• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Dovahkiin vs Ainz Ooal Gown

To add ainz resist petrification not other forms of transmutation. Saying that leaning on ainz pulling a win atm, If his opponent is a vampire (Which he is an isn't apprantly?) He's likely to open with reality slash/other high damage spell or undead domination (He can sense undead)

If for all items it also includes Daedric Artifacts, I vote for Dovahkiin. Magnus' staff will be more than enough to drain Ainz's magical and vital energy.

For that to happen the dragon born has to take out the staff, lift it, aim it, activate it and actually hit ainz with it all before ainz has hit him with death(depending on if he's a vampire)/teleport/literally any spell due to dragon born only being low 7b in this key. Yes the dragon born will open with everything due to meta physics bull but he still needs to move to preform the relevant actions.

He lifts the staff to blast ainz, and ainz hits him with reality slash/other super damaging spell or tp's a kilometer into the air and flys about to dodge his attack while raining down spells on him.

Ainz also resist energy draining though the staff is probably above his resistance.

This will not work considering that he will wear Saviour's Hide at the same time, Hircine's daedric artifact capable of reflecting magical and non-magical attacks on a High 1-B level

....Ok since when did hircines hide do that? In gamplay that thing sucked hard from what I remember which is why I always got the ring. (looking it up fifteen precent magic resistance and poision resistance)

So this is a stomp ainz literally can't win as none of his magic works and he's going to be oneshot by the wabbajack before he can switch to perfect warrior. (Saying that this level of lore sounds like bull and thats with me reading mathews page)

Savior's Hide has stopped attacks from Mehrunes Dagon. Ainz is not getting past that. Spellbreaker also nullifies magic, preventing it from even being cast.

Yeah so stomp, the dovahkin has all equipment simultanously all his abilities simultanosly (Despite several of them being mutually exclusive) opens with everything at the same time because of metaphysics and ainz can do f all to counter it. He will always die to hircines hide lore and spellbreaker lore (Even though they both sucked in game :p) along side wabbjack/magnus So this is a stomp.

So this should be closed, dovahkiin will always win due to having literally everything... (I still am very weirded out by this plainly bizzare interpretation but agian Im not willing to argue it.)

Yeah and I still think it's severly nonesensical (not even the tiering but the dovahkiin being everything at once bothers me, I know it's based on meta physics it's just to bizzare for me overall), Like I said though not willing to argue about a verse I only have passing familiarity with. This should be closed ainz can't win due to spell breaker ect lore.

I mean, the Dovahkiin literally can wear 100% absorbtion magic, 100% resist magic and have two Daedric Artifacts that can passively power null magic and resist it at a Low 2-C scale. His equipments just make fighting him as a mage a nightmare.

Do we treat any other characters that way? It seems strange to me. Also, why is it not on his profile?

No despite every single rpg character in existence arguably having the exact same set up (Ie player choice and mutually exclusive powers) we don't treat them as metaphysical composites but apparently the deeplore of the elderscrolls universe allows it...

The pen or the sword said:
No despite every single rpg character in existence arguably having the exact same set up (Ie player choice and mutually exclusive powers) we don't treat them as metaphysical composites but apparently the deeplore of the elderscrolls universe allows it...
It's actually a concept that is explicitly showed in C0DA: Landfall, explained by Sotha Sil and Vivec in ESO and Morrowind, and mentioned by Michael Kirkbride.

Im aware (I read the page mathew made) that doesn't really change the fact it's utter metaphysical nonsense used to make every player feel like their character is cannon... Im not going to argue It I just severly dislike it.

iTFDrybob said:
Do we treat any other characters that way? It seems strange to me. Also, why is it not on his profile?
It's in his profile. It's mentioned in his "gender" and "power and abilities" section.

Im aware (I read the page mathew made) that doesn't really change the fact it's utter metaphysical nonsense used to make every player feel like their character is cannon... Im not going to argue It I just severly dislike it.
Well, to each their own.

I love the elder scrolls games (Morrowind best game change my mind) I just find a large chunk of the lore when it comes to the player character to often be nonsensical.

I love the elder scrolls games (Morrowind best game change my mind) I just find a large chunk of the lore when it comes to the player character to often be nonsensical.
Its Meta as **** and anything that gets super metaphysical will often seem/be nonsensical, just look at DCs more Meta side, it gets insane and could be used to wank a bunch of characters into being stupidly broken but due to how comics works and the whole "Thousands of writers each with their own ideas of characters powers" that stuff gets thrown out (Generally).

Not quite as lucky in that regard to elderscrolls are we... That aside this should still be closed, ainz can't win here.

I will throw out though michael kirkbride statements should be taken with a grain of salt... (I know that doesn't change the cannon stuff from the elderscrolls online and all the work he's done. just saying his writings go a bit off the rails at times)

Faruel1998 said:
This will not work considering that he will wear Saviour's Hide at the same time, Hircine's daedric artifact capable of reflecting magical and non-magical attacks on a High 1-B level
Matthew and Ultima repeatedly stated during the revisions that Daedric Artifacts do not scale to the high 1-Bs when used by anyone that isn't a daedric prince.

Well then... can the dovakin gain 100 hundred precent magic immunity/resistance/reflection in verse without those things? I only read the portion reffering to the prisoners odd state of being...

Also apologies if anything Ive done/will do over the course of the next few hours comes across as strange/unreasonable Im a bit spleep deprived...

I mean 100% magic resistance is completely meaningless out of game since that could mean anything in terms of potency.

However I did forget Spell Breaker's power null, but I remember that has crap range (like a few meters at best).

However Saviors Hide is consistently used by 4-Cs and it was mandatory for The Apprentice (The Elder Scrolls), so I think it could prevent Ainz's magic. Apparently Ainz doesn't resist transmutation (the fact he doesn't resist that still surprises me), so I guess I change my vote to the Dragonborn. Though now it's probably a stomp in the Dovahkiin's favor now.

Death magic in overlord isn't subject to magic resistance (The author sperates instant death from other forms of magic....) Saying that type seven screws ainz death magic and leaves him with his high tier magic wich should be blocked. So think its still a stomp.

Ainz only resist petrification, Though could you list off characters that use transmutation in overlord? Its possible Im just forgetting that need to be added to the profile.

Oops, I forgot about the Dovahkiin items, can I edit it or do I just create another thread so that it is not stomped?

Back