• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Final Battle! Roy vs Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just played FE9 and people already praise Ike's combat style (not yet Gawain level but still), Ike in FE10 surpasses his father.

Again, as much as a tactician Roy is, in a 1v1 duel Ike has the upper hand in technique and experience.

This is 1v1 not an army vs army battle.

Okay, two things.

I finally read up on what an uphill battle is, and i do think that there is a share amount of personal opinion in there.

You could say Roy fighting Zephiel was also an uphill battle becuase Zephiel was way more experienced in fighting, or any time they have to scort someone weak in any battle.

And two.

Isnt it funny everyone you guys reported in the rule violation thread are the ones voting Roy?

At least notify people that they are being reported. Charger literally had to send me a messge last night.

@adobe the fact that literally every voter for Roy are new here, voting for the same flawed reason, and is just ignoring points from the other side of the debate should show you that it's more than just a mere coincidence.

Also it's not a personal opinion when it's shown that Ike has been in more uphill battles than Roy ever did. Like when he was trying to hold fort when the Daein soldiers surrounded them after greil died, or when Ike had to carry a heron with him, pretty much putting himself in a crutch when he was surrounded by enemy soldiers, or the numerous battles that he's been in where he was ambushed.

Also, even in Path of Radiance, Ike still knew a thing or two about tactics, shown in the base conversations with Jorge and Daniel

Not that their tactics used in skirmishes would really apply here, as this is only a 1v1 (which Ike even has more experience in that aspect alone, even in Path of Radiance, Ike has fought more people in 1v1), just thought I'd mention that Ike isn't an idiot when it comes to tactics

Can you explain to us how it's dismissive when we literally debunked those arguments with facts and feats?

@glassman

You are literally biased against Roy.

You have reported people just becaused they voted for him, and now you are implying all of our votes are invalid?

While you chose to ignore people like Pencil (Who only has 1 edit), PaChi (Who literally repeats your argument over and over), Cloud (That voted Ike fra becfore going inconclusive) and Noah (Who also just voted Ike fra)?

And you keep saying our votes shouldnt count because you dont like em, or they were "debunked" off screen.

You should really be banned for this, this is over the top insulting.

@Medeus

Uphill battles are literally every battle that has the odds put against you.

Yeah, i cannot think of any battle were Roy pulled thru even when he is at least 5 years younger than anyone else...

And Ike´s fighting slight skill advantage shouldnt matter since Roy has fought people way more experienced than him, Like Zephiel (over 20 years of fighting experience) , Murdock (over 20 years of fighting experience and has exclusive quotes when fighting Roy.) or most generals. (Who could kill Hector, while old, he kept on fighting, and thus, has tons of fighting experience.

I am literally using this argument because you say Ike fighting Zelgius and Ashera somehow negates Roy´s healing over an Ike that has no skills. (Aka. No renewal.)

@charger do you mind explain to me in a way that doesn't make you look like a fanboy how I'm biased against Roy? Also it's literally been explained why the Roy voters are socks in the rule violation thread since the similarities are way too in common. I also said that we debunked those claims on why Roy should win. How about you actually read when we've said for Ike before you accuse us of being biased.

Well, i still dont think comparing Ike and Roy to others are good arguments, after all, Roy isnt fighting Zelgius and Ike isnt fighting Zephiel.

This is Roy vs Ike. No one else.

And Roy has faced skilled opponents too before, so i dont think removing votes because of "debunked arguments" is 100% accurate.

What a joke.

You said i was a sock because i had a "19" on my username, ad everyone on this thread should go to the rule violation thread to check it out.

And if you are arguing Ike should win because he has faced opponents with healing, i can do the same with skill, because Roy has fought opponents more experienced than himself.

You are biased and report anyone who disagress with you, i am 100% sure of it.

And the rule violation thread is proof of it.

Roy 7 Ike 6 Inconclusive 1

24 hours till inconclusive.

And since MegamanGohan has 899 edits, there is no way he is a sock.

@adobe it doesn't matter if it's Ike vs Roy, we can still bring up people that they've fought and see who has better feats.

@charger so me reporting people who are voting in the same thread for the same debunked reasoning while being new here is apparently me being biased and not suspecting that they can be made by someone else so that their favorite character can win huh?

@marco of course he's not a sock. Also the votes for Roy do not count at all since we debunked the points.

I've told you.

You cant discount votes on MY thread because you dont agree with them.

Please be a reasonable adult and accept that other people have different opinions.

It does matter because of what charger just said.

If you take away skills because Ike has fought people with those skills, there is no limit on the things they can take away from each other because they have fought opponents with similar skills.

If Roy has fought people more experienced to himself, then there shouldnt be any problem in him outskilling Ike.

@marco You mean the votes based on points that don't hold any ground? Just because they have different opinions doesn't mean that they're right. The whole point of a vs matchup is to bring up FACTUAL POINTS, not OPINION BASED VOTES, if you just blindly accept votes without double checking, then what's the point in having an unbiased debate.

@adobe I can say the same thing for Ike, who has fought much, MUCH more people that have more skills than him.

I took Pencil's, Cloud's , Noah's votes in count even if they were just "Ike fra".

I dont see you complaining about or reporting those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back