• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Dragon Slayer try goes against the Pirate of them (Reid vs Kaidou) 3-1-1

Fezzih_007

He/Him
Both 5-C
Speed equal
They start 10 meters apart.
They fight In a wharf side warehouse, in a roped-off ring, surrounded by dozens of hard-nosed spectators screaming for blood
Kaidou zoan form are restricted
He have a lot of Sake

Votes:

3- SatellaTheWoE, theheavenlysword, VortechsTG

Pablo solos both of them:MysticBrawler

Last edited:
This seems like a stomp for Kaidou, since Reid doesn't have resistance to Resistance Negation that means that everything in Kaidou's arsenal can work on Reid, while Reid's only win condition is his Durability Negation via Concept Manipulation

This seems like a stomp for Kaidou, since Reid doesn't have resistance to Resistance Negation that means that everything in Kaidou's arsenal can work on Reid
Like what? Because Reid really don't have any significant resistances already, and Kaidou also don't have much going for him in term of abilites to make a stomp for him.
And resistance negation just null what as shown to null anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah, your right. After checking the profiles again it seems that the only relevant abilities that would need Resistance Negation to work on Reid is Kaidou's Fire Manipulation. The only other abilities he has which is resisted by Reid is his Fear Manipulation(which I'm not sure would even stack with his Resistance Negation since those two fall under different Haki categories). With that said, I still think Kaidou takes this thanks to Precognition/Telepathy/Instinctive Action(Observation Haki), Attack Reflection/Forcefield/Resistance to bladed weapons(Armament Haki), and Statistics Amplification(Armament and Conqueror's Haki).

Last edited:
Yeah, your right. After checking the profiles again it seems that the only relevant abilities that would need Resistance Negation to work on Reid is Kaidou's Fire Manipulation. The only other abilities he has which is resisted by Reid is his Fear Manipulation(which I'm not sure would even stack with his Resistance Negation since those two fall under different Haki categories). With that said, I still think Kaidou takes this thanks to Precognition/Telepathy/Instinctive Action(Observation Haki),
Reid has that aside from telepathy but he massively upscales from Theresia that has white streaks in her vision that if she follows is guranteed to kill her oppoennt, Wilhelm resisted this but says that Reinhard is an eternity above him in pure skill and Reid upscales from Reinhard.
Attack Reflection/Forcefield/Resistance to bladed weapons(Armament Haki), and Statistics Amplification(Armament and Conqueror's Haki).
Useless since he doesn't resist Reids sword slashes

Kaido in character likes to let his opponent go first right? Reid would simply one shot him then, also its not like Kaido can block any of Reids attack especially with the dragon sword

Reid has that aside from telepathy but he massively upscales from Theresia that has white streaks in her vision that if she follows is guranteed to kill her oppoennt, Wilhelm resisted this but says that Reinhard is an eternity above him in pure skill and Reid upscales from Reinhard.

Useless since he doesn't resist Reids sword slashes
While I agree that Reid would initially out skill Kaidou, I think Kaidou's Accelerated Development/Reactive Power Level would enable him to close the gap pretty quickly.

While it's true that Armament Haki wouldn't be able to block Reid's Durability Negation since it uses Concept Manipulation, I think it can still be used to counter Reid's Air Manipulation/Energy Projection.

While I agree that Reid would initially out skill Kaidou, I think Kaidou's Accelerated Development/Reactive Power Level would enable him to close the gap pretty quickly.
Reid also grows stronger against his opponents and also if he truly wants to one shot him then that inital outskilling is enough. Reminder that he only needs a single shot
While it's true that Armament Haki wouldn't be able to block Reid's Durability Negation since it uses Concept Manipulation, I think it can still be used to counter Reid's Air Manipulation/Energy Projection.
His energy projection would also have conceptual manipulation and dura neg so i dont see how that helps

I dont see why not, his attacks are the conceptual manifestation of the "sword" afterall
But is just his slash that are described as doing that trought, is kinda unknow if he could with ranged attacks too.
Since, Julius seems to get hit by the attack, and as just fine.

Reid also grows stronger against his opponents and also if he truly wants to one shot him then that inital outskilling is enough. Reminder that he only needs a single shot

His energy projection would also have conceptual manipulation and dura neg so i dont see how that helps
Really? Cause there's nothing in his profile that mentions his energy projections also having durability negating properties. If that really is the case then someone should probably add that to his profile, cause right now that doesn't seem to be the case since the link for his Durability Negation/Concept Manipulation mentions that Reid's conceptual slash was followed by shockwave, but it's neither stated nor implied in his Energy Projection/Air Manipulation links that there is any durability negating properties to them.

Really? Cause there's nothing in his profile that mentions his energy projections also having durability negating properties. If that really is the case then someone should probably add that to his profile, cause right now that doesn't seem to be the case since the link for his Durability Negation/Concept Manipulation mentions that Reid's conceptual slash was followed by shockwave, but it's neither stated nor implied in his Energy Projection/Air Manipulation links that there is any durability negating properties to them.
His energy & air manipulation isn't like, the power to shoot lasers or to control wind, it's the result of him swinging his sword which produces light & a shockwave. It's still just his sword slash- described as a while light that bisects anything in it's path.

Kaidou's win conditions are: Precognition/Telepathy(to dodge Reid's attacks), Accelerated Development/Reactive Power level(to overcome the skill gap) and Statistics Amplification (to overpower Reid), and Air and Electricity Manipulation/Shockwave Generation/Energy Projection (for Mid range attacks).

Reid's win conditions are: Air Manipulation/Energy Projection(for mid range attacks and supposedly both having durability negation via Concept Manipulation), Pseudo-Flight(for maneuverability), and Perception Manipulation(to aid in dodging attacks)

Overall these two seem pretty evenly matched. With that said, I still think Kaidou takes this, cause even though Reid is the more skilled one of the two that doesn't change the fact that he only has resistance to Analytical Prediction/Information Analysis, meaning Kaidou still has the edge when it comes to predicting the other's movements so I don't see how Reid is landing any hits on him.

Kaidou's win conditions are: Precognition/Telepathy(to dodge Reid's attacks), Accelerated Development/Reactive Power level(to overcome the skill gap) and Statistics Amplification (to overpower Reid), and Air and Electricity Manipulation/Shockwave Generation/Energy Projection (for Mid range attacks).

Reid's win conditions are: Air Manipulation/Energy Projection(for mid range attacks and supposedly both having durability negation via Concept Manipulation), Pseudo-Flight(for maneuverability), and Perception Manipulation(to aid in dodging attacks)

Overall these two seem pretty evenly matched. With that said, I still think Kaidou takes this, cause even though Reid is the more skilled one of the two that doesn't change the fact that he only has resistance to Analytical Prediction/Information Analysis, meaning Kaidou still has the edge when it comes to predicting the other's movements so I don't see how Reid is landing any hits on him.
Reid also has precognition upscaling from Reinhard and also a Minor AD as Sword saints get stronger against their strongest opponents. Also Reid can make up new shit on the fly that is the most optimal mid combat

Ram has a technique by which she can read her opponents better than if she was straight up reading their mind and Reid is superior to that as well. So i dont think telepathy will do much, and also can the telepathy deal with instictive action?

Reid also has precognition upscaling from Reinhard and also a Minor AD as Sword saints get stronger against their strongest opponents. Also Reid can make up new shit on the fly that is the most optimal mid combat

Ram has a technique by which she can read her opponents better than if she was straight up reading their mind and Reid is superior to that as well. So i dont think telepathy will do much, and also can the telepathy deal with instictive action?
Wait, Precognition? And Accelerated Development? He doesn't have either of those listed in his profile. What he has is Analytical Prediction/Information Analysis and Perception manipulation, so he doesn't have anything in his arsenal that can overcome Kaidou's precognition. I can accept that his Air Manipulation/Energy Projection has Durability Negating properties since he has all 3 abilities in his profile and all of them seem to be tied to his "Sword" concept, but saying that he has Precognition and Accelerated Development without anything mentioning them in his profile seems a little too much for me.

Telepathy will help Kaidou know about Reid's strategy(assuming he comes up with one), and Kaidou has his own Instinctive Action so they cancel each other out

Last edited:
Even If Reid did upscale from Ram, Kaido is still better in the precognition, because he can see the literally Future.
I am saying since he should be able to cancel out telepathy since he should be able to counter Ram due to being vaslty superior to her in skill.
I forgot his AP was straight up looking into the future💀 but doesnt he need to focus for it to work mid combat?
I think he meant Analytical Precog & Awakened Power (Speed)
Yeah thats what i meant, sorry for the confusion

Yeah thats what i meant, sorry for the confusion
It's ok, no big deal.

This ability's description reads as "serving as a means of overcoming the opponent through a sudden increase in combat effectiveness". It also says that it's a "sudden burst of power triggered by sheer determination or a powerful emotion", while the Possible uses states that it's a "last resort type of attack". With that said, since Reid will hold the skill advantage at the start of the match I think it's safe to assume that he will only think of using this after Kaidou closes the skill gap with his Accelerated Development/Reactive Power level. And even then I'm not sure if that would be enough to get past Kaidou's Precognition.

Last edited:
Is it possible for you to ping anyone else to join in? Cause even if we finish debating here there will only be 3 votes to count.

Last edited:
The only question remaining here is whether or not Reid's Awakened Power(Speed) would allow him to blitz his opponent or not. If the answer is no then Kaidou(more than likely) takes the win here with high difficulty.

The only question remaining here is whether or not Reid's Awakened Power(Speed) would allow him to blitz his opponent or not. If the answer is no then Kaidou(more than likely) takes the win here with high difficulty.
It's fast enough to deflect 3 simultaneous attacks at different angles that were equal to one's previous speed, and then also deal a blow before the opponent can do anything.

Thunder Bagua and other variants.

Although I'd like to know why Kaidou's Zoan Forms are restricted
2 questions: 1)Is Thunder Bagua's variants considered faster than the base one? Cause the description only describes them as being stronger, 2)Don't the other variants require him to consume alcohol to use? Cause I don't think he will have time to do that in this fight.

I think it's either to make the fight more thematic(i.e. a clash between 2 warriors who are recognized as the strongest in their respective verses) or because Kaidou taking his dragon form would result in an instant win for Reid(cause if I recall correctly when 2 characters are of the same speed then the agility advantage will go to the smaller character)

Back