• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Distance Between SKP and SS

So seeing a previous post about this topic regular members aren't allowed to comment so I made this just to mention few things about Ichigo's travel speed (not sure why mach 0.5 or 1 is used for Shunpo that already blitzed lightning speed characters but I won't argue for this here), anyway here we see there's clouds inside Seireitei http://m.*************/manga/bleach/v58/c581/13.html .. and normal distance between clouds and earth is 2 miles (using pixelscaling from Seireitei's width to get the height should give much higher result), now we see here when Ichigo broke the seireitei barrier http://m.*************/manga/bleach/v58/c581/17.html http://m.*************/manga/bleach/v58/c581/18.html they couldn't notice what was coming toward them and he fell with speed enough to break a building, I think getting the speed of him reaching the ground from the top of the barrier (obviously its above even the clouds) to get how fast he was to get the distance between SS and SKP is better than using an assumed speed based on a shockwave he made when he started and normal Shunbo don't look like that anyways so if anything it should be faster than normal Shunbo, using normal distance between clouds and earth or pixelscaling Seireitei's height seems more reasonable especially when mach 1 isn't that fast to reach the ground from seireitei's top without the ritters girls noticing what was coming. thanks for your time, I'd love to hear everyone's opinion.

It is probably best to inform somebody knowledgeable about Bleach, like LordAizenSama or Gwynbleiddd, about this.

The thought occured to me on that aswell but it seems unquantifiable. Atleast to me anyway. Maybe Gwynbleidd could take a look and see what he thinks.

You can inform him about this thread if you wish.

if there's an accepted size for seireitei in this wikia then you can easily get the height via pixelscaling and calc Ichigo reaching the ground and use that speed to get the distance, like all calcs this isn't 100% accurate but it's better then just assume numbers like normal human travel for RG Ichigo's Shunbo, that doesn't make sense at all.

The reason we don't use Ichigo's speed is because it is calc-stacking.

Instead TLT1 proposed that a safe low end method is finding the distance by assuming that a person would free fall from the palace.

It is indeed a low end, but it's the only way that you know the result is 100% correct with no calc stacking or wanky assumptions.

Note: Low end = ~5.65 times the diameter of the Earth.

Can someone please tell me how using the normal speed of lightning is calc stacking? Calc stacking is using one calc to calc another feat right?

@Gwynbleiddd Thank you for the reply.

You guys are assuming that Kirinji was refering to Ichigo's Shunpo when he could have meant Shunpo in General. being that We know Ichigo's is much much faste than Lightning, it's Much more likely he was refering to Shunpo in general, similarly to how someone would say You can get X book at target for 46% cheaper than B&N, you know?

I agree with @Barry.

In my calc I used the actual timeframe, not the one week statement. Is more reliable than Kirinji's statement with an unknown Shunpo speed.

Ichigo took 9 hours and 15 minutes.

From the Clock Tower in Seireitei, and Ichibei's statement.

The Quincy take over Seireitei began at 5 pm the first day.

http://*****************/read-online/Bleach-chapter-546-page-11.html

Ichigo went down after 3 hours at 8 pm

http://*****************/read-online/Bleach-chapter-555-page-7.html

Ichigo arrived at 5:15 am the next day.

http://*****************/read-online/Bleach-chapter-581-page-21.html

That's 9 hours and 15 minutes or 33,300 seconds.

Ichigo took 9 hours and 15 minutes to reach the Seireitei and his speed is at least the speed of lightning since he blitzed four people who could outpace lightning, Mimihagi is mach 3519 with the new distance since he reached the Soul King Palace in one minute. That doesn't make any sense to me.

SilentBob34 said:
Ichigo took 9 hours and 15 minutes to reach the Seireitei and his speed is at least the speed of lightning since he blitzed four people who could outpace lightning, Mimihagi is mach 3519 with the new distance since he reached the Soul King Palace in one minute. That doesn't make any sense to me.
What doesn't make sense? Were you replying to me?

@AppleLord No I was just saying their speeds don't make sense. I mean if Mimihagi is mach 3519 and it took him a minute to reach the Soul King Palace then with Ichigo being at least Mach 1293 he should've reached the Seireitei in like 5 minutes. Unless that gap between Mach 1000 and 3000 makes that big of a difference somehow. Personally I think your calc makes more sense since you used a direct timeframe and the average speed of lightning from Ichigo's multiple feats.

@Bob Thank you for clarifying that, and I agree with you. Using such inconsistent speed can cause problems later.

So is Ichigo gonna be downgraded? Using terminal velocity to find the distance means that by his feat and own statement that his shunpo is mach 6.

Gwynbleiddd is planning a Bleach revision during his summer vacation.

It really doesn't matter. Almost every fight involving anime characters has speed equalized. I'm sad that the sub-relativistic speed upgrade for Toneri didn't went as aspected. I'll try something else.

@Perilouss Exactly. There's no way his Shunpo is that slow. That's why I don't think using terminal velocity makes sense.. but oh well.

Back