would have become iihiko because she would have been the closest thing to the hero or the best host possible. The possession is always nigh instantaneous because it was seemingly instant even though hansode wasn't a perfect double yet and even iihiko admits she took her too soon.

Yes the legend has been passed down for 5000 years, that doesn't mean the legend didn't come from Iihiko considering Ajimu fought him that long ago.

"The iihiko you just met wasn't iihiko the hero but the being known as shishime iihiko whose legend has been passed down for 5000 years"

That quote literally says it's his legend

What about what happens when Iihiko possesses Shiranui, Shiranui and Iihiko are clearly two different beings, with Shiranui being the one to 'kill' Iihiko using their own irreversible destruction against Iihiko's protests, and Iihko clearly acts as if he is the same being as the one who just got killed by Medaka.

Everything12 said:
What about what happens when Iihiko possesses Shiranui, Shiranui and Iihiko are clearly two different beings, with Shiranui being the one to 'kill' Iihiko using their own irreversible destruction against Iihiko's protests, and Iihko clearly acts as if he is the same being as the one who just got killed by Medaka.
Cus the iihiko who was killed by medaka was turned into the legend by the legend. Shiranui was going to become the legend as well becoming exactly like the iihiko medaka killed who was exactly like the previous iihiko who was exactly like the first iihiko legend. Both the iihiko medaka killed and the iihiko that was becoming hansode act the same cus they were transformed into the legend of iihiko the hero.

Back