• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The downplay and contradictions towards Sly.

I've been working to fix and improve some pages as much as possible and Sly's is one of the main ones. For starters, when I first checked it, you guys had Sly at just peak human and even regular human levels and you pit him against Robin Hood (the heck?). Then I made a discussion talking about why he should be upgraded, it was approved by a few kind users but no mods paid attention. In there I covered how huge his striking strength is, pulverizing rocks and iron gears bigger than himself with casual swings, no one calculated that so I left it like that and upgraded Sly. But his page seems kind of iffy.

Why is Sly with jetpack small building level while base Sly is just wall when A) I covered why Clockwerk's shell should be at least like iron or structural steel, which given his size could mean Building level durability, and B) Sly messed up and killed Clockwerk with his cane, he only needed the jetpack and Carmelita because he couldn't reach him otherwise. Earlier in the stage we see Sly's turret cannon blowing apart rocks larger than the van and IIRC Clockwerk's fodder probes took shots to a certain extent before blowing up so it's no stretch either. By your logic, shouldn't Sly be at least small building level with his cane alone? Anyway, speak if you may so we can assess his page properly.

Sly is not 9-A normally because his cane worked on Clockwerk only when nearly destroyed.

"Sly messed up and killed Clockwerk with his cane, he only needed the jetpack and Carmelita because he couldn't reach him otherwise. Earlier in the stage we see Sly's turret cannon blowing apart rocks larger than the van and IIRC Clockwerk's fodder probes took shots to a certain extent before blowing up so it's no stretch either. By your logic, shouldn't Sly be at least small building level with his cane alone? Anyway, speak if you may so we can assess his page properly."

For starters, Sly only kills Clockwerk with his cane after heavily weakening him first. Clockwerk has to get shot down into lava twice before Sly can finish him off. Carmelitas shock pistol can fire electrical blasts that do more damage than Sly can with his cane, and these blasts were stated to be unable to harm Clockwerk, so Sly doesn't scale to Clockwerk normally. And the fodder probes blow up instantly when you shoot them with the turrent.

As for the stuff about Sly smashing rocks and iron gears larger than himself, if they can be calced those could get decent results.

Now that I think about it, why is Sly 9-A with the jetpack? He can't even damage Clockwerk at all with the jetpack unless he shoots into gaps Carmelita temporarily creates in his armour.

Except that's all sorts of wrong. Clockwerk was already regenerating, his health bar full and his head in fully operational state. The lava didn't do crap to him so don't use that as a fallacy.

@Clyde

You'd get a lot more support for this if you didn't accuse us of downplay.

Why don't you provide some scans and videos to support your statements?

@Clyde

We don't use the "Discussions" for anything. Content Revision thread on the forum or nothing.

Also, you need to get the math checked out.

^Now that seems like some info that should have been shared before.

Yeah that's why I'm here. Maybe I could share this in calculation requests.

Back