• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The God of High School Massive Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
Just pumped out 2 other CRTs, so I will try my best not to sound incredibly tired.

The God of High School has reached it's final arc and the pages aren't updated. More than that, I have other issues to settle and rectify. (Note that some pages reflect ratings from a time before the last major revision for GoH was done. As the only person updating profiles, it is normal that I would miss some of them. Please disregard any outdated ratings with regards to this revision.)

Pre-Arc 6 Changes
Arc 2
This arc's characters backscale from themselves in the next arc. Originally, I had them backscale because of the assumption that humans naturally can harm Angelos and Nephilims without the Taboo. However, I've come to the realization that that is faulty logic, as random human beings wouldn't be able to just suddenly harm the divine, with or without Taboo. As such, saying that characters from an arc where they never fought any of the divine scale to themselves in an arc where they were clearly shown to have gotten stronger doesn't sit right with me. As such, I'm proposing that all arc 2 characters who aren't limiter removed Commissioners, or Jegal with the Key absorbed be downgraded back to 8-C, higher with (insert martial art here) if it applies to them.

Arc 3 and 5
Currently, the mid tiers of these two arcs scale to 6-C, possibly Low 6-B. 6-C was based on a calc wherein Jaesan Jeon takes the collective nukes of the USA, and a magic meteor, and tries to kill an Angelos with it. It was pointed out to me that the Angelos only survived because Jaesan had to undo the barrier surrounding the area. Had the barrier been in place, the full power of the nuke+meteor combo would have killed the Angelos. As such, the output should not scale to it as it would have died to it anyway.

Low 6-B comes from a throwaway line where Commissioner O's dragon states that dragons could shake the planet. This wound up as possibly because it was entirely a throwaway line, and the validity of the statement was very shaky.

At this point, I want to turn your attention to this calc that Jacky made. It scales to Nephilim throwing swords from orbit, which they have been shown to be capable of doing. Everyone in Arc 3 could harm Nephilim once the Taboo was broken. As such, I'm proposing that all mid tiers post-Arc 3 scale to 6-B

Now, every god tier in these two arcs scale to Ardun, who was stated to be stronger than Uriel from Arc 5. The context behind this was related to lifting strength, not striking strength, as Uriel was bragging about picking up a fake Yeoui, only to have her arms torn out when trying to lift the real Yeoui. Mori then says that she's not as strong as Ardun. Now, Ardun only damaged Yeoui using an attack that was clearly stronger than his regular arsenal (Lot was actually concerned that Ardun hard to resort to Chamyogeom), and visibly tore his skin upon conjuring. (Note that his body is made up of the strongest material in Heaven and couldn't even be cracked by Mori without repeated strikes to the same exact area)

This means that Arc 3 god tiers should not scale physically to Arc 5 god tiers. As such, I'm proposing we downgrade them back to their original tier, 5-A. The evidence can be found in their history, but for convenience sake: Mori and Okhwang tank two planets being thrown at them (Okhwang should get this tier by default for performing the feat), and Mori tanks the explosion of the Sage Realm (Note that Sujin merely halted the explosion of the planet so she could fight with Mori. The planet would have exploded like shown even without her ability)

Arc 5 god tiers currently scale to Okhwang nuking all of Asia. However, PowerToScale has made a new calc, placing Daewi and a dying Mori Hui at 4-C. This should scale to all Ragnarok Gods.

Now, 250,000x Mori has a feat of kicking all of Satan's clones which was previously calced by DMUA and produced a 4-A end result. However, this end lacked any evidence to justify the rating... Until now. Originally, the idea behind the 4-A end was that Satan was stated by Mori to have been turning the universe white. This would have meant that Satan was cloning up to the ends of the universe. Back then, it was considered hyperbole. However, in the latest few chapters of the series, Mujin faces Satan and the latter performs the exact same cloning feat, and Mujin proceeds to use his sacred treasures to reveal the universe to him for a moment, so that he could snipe Satan's clones from Earth.

Now the feat happening once with Mori's statement can be considered hyperbole, but Mujin proceeding to respond in the same exact way when faced with the same exact feat, is no coincidence. This was on top of the narration stating that the universe turned off for a moment after Mori's kick. There was clearly an intent to establish the range of Satan's clones here. As such, I'm taking DMUA's 4-A end of the calc and proposing that it be applied to 250,000x Mori Jin.

"But Ovens," I hear you cry. "Isn't Mori 4-B with the 250,000x multiplier?"

Why, yes. Which brings me to my next point.

Multipliers and the Woes Therein
GoH is a series that flaunts multipliers in the form of amps. For a long time now, we have considered these amps as literal. Personally, my reasoning for that is that whenever someone uses a multiplier, it is usually either to stomp or match someone who was previously stomping. However, it has come to light that this bears a few issues.

The most prominent issue, is that if we took the 250,000x multiplier as literal, it would reach nowhere near 4-A. It would at most reach 4-B. Secondly, the existence of the 250,000x multiplier puts into question the other large multipliers. There exists a 190,000x multiplier that only exists off screen, and a bunch of double digit multipliers that range anywhere from 24x to 72x. Outside of the 250,000x and the 190,000x multipliers, the lesser multipliers would fall within the boundaries of our usable multiplier standards. As such, I think they should remain as usable multipliers while 190,000x and 250,000x be disregarded.

However, I have also pondered the thought of removing the literal multipliers entirely. If two can't stay, all shouldn't. But I have gotten negative feedback on this, so I will leave this part up for debate as of now.

Lifting Strength Issues
Every God tier scales to Mori, who is Class Y for lifting Yeoui, which supposedly weighs as much as large planets. This is false. I made a calc of Yeoui's weight at the largest it has ever been and got Class P. The characters that do have Class Y lifting strength, do so with telekinesis (Okhwang, Satan, and Daewi). As such, god tiers should downgrade to Class P. Mori Jin and Hui with the original Yeoui should both get Class Y lifting strength only with Yeoui, as it could push back Jupiter.

Powers and Abilities
This section will be dedicated to the addition of powers and abilities to certain characters.

Mujin Park (Maitraya): Telepathy, Mind Manipulation, Paralysis Inducement, Deconstruction, Soul Manipulation, Power Absorption, Biological Manipulation, Mid Regeneration, Cosmic Awareness, Summoning, and possibly all of Satan's powers

Edit: Hl3 or bust has pointed out to me that Mujin should also get Power Nullification for negging Satan's regen

Mori Dan: Resistance to Deconstruction, Paralysis Inducement, and Soul Manipulation

Mori Hui: Adaptation (Could adapt to Hydra's venom in his blood)

Edit: PowerToScale has pointed out to me that Mori Hui could hold the fake monkey mutant while he was melting which would give him resistance to acid manip

Mori Jin: Everything in this sandbox (I'm really too tired at this point to list down everything)

Dean Ockham: Power Absorption (Every time a Gen X dies, their power is transferred to another Gen X; this should also be added for all future Generation X profiles)

Mira Yoo/Daewi Han: Empowerment with the Blade of Tathagatha (By extension it should also give anyone else with the blade this ability), Damage Reduction with the Robe of the Sage (I can't find the exact scan for this but I know for a fact it exists. If someone could help me find it, that would be much appreciated)

666:Satan: Every ability he has copied from Mujin. (He also needs to have the number of clones he can make reworded to the original Korean translation), Immortality Type 2 (Can live without a heart)

Gods in general: Mid regen (Most gods thus far have displayed this level of regen)

I may have left out a tons of other powers, but I'm tired and sleepy, so I'll edit them in if I remember they exist or if people tell me about them.

Power Scaling
Supreme Gods (Mori and Maitraya Mujin) and those who scale: 4-A (Mujin gets At least since he's far stronger than the others)

Mira possessed by Tathagatha and Full Power of Okhwang Daewi: High 4-C (If multipliers remain)/4-C (If multipliers don't remain), likely 4-A (Prime Okhwang should scale to Tathagatha as they were part of the same old pantheon of Gods and Tathagatha's power is what makes Mujin 4-A in the first place)

Ragnaork Gods and Satan's base: 4-C (Scaling off of Daewi)

Arc 3 Gods: 5-A

In Summary
Arc 2 characters go back to 8-C, higher with (insert martial art)

Arc 3 mid tiers will get 6-B. God tiers will get 5-A.

All god tiers will be downgraded to Class P LS, with notable exceptions getting Class Y.

Supreme Gods and all who scale will get 4-A.

Edit: PowerToScale recalculated the 250,000x kick and got a higher end result. This is still 4-A, just higher.

The rest will have to be discussed.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on the multiplier debacle?

Is there particular indication for the multipliers to be taken literally? I know multiple stuff like this usually tends to face a lot of scrutiny.

I was thinking this was going to happen when the series ended, but I guess we could make a new revision later if anything changes.

Multipliers:
The multipliers I already disagreed and think 250 000x is valid, but I think that they should be their own separate discussion.

The lifting weight:
The planet thing comes from Uriel able to withstand the weight of Mars and we know it's weight as she comments on Mars being too heavy but once holding the real yeoui her hands break off here body. Also, If we disregard that, we have actually inverse statement on how much it weighs.

Arc scaling:
I don't have a proper opinion on that yet, so no comment from me.

Abilities:
All the abilities look fine, If I find any that you've missed I let you know. One thing that you did was Dimensional Storage and absorption/sealing with the gourd.

The argument is posted in the OP. Basically, anytime an amp is used, it's usually done to match an opponent who was previously stomping, or stomp an opponent.

@PowerToScale Uriel was clearly unable to push back Mars, and her arms were torn while trying to grab Yeoui.

I'm saying that none of the characters have a physical Class Y feat to scale from.

Seems reasonable except Prime Okhwang and Tathagata scaling to Mo-Ri/Satan. It has been mentioned in the series that Maitreya (Mujin + Tathagata) is a completely separate being from Tathagata. Mo-Ri and Satan should scale far above all other gods as Ragnarok Mo-Ri is much stronger than the version that killed Tathagata and Satan matched him. Daewi has also been called superior to Okhwang by the other gods - so there's that as well

PS : Satan should also get the ability of stealing the weapons and techniques of whoever he's fighting. It's more generally applicable than Power mimicry and he steals Mandala from Mujin and Yeoi from Mo-Ri

seems reasonable really doe the multiplier while i can understand the problem i feel we have to have them as it literally stacks the user's power. Also personally opinion but I would rather wait until the arc is finished as there could be more to show but tat's just me

I'll add the abilities that some users have told me about to the OP.

As for the multipliers, I guess everything except the 250,000x would remain, since it has a calced feat to go with it.

PowerToScale recalculated the 250,000x kick. I think it should be evaluated as it gives a higher end of 4-A.

I'm the opinion that feats should almost always be taken over statements. If Jin did a 4-A feat with the 250k multiplier, then we disregard that multiplier.

Other multipliers don't seem to be contradicted tho.

Also, rest of the stuff in here is fine.

However, in the latest few chapters of the series, Mujin faces Satan and the latter performs the exact same cloning feat, and Mujin proceeds to use his sacred treasures to reveal the universe to him for a moment, so that he could snipe Satan's clones from Earth.
This doesn't show the universe though. Just a solar system. The universe being shown to him for a moment doesn't mean that Satan covered the universe, especially when given the exact amount of clones he produced and the distances between them not being large enough to cover the entire universe.

Yes, but through context, the exact same mention of the universe is repeated after Satan performs the feat a second time. This isn't mere coincidence, this is a blatant showing that he does in fact clone that far. Plus, the planets shown when Satan's clones were destroyed weren't confirmed to be those within our solar system.

It shows the outer end of the solar system in the bottom of the panel and explosions stretching out till the top edge of the panel way in the distance. And then Mujin says : "the universe was revealed for a moment"

As for the number of clones, Satan can create them ad infinitum. He just gets stopped early both times

But the original calc had an end for them going to another Solar System as well.
This isn't mere coincidence, this is a blatant showing that he does in fact clone that far.
Its not though. The dialogue was different between them
  • Jinn's statement
  • He said that the universe was shown to him for a moment
Both statements don't follow each other. The universe being shown to him does not mean that 666:Satan covered the universe, it just means the universe was shown to him.
He just gets stopped early both times
And both times he's stopped far before those numbers would reach universe filling size.

if you divide the radius of the observable universe by the number of clones it is estimated that Satan produced (I believe it is 200 quintillion) - you would get an average spacing of 2200 km - which is actually very low considering the cosmic nature of the feat. In fact, if you count the individual points of light in Mujin's feat as locations of Satan clones, you can see that there are a small number of clones in an interplanetary range - meaning the spacing is way more than 2200 km

Sir_Ovens and Qawsedf234

So what should we do here?

I mean if everyone but me wants to do the 4-A thing, then just apply everything. If other people feel the 4-A stuff is iffy then everything but that can be applied and we can keep talking about it later.
you would get an average spacing of 2200 km
This has multiple issues
  • The clones are shown to be rather close to each other in large numbers
  • You could fit all of them in the volume of a single solar system due to the enormous amount of empty space there is. The volume from the Sun to the Kuiper belt is 3.79e+29 cubic kilometers
  • Lastly your number assumes them basically being in a straight line when they aren't

Well, you usually have a good sense of judgement, so it is likely better to continue talking a bit before rushing into anything.

I mean if everyone but me wants to do the 4-A thing, then just apply everything. If other people feel the 4-A stuff is iffy then everything but that can be applied and we can keep talking about it later.

This has multiple issues
  • The clones are shown to be rather close to each other in large numbers
  • You could fit all of them in the volume of a single solar system due to the enormous amount of empty space there is. The volume from the Sun to the Kuiper belt is 3.79e+29 cubic kilometers
  • Lastly your number assumes them basically being in a straight line when they aren't
The visuals do at least show that they are largely distributed along one plane - so the area covered would depend on the angle at the center. Mori's feat specifically showed they were kind of lined up for the most part.

The problem is that no one can really comprehend what a quintillion clones stretching across space would look like. I think one possibility could be to try to estimate the clone density from the number of explosions in the area shown (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune are there for reference and planets in the solar system do lie on the same plane)

Another thing to try would be to upgrade the clone durability to at least whatever is needed to survive on the surface of the Sun, and retry the calc with Solar System and interstellar ranges (Mujin's feat at least shows that it extends way beyond solar system range)

The problem is that no one can really comprehend what a quintillion clones stretching across space would look like. I think one possibility could be to try to estimate the clone density from the number of explosions in the area shown (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune are there for reference and planets in the solar system do lie on the same plane)
These ends are already taken into account for the original non-universal ends of the calc
Another thing to try would be to upgrade the clone durability to at least whatever is needed to survive on the surface of the Sun
Guess you could do that, if it doesn't fall under calc stacking rules. But it would only apply to Jinn's feat.

To do such a recalc, we would have to account for the original Korean number of clones, which is far higher than the translation gave us.

Guess you could do that, if it doesn't fall under calc stacking rules. But it would only apply to Jinn's feat.
Yeah calcs being discussed are for Mo-Ri's kick feat only and they were fighting inside the Sun when Satan started to clone himself so there's a basis for that

To do such a recalc, we would have to account for the original Korean number of clones, which is far higher than the translation gave us.
That would have to be done either way since none of the calcs are using that number.

Mujin and Mori's feat are also different in method and the way the clones were distributed so they should be calc'd differently.

That would have to be done either way since none of the calcs are using that number.

Mujin and Mori's feat are also different in method and the way the clones were distributed so they should be calc'd differently.
Mujin's feat is more of a Hax feat compared to Mo-Ri's - which is purely physical - so it probably can't be used for AP anyway

Mujin scales to Mori anyway so it checks out.

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

Dargoo's heat feats revision makes Mori's sun durability moot.

So we either keep 4-B or switch to 4-A.

Recalcing the feat of Mori vaporizing all of Satan's clones with their durability adjusted to tanking the surface of the sun won't work because the latter feat is a heat feat, and thus won't scale to durability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back