• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The final round: Ozpin vs Yoda

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
Not only will this be practically the finale of Star Wars vs RWBY. But the third and final time this is made.

Prime Ozpin vs Canon Yoda, and before I get "Ugh High 7C vs Low 7B" Ozpin is 1.43 Megatons while Yoda Stomps 473 Kilotons characters by walking, the AP difference is not that big of a factor.

Speed is Equal obv

Ozpi: 1

Yoda: 7

Before anyone tries to argue lolmindhax, High 7-C Star Wars characters dont have combat applicable mind hax.

Comparing a High 7C to a storm trooper is hardly combat

Anyway, enough of that, ya'll may vote

Yoda via superior tactical skills (Ozpins idea of fighting against tough odds is to just "get him to his limit" when said "him" is thrashing his team. Yoda taught tactical geniuses like Dooku all they know and has turned enemies against each other in the only battle he's participated in, and scales to the knowledge of everyone in the order since he has instructed most of them to at least some degree), telekinetic versatility, and being a more well rounded fighter overall. It helps he has a far better record than Ozpin, particularly when it comes to fighting comparable opponents.

Also, tbh Yoda and Palps should get a "Possibly Low 7-B" rating, but off topic.

Also, Lightsaber >>> Cane

Oz is also ~4x stronger than Yoda has a far more versatile moveset including being able to flash freeze Yoda by pointing at him

WeeklyBattles said:
Oz is also ~4x stronger than Yoda has a far more versatile moveset
Uhh what?

268x5 is 1.4 Megatons

Only reason Yoda isn't High 7C+ is because you can't get that without a calc, and he curvstomps 478 Kilotons characters by moving.

He's not 4x stronger

I mean

By walking

And said character is fodder to Yoda

The AP gap isn't that big at all, and there's more arguments to make that isn't AP

AP is almost a moot point all things considered :p

That said, I see more reasoning for Yoda than Oz. Yoda is a more skilled tactician and has all those nifty little Force abilities that give him small edges.

@Bambu Yoda doesnt actually have all that many force abilities in this key

Oz also has more experience than Yoda

I see Precognition as a major contender. And Mind Manip.

But yeah no I see what you mean literally no abilities, eh?

He can read Ozpin's mind and foresee his every action.

I vote for Yoda lol.

No he cant, not in this key my guy

Hang on, let me make a full list because Ozpin should take this with relative ease

Precog's in this key, is it not? Telepathy, too?

Precognition is based on reading muscle movements and telepathy only works on weakminded

Legit that's not going to win a fight at all.

Nor does Yoda "Read a person's mind to see their next move" because that literally involves standing still to focus which is a death sentence

1. So what you're saying is he has precognition. Because he can tell his movements. But alright. Whatever you say.

2. From what I can tell, main argument for Ozpin is "forcefields", which Yoda also has, in this key, and pointing is easy to dodge due to Precog (muscle movement). If Oz fights as Bruce says, which I assume he does since, literally nobody countered that, Yoda takes it. That is my vote.

@Bambu The main argument for Ozpin is being 2-3x stronger having more experience, having forcefields far more durable than Yoda's, and being able to flash freeze Yoda by ppinting at him

Also I'd like to point out the argument for "haha the mind hax isn't combat applicable" is that Ozpin is higher tier.

In this thread, attack potency is scaled to mental durability. What even is this atrocity. oof.

But hey, means nothing to me I guess. Yoda takes it for me.

Ozpin:

+Higher AP and Durability (Casual 1.4 Megatons vs Stomping 468 Kilotons)

+Far more versatile (Fire Manipulation, Weather Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation)

++Can freeze Yoda solid by pointing at him

+Aura coated staff can contend with the Lightsaber

+More and better forcefields (Bubble shield, personal barrier, and aura, all of which share his durability)

+More combat experience (Thousands of years vs Yoda's 900)

+Afterimages

-+Aura senses and perception match Force amped senses

-Electricity manip can be countered by Tsunamis

-Inferior Telekinesis

Yoda:

+Precog

+Better Telekinesis

+Likely more skilled in combat

+Can counter electricity manip via Tsunamis

-+Force amped senses are matched by Aura senses and perception

-Mind hax is not combat applicable

-Matter hax is not combat applicable