• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Dragon Slayer try goes against the Pirate of them (Reid vs Kaidou) 3-1-1

1)Is Thunder Bagua's variants considered faster than the base one? Cause the description only describes them as being stronger,
Yes. They allowed Kaidou to blitz Luffy, while a slower Luffy could easily dodge the base one.
)Don't the other variants require him to consume alcohol to use? Cause I don't think he will have time to do that in this fight.
Kaidou would be able to become drunk in this fight as I mentioned above. Though, there's nothing that says he needs to be drunk in order to use them.

Kaidou would be able to become drunk in this fight as I mentioned above. Though, there's nothing that says he needs to be drunk in order to use them.
No there isn't, but with that being said the description clearly states that "By consuming alcohol, Kaidou is able to enter a state called Shuron Hakke (Drunken Dragon Bagua)" and there is nothing in his profile that says that he can enter this state in any other way.

No, but the description clearly states that "By consuming alcohol, Kaidou is able to enter a state called Shuron Hakke (Drunken Dragon Bagua)" and there is nothing in his profile that says that he can enter this state in any other way.
That's for Shurron Hakke and it's drunk states, for the individual techniques hes used while drunk he's also used while sober against gear 5th.

So for Kaidou he doesn't need to be drunk at all to use his thunder bagua variants.

That's for Shurron Hakke and it's drunk states, for the individual techniques hes used while drunk he's also used while sober against gear 5th.

So for Kaidou he doesn't need to be drunk at all to use his thunder bagua variants.
Hmm I see. There is one last thing though. Thunder Bagua is an attacking move right? So can it's speed amp also be used for dodging as well?

Btw what if Reid just...spams his one hit kill attacks in the most effective way possible. He also will get faster to the point of being able to blitz his opponent mid battle if he faces real danger which will activate if Kaidou suddenly launches deadly attacks at him

I don't even know what the attack is. Saying "conceptual dura neg" without saying what the attack is and how it works isn't helping.
Its literally a long ass sword slash that can cover tens-thousands of kilometres and bypass durability of literally anything with its Space-time, conceptual based nature. Not to mention thats just a normal sword slash from Reid, not his strongest and definitely spammable

Its literally a long ass sword slash that can cover tens-thousands of kilometres and bypass durability of literally anything with its Space-time, conceptual based nature. Not to mention thats just a normal sword slash from Reid, not his strongest and definitely spammable
Note that Reid never actually did this.

How would he even be able to land this? Kaidou can literally see the future.

What are you talking about?
Well, since the starting distance is 10 meters I figured that Kaidou's Dragon Form would only be detrimental in this scenario since 1)It would make him a bigger target(and thus easier to hit for Reid), 2) He could leave him open to an attack while he's transforming, 3) His Large Size(Type 0) would reduce his mobility(thus increasing the chances of him getting hit by Reid), and 4) It could end up triggering Reid's Awakened Power early(in which case the match would likely end there, since unless Kaidou's Accelerated Development/Reactive Power Level closes the skill gap then it's very unlikely that he would have any chance to win this).

How would he even be able to land this? Kaidou can literally see the future.
doesn't Reid being able to cut through Time give he's Slash Resistance to Precognition
Reid's Time Manipulation is based on him being able to behead Regulus who has Acausality Type 4 which resist Precognition

Kaidou can't see or sense or predict Reid's Slash, he will just see Reid wave he's hand then he would drop in half

It's cutting space & time, it's not travelling through it. It isn't a resistance to divination-type precog.
I didn't say it travel through time, cutting time would make it undetectable by future sight, Kaidou can not see the slash or it's affect on him in the future until it actually reach him

Last edited:
Why would It? Unless Raid can cut the future, Kaidou Future Sight gonna work.
I just think that it has a similar nature to Regulus, cutting time should give the slash aca2 where the slash can't get affected by time thus it won't exist in the past or the future and can only exist in the present

Last edited:
I just think that it has a similar nature to Regulus, cutting time should give the slash aca2 where the slash can't get affected by time thus it won't exist in the past or the future and can only exist in the presence
Cutting the fabric of time is time manipulation, not acausality. Being able to cut Regulus doesn't grant Regulus' abilities, especially since Regulus' own acausal attacks can't hurt him.

Cutting the fabric of time is time manipulation, not acausality. Being able to cut Regulus doesn't grant Regulus' abilities, especially since Regulus' own acausal attacks can't hurt him.
I didn't say it should give it the same ability as regulus, it's just like I explained
the same way a spatial slash can't be affected by space, a time slash won't be affected by time

otherwise time slash is a whole lot of nothing

Last edited:
😭

Anyway, does Kaidou have any wincon in this match?

he can't tank Reid's attacks, so I assume he will try to keep a distance away from him
he does not have any ranged attacks in he's base form that he can spam

Reid will just close the distance and eventually hit him

Last edited:
Yes. He can see the future, so he can avoid all Reid attacks,
I think that apply only for he's ranged attacks
Reid should be superior at close combat because of he's massive skill advantage

he have the AP advantage,
He also have durability negation moves too.
Reid can negate that with Attack Reflection, Damage Reduction, because Kaidou can't use any slashes in he's base form
and any clash between them would result in Kaidou loosing he's weapon

and have a move that can speedblitz Reid
Instinctive Action, Perception Manipulation, should negate that
and can he actually Speedblitz Reid with he's awakened power

I think that apply only for he's ranged attacks
No, It don't, he can see the Future for close range.
Reid should be superior at close combat because of he's massive skill advantage
Sure.
Reid can negate that with Attack Reflection,
He can't, because that would need him to have a similar AP to Kaidou, which he don't have. He can't reflect a attack stronger than him.
Damage Reduction
That would work, but considering the amount of attacks Kaidou can trow at him, and Reid demage reduction as never seen to work against continuous attacks as far i remember, not sure If that would super be effective in the long run.

And that really don't counter the fact Kaidou can Dura neg Reid anyway.
and any clash between them would result in Kaidou loosing he's weapon
He can see the future, so he would't let that happen.
Instinctive Action, Perception Manipulation, should negate that
No, Kaidou used against people have similar abilities and who can see the Future and know the attack as coming, and still as not able to react, so that won't work.
and can he actually Speedblitz Reid with he's awakened power
Yes.

Anyway, does Kaidou have any wincon in this match?
Conqueror's Haki. Reid doesn't have supernatural willpower on his profile, so he'd be incapacitated fairly early in the fight.

Heat and Electricity Manipulation. Any one of Kaidou's lightning-coated attacks like Baguas and Ragnaraku would incinerate Reid.

AP. Any one of Kaidou's attacks are capable of one-shotting Reid if they hit his body and not is sword. The same debatably applies to even if Reid uses his sword, as Kaidou is capable of casually one-shotting people with 33 Exaton durability, while Reid scales only 1.3x higher than 33.6 Exatons.

he can't tank Reid's attacks, so I assume he will try to keep a distance away from him
Kaidou would not need to tank his attacks. Kaidou with Haki can see several seconds into the future, read the mind of Reid, read the intent of his attacks, allow Kaidou'd body to move on its own to avoid getting hit, and more. In close combat, Kaidou would still dominate.

he does not have any ranged attacks in he's base form that he can spam
Kaidou's Conqueror's Haki has a range of over Hundreds of Kilometer.

Conqueror's Haki. Reid doesn't have supernatural willpower on his profile, so he'd be incapacitated fairly early in the fight.
He does but its just not in the profile
Heat and Electricity Manipulation. Any one of Kaidou's lightning-coated attacks like Baguas and Ragnaraku would incinerate Reid.
He also has heat resistance via the flow method
AP. Any one of Kaidou's attacks are capable of one-shotting Reid if they hit his body and not is sword. The same debatably applies to even if Reid uses his sword, as Kaidou is capable of casually one-shotting people with 33 Exaton durability, while Reid scales only 1.3x higher than 33.6 Exatons.
Reid is way too skilled to let that happen
Kaidou would not need to tank his attacks. Kaidou with Haki can see several seconds into the future,

read the mind of Reid,
Ram can read her opponents better than if she was reading their minds and she is inferior to Reid
read the intent of his attacks, allow Kaidou'd body to move on its own to avoid getting hit, and more. In close combat, Kaidou would still dominate.
Thats just basic instinctive reaction and Reid scales to Reinhard who debatebly has way better instinctive reaction

He does but its just not in the profile
Get it added before arguing it.
He also has heat resistance via the flow method
Haki has layered resistance negation.
Reid is way too skilled to let that happen
So was Luffy.
Ram can read her opponents better than if she was reading their minds and she is inferior to Reid
Prove that Ram's mind reading in combat is superior to Kaidou's.
Thats just basic instinctive reaction and Reid scales to Reinhard who debatebly has way better instinctive reaction
Based on what?

Back