• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Looks like Shadow can bypass Reinhard's Type 4 & 8 Immortality (Divine Blessing of the Phoenix), is much much stronger than Reinhard, and has a far more varied arsenal of items too.

That being said, I think Reinhard wins due to his durability negating slashes that cut through space, his far superior skill, and:
Divine Blessing of Innitiative: He can not be ambushed, and his first attack always hits.
Divine Blessing of First Sight: He always counters or dodges the first attack against him.
Divine Blessing of Second Sight: He always counters or dodges the second attack against him and every attack afterword, with greater precision and speed.
Divine Blessing of Arrow Avoidance: All ranged attacks will automatically miss him.

Actually looking at the way his fate/reality(?) hax seems to work, this might be incon.

But how does it work trought?
In the shadow fight verse there is this world mechanic where certain people have more importance to the world than others. It basically works like plot armor and certain people are main character tier, so like a guy can bring enormous change to the world with bare minimum effort while a more hard working and talented person would be unable to do so. Its basically like how Reinhard is favored by the world
the people who have these abilities themselves arent aware of this themselves though so I am not sure if this is combat applicable or not.

It appears that the fate hax is thought-based (i.e Shadow thinks he wants to defeat the enemy, so fate leads to that outcome happening, or Shadow thinks a character with Immo Type 4 should stay dead, so they do stay dead) but how exactly this happens, how potent it is, and how capable it is at making the impossible possible, appears unknown.

You'd need to ask a supporter/someone more knowledgable on the verse though, this is just what I parsed from the profile & other matches.

How this would interact with Divine Blessings that give Reinhard 100% guarantees, and which have been suggested to have to with fate, I have no idea.

So unless someone proves that Shadow's hax is either broken beyond belief or totally irrelevent, I'll say incon.

It appears that the fate hax is thought-based (i.e Shadow thinks he wants to defeat the enemy, so fate leads to that outcome happening, or Shadow thinks a character with Immo Type 4 should stay dead, so they do stay dead) but how exactly this happens, how potent it is, and how capable it is at making the impossible possible, appears unknown.

You'd need to ask a supporter/someone more knowledgable on the verse though, this is just what I parsed from the profile & other matches.

How this would interact with Divine Blessings that give Reinhard 100% guarantees, and which have been suggested to have to with fate, I have no idea.

So unless someone proves that Shadow's hax is either broken beyond belief or totally irrelevent, I'll say incon.

Well he had been defeated before by Titan numerous times so its definitely something that can be overcome

Anyways i dont see reality warp on his page although some other characters in Sf verse do have it, its their ability to force fight rules on other people and some of them are law defying such as changing the controls so going left will make them go right or stepping on certain areas will insta kill them

Titan has fate hax too.

The fate hax also seems like while it normally functions over an unknown period of time, if he's killed with his wish unfulfilled then the Fate hax will instantly activate to kill the opponent too.

This might not do in Reinhard though since Shadow isn't aware of resurrection unless he kills him beforehand and thus would not specifically think "I want to defeat him and he should not come back to life."

Anyways i dont see reality warp on his page although some other characters in Sf verse do have it, its their ability to force fight rules on other people and some of them are law defying such as changing the controls so going left will make them go right or stepping on certain areas will insta kill them
It's right next to his fate manip, but if it works like that then Intuition should basically nullify it.

Titan has fate hax too.

The fate hax also seems like while it normally functions over an unknown period of time, if he's killed with his wish unfulfilled then the Fate hax will instantly activate to kill the opponent too.

This might not do in Reinhard though since Shadow isn't aware of resurrection unless he kills him beforehand and thus would not specifically think "I want to defeat him and he should not come back to life."
Yeah, thats what i inferred from the other shadow fight threads too
It's right next to his fate manip, but if it works like that then Intuition should basically nullify it.
Yes

Shadows wincon rn should be him managing to kill Reinhard once after which he wills Reinhard to not resurrect anymore, then even if Shadow dies Reinhard will die too.

If that's how it works then I do think Reinhard is in a position where his victory is most likely. Incon is the next most likely. And Shadow winning is the least likely.

Space cutting, Innitiative, First Sight, Second Sight, and Phoenix combined nets him the win imo.

If that's how it works then I do think Reinhard is in a position where his victory is most likely. Incon is the next most likely. And Shadow winning is the least likely.

Space cutting, Innitiative, First Sight, Second Sight, and Phoenix combined nets him the win imo.
Should i count your vote then?

Is this not a stomp? If original name here can Reality warp and negate immortaly, he gonna just ignore all Reinhard blessings and one shot him.
Like "wow, i want to hit him" he gonna ignore Reinhard blessings.
Not sure what exactly Reinhard could here.

Is this not a stomp? If original name here can Reality warp and negate immortaly, he gonna just ignore all Reinhard blessings and one shot him.
Like "wow, i want to hit him" he gonna ignore Reinhard blessings.
Not sure what exactly Reinhard could here.
Thats the fate manipulation not reality warp, also its Apparently way more vague than that since Shadow might want to kill his opponent but the method depends and Reinhard can probably kill him before that too

Oh but this Underworld continuity Shadow kind of has 3 separate types of fate haxes.

There's the popular one (Historical Importance Index) that gets introduced in SF3 which is what you guys are arguing about here.

And the second one is a dialed up to a hundred version of the first. Shadow gains it after he enters Tenebris' Portal, causing him and humanity to "swap places" with Tenerbis and the other Eternals. It is here where Shadow gains the ability to wield the Threads of Fate similarly to how the literal embodiments of fate and Tenebris are capable of. Shadow can manually decide which direction the next coil of life and death will take along the spiral of history. This profile is a bit outdated but I made a discovery recently in which characters who can see fate lines by default view the future. And with Shadow in this version being able to view anybody's fate line, I wouldn't be surprised if he could just see whatever Rein can pull off in the future and adapt accordingly via altering destiny.

And the last fate hax comes from Valentine's Day equipment created by Fatum, with each being able to change destiny.

And to top it all off I could also just throw in there the Supernatural Luck granted to Shadow by him owning one of Son of Heaven's coins, though how lucky he can get is never shown.

Thank you for your input king, this looks like a heavy stomp then- Reinhard's got nothing for that.

Oh but this Underworld continuity Shadow kind of has 3 separate types of fate haxes.

There's the popular one (Historical Importance Index) that gets introduced in SF3 which is what you guys are arguing about here.

And the second one is a dialed up to a hundred version of the first. Shadow gains it after he enters Tenebris' Portal, causing him and humanity to "swap places" with Tenerbis and the other Eternals. It is here where Shadow gains the ability to wield the Threads of Fate similarly to how the literal embodiments of fate and Tenebris are capable of. Shadow can manually decide which direction the next coil of life and death will take along the spiral of history. This profile is a bit outdated but I made a discovery recently in which characters who can see fate lines by default view the future. And with Shadow in this version being able to view anybody's fate line, I wouldn't be surprised if he could just see whatever Rein can pull off in the future and adapt accordingly via altering destiny.

And the last fate hax comes from Valentine's Day equipment created by Fatum, with each being able to change destiny.

And to top it all off I could also just throw in there the Supernatural Luck granted to Shadow by him owning one of Son of Heaven's coins, though how lucky he can get is never shown.
Btw is there any key or character in shadow fight that can have a matchup with Reinhard?

Btw is there any key or character in shadow fight that can have a matchup with Reinhard?
Ancient probably? Memory Wipe which leads into Madness; Law-based Death Manipulation, Causality Manipulation, Combat Manipulation (this one can unironically be his best for how uncommon it is); Time Travel (though this one is never used by him in actual combat, so I'd see it as something to use after he throws his other haxes at the wall). Oh and obviously the same Historical fate thingy that Shadow has.

Ancient probably? Memory Wipe which leads into Madness; Law-based Death Manipulation, Causality Manipulation, Combat Manipulation (this one can unironically be his best for how uncommon it is); Time Travel (though this one is never used by him in actual combat, so I'd see it as something to use after he throws his other haxes at the wall). Oh and obviously the same Historical fate thingy that Shadow has.
Didnt Ancient force the titan fight to be repeated whenever Shadow lost?
It did be similar to pride if in thàt case

Didnt Ancient force the titan fight to be repeated whenever Shadow lost?
It did be similar to pride if in thàt case
It was a sort of Time Stop into a rewind (the second part which Rein apparently can't resist), yeah.

Hmmm I see.... I don't really have any ideas right now for another matchup. Most of the canon cast that currently have profiles get run over by him (depending on how HII is interpreted), or some of the Underworld continuity cast pull off some other haxes.

It was a sort of Time Stop into a rewind (the second part which Rein apparently can't resist), yeah.

Hmmm I see.... I don't really have any ideas right now for another matchup. Most of the canon cast that currently have profiles get run over by him (depending on how HII is interpreted), or some of the Underworld continuity cast pull off some other haxes.
It would be much easier if they had separate keys for that but it seems all characters automatically have it..

It would be much easier if they had separate keys for that but it seems all characters automatically have it..
This could've been simply avoided if restricting abilities was still a thing. No idea why it was decided to remove such an option since in this verse's case it cancels out so many potential matchups and for me as a supporter of this verse it ruins all the fun in discussing each character's gimmick when it ultimately all boils down to cracking the code on how HII works. It gets to the point where it wouldn't matter if you threw either Xiang Tzu or Yukka (two characters with different approaches to a fight thanks to their gimmicks) at someone because you'll end up discussing fate hax.

This could've been simply avoided if restricting abilities was still a thing. No idea why it was decided to remove such an option since in this verse's case it cancels out so many potential matchups and for me as a supporter of this verse it ruins all the fun in discussing each character's gimmick when it ultimately all boils down to cracking the code on how HII works. It gets to the point where it wouldn't matter if you threw either Xiang Tzu or Yukka (two characters with different approaches to a fight thanks to their gimmicks) at someone because you'll end up discussing fate hax.
I agree so much with that

Back