• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riiingo said:
Here's everything, if I put I can do this next to it, I should be able to handle those profiles. Akatosh (mainly capitalization and immortality specify, type 4 likely) I can do this

Talos (capitalization and immortality specify, should be type 4) I can do this

Dovahkiin needs immortality specify, should be type 4

Alduin is having a lot of revisions so if something changes with him I'll just ask that his immortality be edited along with it.

Mannimarco (capitalization and immortality, type 4) I can do this

Vivec (needs to stop being a mary sue

im joking, capitalization and immortality specify, type 4)

Arkay (Capitalization, immortality, and links, type 4) I can do this

Kynareth (Links, Capitalization), I can do this

Thats it for Divines and Dragons and Immortals.

Now for the Daedric Princes

Mehrunes Dago (Immortality is incorrect, should be type 4 as it is a literal deity, which is the requirement for type 4)

All other Daedric princes need immortality change as type 4 covers most of all of that.

All other Daedric Princes except Clavicus Vile, Sheogorath, Peryite, Sanguine, Boethiah, Trinimac/Malacath, Mephala, and Vaermina need capitalization.

Vaermina needs her Control over Dreams and Nightmares as Fear Manipulation (nightmares are apart of it) and Dream Manipulation, I can do this

ok thats it for that, now for the other gods.

Magnus , links and capitalization, incorrect specification on his powers (super strength should be superhuman physical characteristics), I can do this.

Baan Dar (Capitalization, format stuff isnt there)

Yffre (Capitalization, links, song manipulation should likely be sound manipulation)

Lorkha (Immortality Specify, type 4) I can do this

Anui-el in his category is noted as a light user, should I add that in, along with immortality (His mirror Sithis has this as well as predating the existence of Akatosh)?, he should also not have Complex Multiversal range, no idea where that came from.. I can do this

Cosmic Awareness is enhanced senses

That's it for now.
All of this, also note that the striking strength is ****** up as immeasurable when it should be Multiversal+

Okay. I suppose that seems reasonable, but somebody would need to unlock several of the pages for you. What do you think Azathoth?

@Ant

That seems fine.

Though, as before, I am questioning where people are getting this whole "Mundus is a multiverse" thing from, since it is explicitly a single plane, and the Dragon Breaks that split the timeline are phenomena that eventually patch themselves back into a single timeline.

Okay. Are you willing to help Riiingo with temporarily unlocking and fixing the relevant profiles? I am already very busy with the daily backlog.

https://www.imperial-library.info/content/introduction-lore-elder-scrolls-online

It calls Mundus a multiverse. "Nirn has unmoored itself from the fabric of the multiverse"

Considering how

Oblivion is infinite. Called a multiverse

Aetherius is infinite. Called a multiverse.

Dragon break seems to imply Akatosh was divided by infinity

I think it's safe to assume Mundus has infinite parallels.

@Azzy that was one timeline that Akatosh somehow split into multiple versions of.

No, it does not call Mundus a multiverse. It literally just says that Nirn is unmoored from the fabric of the multiverse, which Mundus is only a part of.

The Dragon Break is a phenomenon that fixes itself. It is not the norm. Mundus is a single plane which occasionally splits its timeline, and then the splits reconverge. Nothing implies infinite timelines as an ever present thing in Mundus.

So, does this change the "2-A, possibly higher" ratings to "2-B, possibly higher"?

Okay. The issue is that the Aedra and Daedra are currently scaled from Akatosh supposedly being present across infinite universes via his dominion over time. Without that, we would have to scale them from their amount of realms.

Isn't Lyg basically a parallel universe that can only be reached through 'non-cardinal directions' and 'moving at strange angles).

And then there is Shadow magic. Shadow magic works by manipulating parallel realities: "'Azra attempted to manipulate his own shadow to such an extent that he would meld all possible versions of himself, crossing over from a singular existence to all the existences in shadow."'

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Shadow_Magic

Shadow magic was explained in the elder scrolls shadowkey. It implies parallel realities separate from dragon breaks.

Mundus is a multiverse going by that evidence i gave. Also we cleared up the akatosh 2-A thing as denizens of oblivion are still affected by time although not subject to it.

Shadow worlds are not part of Mundus. They are their own realities created as reflections, and there are never implied to be an infinite amount of them. They essentially just become a connected part of the multiverse. This is of course only going by the little lore we are given on them, because nobody played Shadowkey, and their role in ESO is pretty minimal.

Akatosh is still 2-A, though. That part is unchanged.

What makes you say they aren't part of mundus though? The text talks about all possible versions of himself which sound like parallel universes.

Oh they are very clearly created from Mundus, but this does not make them a part of Mundus. They are linked, but not a separate group of universes isolated from the larger multiverse.

Okay. Thanks. Riiingo, which pages need to be temporarily unlocked?

Okay here is the basic make up of Mundus: One normal planet, 8 plane(t)s and 2 moons that are actually planes/ pocket universes of infinite size and mass (that only appear as spheres as mortals are incapable of perceiving infinity) and the space between them... which might be Oblivion according to some people.

Mundus has "adjacent planes". Lyg is an alternate version of Nirn in such an adjacent plane, you can travel between these planes by moving at "strange angles" and in "non-cardinel" directions.

Shadow magic implies that parallel universes exist. But we know little about this subject. It's possible that Oblivion also has parallel version as it is said to manifest "all possibilities".

Whether this counts as a multiverse depends on the definition we use. Honestly, I've never understood how you can have more than one infinite multiverse anyway... even if Aetherius and Oblivion both have infinite realms, shouldn't they still be describable with a single infinite multiverse? That's how infinity works right?

Edit: Btw Godhead's attack potency should be removed, it just links to a fan theory concerning the Godhead. It has nothing to do with Bethesda at all.

@Azazoth

Given more context:

"Unbeknownst to all but a few, Nirn has come unmoored from the fabric of the multiverse, as the mortal realm is drawn ever closer to Coldharbour, the twisted Oblivion realm of the Daedric Prince of domination and enslavement, Molag Bal"

The whole main story of TESO is based around the fact that Mannimarco through some ritual destroyed the protective barriers of Mundus, allowing Molag Bal to begin melding Nirn with his own realm. Nirn is drawn out of Mundus and merged into Coldharbour. This is exactly described as in the quote above.

If Nirn had become unmoored from the fabric of the whole ES verse, or even just unmoored from Oblivion-space, then Molag Bal would have not been able to absorb Nirn as it would have been out of his reach. As we already know, Coldharbour resides in Oblivion, not outside of Oblivion or outside of the ES verse. The only way this makes any sense is when we say that Mundus is the multiverse this quote refers to.

We already know Mundus has parallel four dimensional timelines through the existence of Dragonbreaks and Adjacent Planes. Some interpretations of Kalpas also support the idea that there are parallel timelines within Mundus, but the topic is pretty vague.

If you do not believe that Mundus is a multiverse, could you explain then where Nirn would have become unmoored from? Because Nirn always has, does currently, and likely always will reside in Mundus. To say that it has become unmoored from Oblivion (if you're assuming this is the multiverse mentioned in the quote instead) makes no sense as Molag Bal would not have been able to do anything with Nirn where it would be out of his reach.

Yeah, it's a fan theory. A popular fan theory with some approval from Michael Kirkbride, but still a fan theory. The creater, MareloRyan, is a well respected lore buff in the TES community but he's just a fan.

I can confirm with Shazam that the Godhead model is fan theory, or at least based on a lot of Michael Kirkbride's quotes which are not acknowledged here by most people as canon.

Okay. I can temporarily unlock The Godhead page, so you can appropriately adjust it.

Just being a bit pedantic, but the picture captioned 'Vivec and the Godhead' is technically Vivec with one of his kids city-face. Also the main picture is i think lorkhan looking over the creation of mundus.

Yeah i was just picking something out to remain relevant in the conversation. There isn't any good picture for the godhead that i can see on google images.

So, about the pages that needed to be unlocked...

Nocturnal and Peryite I'll deal with right now, I'm super busy packing for my flight to Annisquam, and helping my friend who got his leg broken out. I don't have all the time in the world like I used to.

Okay, but in order for Azathoth to help you out, you need to list all of the pages that need to be unlocked and modified.

Clavicus Vile, Sheogorath, Sanguine, Boethiah, Trinimac/Malacath, Mephala, Hermaeus Mora, Meridia, Namira need immortality specification and other cleanups. (type 4 and 9)

Lorkhan needs his immortality specified. (type 4?)

Y'ffre needs a HEAVY cleanup

Baan Dar Immortality specify (he is immortal and considered a deity, should be type 4)

I will take care of adding abilities that are needed to Anui-El in a different revision thread.

Okay. I am already very busy, but you can message some other admins and/or content moderators to help you out. Just remember to tell them to re-lock the pages after you are done as well.

Hey Riingo, you still tidying up TES profiles?

If yes, you should probably remove this note from the profiles of the Daedric Princes:

"Note: Mehrunes Dagon is noted to be one of the eight more "prominent Daedra" and is directly compared to High Tier Princes such as Sheogorath and Malacath."

The source that it links has little to do with power and the word prominent is just used to refer to the Princes who interfere in mortal affairs the most, this is the reason Sotha Sil is meeting with them: to ask them to not answer the prayers of any random mortal for the immediate future.

sadly I'm not. But I have a flight at 4:30 so even if I did i have no time to deal with it. I'll try tomorrow

Mora8 said:
On a side note, I believe Anu and Padomay should have a possible 1-C rating. We know about the cosmos that:
- Mundus is at least a five dimensional multiverse, containing parallel timelines and adjacent planes like Lyg, possibly six dimensional if you use two pieces of evidence that it has two temporal dimensions. The idea that Mundus is a multiverse is confirmed in the TESO lore summary:

"Unbeknownst to all but a few, Nirn has come unmoored from the fabric of the multiverse, as the mortal realm is drawn ever closer to Coldharbour"
There's no 5-D space in TES. If a multiverse consists of infinite amount of universes, that's not 5-D. Every universe is 4-D and then you get an infinite amount of 4-D space. Someone has to be infinitely greater, not bigger, than 4-D space to be 5-D.

The rest where you go into 6-D and 7-D is too much. 5-D might be accepted for the upper limit of TES like Sithis, but that's the upper limit

This is a month old thread with no relevancy and you replied to a post that i already discussed on a different thread and we decided against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back