• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Dragon Slayer try goes against the Pirate of them (Reid vs Kaidou) 3-1-1

Conqueror's Haki. Reid doesn't have supernatural willpower on his profile, so he'd be incapacitated fairly early in the fight.
Reid can do this:
A small groan could be heard.

Not from Subaru, but from Emilia who should have been by his side. She had one of her hands against her pale throat and her jewel-like eyes were widened in surprise.

Her knees fell from beneath her and she sunk down onto the floor. It was as if she had noticed in that moment that she was unable to stand up by herself and forgotten how to breathe――,

Subaru:「Hh――」

And it was the same for Subaru as well, who’d suddenly become “Aware” of his breathing as soon as he saw Emilia’s reaction. Before he could even notice, Subaru had dropped to his knees in pain and his whole body was drenched in sweat.

He was in the same state as Emilia―― No, he was worse off than her; he’d been completely daunted by the man’s presence.

It’s as if he’d started to forget even that his heart was beating, and that he was starting to be killed.

If there’d been no one around him to make him remember about that in the surroundings he would have died from the power in the man’s eyes alone.

As well as fight a guy who can do this:
“One more thing: though I feel bad about doing this, I’m going to have to knock each and every one of you out… Hope you understand.”

“The hell are you sayi…” As one of the men voiced his objection to the Masked Knight’s absurd declaration, he suddenly felt as though he was losing consciousness. “What the…?”

Though the man managed to pull himself together before completely blacking out, the same could not be said about the person next to him who was on the ground with his eyes rolled back—in fact, he was not alone. One after another, men collapsed all around, with only a little more than half of the 200 men remaining standing by the end of it.

“—More than half of you remain. I’m impressed. You possess a much stronger core than I expected,” muttered the Masked Knight to himself in surprise after knocking out nearly 100 people just by glaring as he looked around at the men still standing.

Heat and Electricity Manipulation. Any one of Kaidou's lightning-coated attacks like Baguas and Ragnaraku would incinerate Reid.
He resists heat & can expunge electricity.

AP. Any one of Kaidou's attacks are capable of one-shotting Reid if they hit his body and not is sword. The same debatably applies to even if Reid uses his sword, as Kaidou is capable of casually one-shotting people with 33 Exaton durability, while Reid scales only 1.3x higher than 33.6 Exatons.
He can redirect the force of any blunt attack, and can nullify any attack by cutting it.

Ram can read her opponents better than if she was reading their minds and she is inferior to Reid
Ram improves her Precog via Clairvoyance, a technique that Reid lacks. Still, the white rays Sword Saints can see are effectively precog.

I don't think this is provable.
Ok to be fair, this is kinda unsure for me too, but i do have a argument to why i think so.

Since Kaidou using Thunder Bagga is able to speedblitz Luffy, who can see the future and know the attack was coming, and still not able to react, i kinda doubtfull that his awakened Power would activate fast enough. And also, not sure If would able to parry the attack.

Kaidou doesn't use Magic, so would this work on him?
"Slashing down" someone's powers nullifies the effects of not only something like magic, but even Authorities which are a different power system all together.

Since Kaidou using Thunder Bagga is able to speedblitz Luffy, who can see the future and know the attack was coming, and still not able to react, i kinda doubtfull that his awakened Power would activate fast enough. And also, not sure If would able to parry the attack.
Precog is only really helpful vs a faster opponent as long as the opponent can't blitz the character moving at all.

Reid himself would already be seeing Kaidou in slow-motion, plus he'd have his own analytical precog active, so awakened power activating in time seems reasonable. And Reid doesn't really need to parry, he can just win any interaction by slashing.

Precog is only really helpful vs a faster opponent as long as the opponent can't blitz the character moving at all.
Kinda? I guess is true for some cases, because even trought he got blitzed the first time, the other time Kaidou try to use against Luffy, he was able to dodge. So It probally depends.
Reid himself would already be seeing Kaidou in slow-motion, plus he'd have his own analytical precog active, so awakened power activating in time seems reasonable.
I kinda unsure, since he don't actually have feats of handling being speedblitz in close range even trought he have this abilities.

And Reid doesn't really need to parry, he can just win any interaction by slashing.
That true, but when someone is coming down on you, usually the fastest way you can defend yourself, assuming you are able to react, is either you block or parry the attack. Slashing down is not that optimal. To face down a attack that fast.

I can see Reid able to slash down Kaidou, If he already in the process of doing a attack, so he can slash the incoming Kaidou. But then, i not sure who would win in this Single-Stroke Battle now, If Reid slash down the incoming Kaidou, or Kaidou hits Reid anyway.

😭

Anyway, does Kaidou have any wincon in this match?

he can't tank Reid's attacks, so I assume he will try to keep a distance away from him
he does not have any ranged attacks in he's base form that he can spam

Reid will just close the distance and eventually hit him
Kaidou's win conditions are: Precognition/Telepathy(to dodge Reid's attacks), Accelerated Development/Reactive Power level(to overcome the skill gap) and Statistics Amplification (to overpower Reid), and Air/Electricity Manipulation/Shockwave Generation/Energy Projection (for Mid range attacks).

Reid's win conditions are: Air Manipulation/Energy Projection(for mid range attacks and supposedly both having durability negation via Concept Manipulation), Pseudo-Flight(for maneuverability), and Perception Manipulation(to aid in dodging attacks)

Reid's travel speed is slower than his combat speed. I'm not sure if Speed Equal would make it so that his travel speed is also FTL, but even if it did that doesn't change the fact that Kaidou is also FTL. Meaning if he wants to maintain his he can do so since Reid wouldn't outspeed him until after his Awakened Power, which won't happen for a while since he holds the skill advantage at the beginning and the description for Reid's Awakened Power states that that this power activates in life or death scenarios

Last edited:
Reid himself would already be seeing Kaidou in slow-motion, plus he'd have his own analytical precog active, so awakened power activating in time seems reasonable. And Reid doesn't really need to parry, he can just win any interaction by slashing.
Awakened Power is a sub category for Statistics Amplification and it's description reads as "serving as a means of overcoming the opponent through a sudden increase in combat effectiveness". It also says that it's a "sudden burst of power triggered by sheer determination or a powerful emotion", while the Possible uses states that it's a "last resort type of attack". With that said, since Reid will hold the skill advantage at the start of the match I think it's safe to assume that he will only think of using this after Kaidou closes the skill gap with his Accelerated Development/Reactive Power level. And even then I'm not sure if that would be enough to get past Kaidou's Precognition especially when he has his own speed amps.

Last edited:
And even then I'm not sure if that would be enough to get past Kaidou's Precognition.
I'm not even sure about Kaidou being able to use Precognition in this match, since it require the character to be in a completely calm state which is the complete opposite of Kaidou's character

• In order to fully utilize Observation Haki, the user must remain focused and calm, otherwise the ability's effectiveness becomes dulled or even negated[28].
the only time he even showed that he has Precognition was in he's Drunken Thief mode, which was he's calmest state

the rest of he's battles was him taking 99% of the hits, and even had to be warned by big mom to barely dodge Zoro's Slash

Kaidou would literally lose he's temper the second he sees Reid smirking at him

"LMAO LOOK AT THIS DRUNK LOSER, YOU THINK YOU AND YOUR GANG OF WEASLINGS CAN STOP ME? KAHAHAHHAHAHAH"
"tf you say to me?"
Reid smirks
Kaidou Blushes
"I I- w-would need to take this mf down before he captures(my heart)!"
"Oh doncha waury mate, Meself Not be into the masculine side of the human race."
"I AM GONNA END YOU"

I'm not even sure about Kaidou being able to use Precognition in this match, since it require the character to be in a completely calm state which is the complete opposite of Kaidou's character

the only time he even showed that he has Precognition was in he's Drunken Thief mode, which was he's calmest state

the rest of he's battles was him taking 99% of the hits, and even had to be warned by big mom to barely dodge Zoro's Slash

Reid has the skill advantage, Analytical Prediction/Perception Manipulation while also having Resistance to Analyrical Prediction/Information Analysis and can apparently counter Telepathy, has unblockable close and long range attacks due to his Concept Manipulation on top of having his own Speed amps and Genius intelligence. With all that said, if we go with the assumption that Kaidou can't use Precognition(i.e. the only evasive option he has that would work in this matchup) then this will turn into a stomp in Reid's favor, so if that's where we're going with this then there's no point in debating this any further.

Resistance to Analyrical prediction
He don't, i made a CRT to remove that. I just din't take that for Reid profile yet.
can apparently counter Telepathy
He can't.
his own Speed amps
His speed amp is really not comparable to Kaidou.
Prediction/Information Analysis
That really don't matter, because Reid don't resist Kaidou type of Info Analysis, and Kaidou Info Analysis not gonna help In this fight.
With all that said, if we go with the assumption that Kaidou can't use Precognition
He would, since he can get drunk in this fight, i din't restrict that. 🤷

He don't, i made a CRT to remove that. I just din't take that for Reid profile yet.

He can't.

His speed amp is really not comparable to Kaidou.

That really don't matter, because Reid don't resist Kaidou type of Info Analysis, and Kaidou Info Analysis not gonna help In this fight.

He would, since he can get drunk in this fight, i din't restrict that. 🤷
Ok that is just confusing.

Really? Cause SatellaTheWoE said this earlier: "Ram has a technique by which she can read her opponents better than if she was straight up reading their mind and Reid is superior to that as well. So i dont think telepathy will do much, and also can the telepathy deal with instictive action?"

My point was that Kaidou's speed amps aren't enough to let him dodge and/or land a hit on Reid if his Observation Haki is completely ineffective in this match.

The description for Reid's Resistance to Information Analysis reads "The verticality, horizontality, and depth of his attack was unreadable" so I thought that went hand-in-hand with his Resistance to Analytical Prediction.

If Kaidou needs to get drunk in order to use his Precognition then I'm not sure if he will have a chance to do so since the starting distance is 10 meters and I'm pretty sure that Reid could easily close that distance and cut him while he's drinking. Fortunately his Analytical Prediction will work in this match so he will still be able to dodge Reid's attacks.

Ok that is just confusing.
Don't worry, i gonna remove that.

Tomorrow.
Really? Cause SatellaTheWoE said this earlier: "Ram has a technique by which she can read her opponents better than if she was straight up reading their mind and Reid is superior to that as well. So i dont think telepathy will do much, and also can the telepathy deal with instictive action?"
SatellaTheWoE also fails to explain how that would make Kaidou telepathy innefective. He don't exactly scale to Ram telepathy anyway.

My point was that Kaidou's speed amps aren't enough to let him dodge and/or land a hit on Reid if his Observation Haki is completely ineffective in this match.
Well, It is.
If Kaidou needs to get drunk in order to use his Precognition then I'm not sure if he will have a chance to do so since the starting distance is 10 meters and I'm pretty sure that Reid could easily close that distance and cut him while he's drinking. Fortunately his Analytical Prediction will work in this match so he will still be able to dodge Reid's attacks.
I think you understamating how fast someone can drink. And If Kaidou start to Randomly drink, Reid would just probally look and let him, since he just drinking and not doing anything.

To elaborate on my previous statement that i made while in a hurry
When we are only comparing pure skill Reid upscales from every character in every scenario and in every aspect that isnt based specifically on physiology. Ram's claravoyance is better than mind reading and Reid with equalized stats would still be able to counter that.
Logically, this means that simply telepathy wouldn't work however Kaidou would also need feats for being able to read instinctive actions which aren't thought based WITH his telepathy. And telepathy simply can't do that so in the end its overall useless
I also think Reid should have a different set of resistance to AP because its kind of obvious he does but there just doesn't seem to be a direct statement for it.
Thats just my take though, Reid should be able to take this personally so count my vote for him

To elaborate on my previous statement that i made while in a hurry
When we are only comparing pure skill Reid upscales from every character in every scenario and in every aspect that isnt based specifically on physiology. Ram's claravoyance is better than mind reading and Reid with equalized stats would still be able to counter that.
Logically, this means that simply telepathy wouldn't work however Kaidou would also need feats for being able to read instinctive actions which aren't thought based WITH his telepathy. And telepathy simply can't do that so in the end its overall useless
I also think Reid should have a different set of resistance to AP because its kind of obvious he does but there just doesn't seem to be a direct statement for it.
Thats just my take though, Reid should be able to take this personally so count my vote for him
Reid fra. He is far far too skilled, every wave of his hand or anything he is holding can create a lethal, unblockable attack, he can create completely unreplicatable techniques that can break physics on the fly (techniques in ReZero which even from mid tiers include bullshit like turning an opponent into a child by touching them 💀), and it looks like Kaido's biggest asset being debated here isn't really any help at all.

Back